• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 Brand Guidelines

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
This comes from a PDF file Sony Computer Entertainment Europe sent out. Pretty standard stuff, but still nice to see what they have set up. The file contains 30 pages, these are 18 of them (some are more or less copies of other pages with little new content).

ps4_brandfrontl8x78.png

ps4_brand1uxaca.png

ps4_brand2yqzoc.png

ps4_brand39wy9c.png

ps4_brand5w9x8v.png

ps4_brand6p0xvn.png

ps4_brand7bna7r.png

ps4_brand8z3xlw.png

ps4_brand95yx7x.png

ps4_brand10wvl90.png

ps4_brand119uli7.png

ps4_brand12t6zbg.png

ps4_brand13pox7g.png

ps4_brand148yb9s.png

ps4_brand158fbhe.png

ps4_brand16aqlk5.png

ps4_brand17pbzf0.png

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
We're playful, cheeky, always question authority and have a mischievous, slightly naughty streak. We must do cool stuff that gets people talking.

:lol

Why do we need to see or know this?

I actually think its really interesting. Its a sort of inside view on how their marketing works - and just how coordinated the fonts and colours have to be. As someone who knows nothing about marketing, it's quite eye-opening. I'd love to see the Nintendo and Microsoft equivalents too.

I'm very glad you don't decide for us what's threadworthy.

Thanks Rösti for this - if you have any more similar content please post it!

Jonboy

Man I LOVE this stuff (I work in marketing). Thanks for sharing.

Actually trying to develop a list of standards for my employer.

Jhriad

So the game case is blue?

Really hope it ends up clear like the PS3 cases. Hell, just use that form factor with a PS4 logo. Also don't cut out plastic to make the cases feel cheap as hell. I love how solid the PS3 cases are compared to a lot of other cases, including the cut out blu-ray cases. Makes it feel like the more expensive product that it is.

kick51

Banned
Just as an fyi. This is standard operating procedure for brand marketing.

Are there really people here who think anything these companies do just "naturally" happens? unplanned/improvised/impromptu moments make up like .0000001% of these companies' actions.

Dramos

I'm glad to see Sony's approach to a more cleaner yet abstract design for the brand. It reminds of the PS2 design.

I work for a small-ish apparel company and we do a lot of licensed goods. The brands we deal with include the big three auto manufacturers, as well as some famous outdoor "camo" brands. They all have branding guideline documents very similar to this, and they get updated every year or so, it seems like. It's always very interesting when I see a new one.

Thanks for posting this, OP, I'd like to see those for the other consoles (and handhelds) as well! EDIT: Oh, I see post #7 has the XBone's equivalent. Cool stuff!

Top Bottom