• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation 4 EU Launch apps: Netflix after all, 18 in total

Moozo

PlayStation has always been dedicated to offering players a rich variety of entertainment options alongside the core gaming experience, and with PS4 we’re very happy to continue that tradition.
Today I can confirm the full list of entertainment apps that will be available at launch for PS4 this Friday. In total, 18 services will be available across the SCEE region, with one more following on 4th December. And it doesn’t end there. An additional 20+ apps will follow between now and Spring 2014, including the likes of TuneIn, Game One, Filmo TV and MUBI.
All of the services listed below can be enjoyed without subscribing to PlayStation Plus. Take a look and let us know which ones you’re looking forward to booting up.

Complete list at the Playstation blog:
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/11/26/playstation-4-launch-entertainment-apps-revealed/

DBT85

So UK gets

Music Unlimited
Video Unlimited
iPlayer
VidZone
Amazon/Lovefilm
Netflix
BBC Sports
BBC News
Demand 5

You have to say, with the massive advertising spend on the Channel 4 deal you'd have thought 4od was on there lol.

Moozo

Given how long it took them to make versions of those that weren't web based on PS3, i'd say to expect them next year...
I'm wondering if they're going to have web based ones again to start with and haven't listed them because it's a bit of a stretch to call them 'apps'

Faustek

well...that was dissapointing to say the least.

Wonder when the rest of EU will get Video/Music Unlimited with VU being really effing abysmal when it comes to regions available.

At least with Netflix you can just change around your DNS to get. Effing stupid ass laws/reasons.

Channel 5. Everything I have ever dreamed of

vnYkewY.png

Carl

So UK gets

Music Unlimited
Video Unlimited
iPlayer
VidZone
Amazon/Lovefilm
Netflix
BBC Sports
BBC News
Demand 5

You have to say, with the massive advertising spend on the Channel 4 deal you'd have thought 4od was on there lol.

Oh goody, a BBC News app

Copenap

They better hurry up with the Twitch App, that's the only one I care about but they don't even mention it as one of the spring 2014 apps, that makes me a bit concerned. Don't get lazy Sony...

Spain AM CRY :/

EDIT : We do get Vidzone but no Netflix!

Fix this shit Spain!!!

Has Netflix got an official presence in Spain? I'm not sure but last I read there wasn't. If there isn't official support then it's difficult to see why Netflix would release the app for Spain.

rafaelr

wow, a whopping 3 apps for austria (IGN, VidZone, Maxdome).
these differences due to different music and video copyrights across europe really suck.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
its ok for launch - those other ones coming in 'early' 2014 needs to include 4od and ITV player.

I hope you can hide apps you don't want eventually too - if I only want netflix and iplayer/40d, I shouldn't have to deal with icons for apps I don't use just taking up space.

8bit

Knows the Score
I guess it's a bit early to ask, but I do hope the PS4 supports proxy server switching so I can continue getting Netflix/iPlayer.

RulkezX

We can download the likes of crunchyroll with a sub account , right ?

IPlayer , lovefilm and Netflix were the 3 I wanted , ITVPlayer and 4OD are awful services so not that big of a loss.

ITV Player on the PS3 is the worst thing I've encountered in my life

Worse than going into my mum and dads bedroom age 5 and being mentally scarred

Top Bottom