• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 firmware v5.0 beta registration incoming?

The form is fixed!

You no longer need to lie about subscribing to PlayStation Now. :)

Word? Going to put in another one just to be sure now. I've gotten into every single beta so far and was going to be bummed if it actually required PS Now.

Edit: It doesn't let you submit again. Hopefully they are pulling from the same database as the PS Now one.

DieH@rd

Banned
Firmware 5.0

- Knack built directly into the firmware

Actually, burning in Dreams directly into the OS would not be such a bad idea. Each game hub [pressing down on any game icon in the main app row] could get access to specific set of Dreams levels, enabling community to create wild things. :D

Firmware 5.0

Downsampling Systemwide
Boosted Boost Mode, vanilla software has full access to PRO hardware.
16xAF and 4xMSAA/TAA on all non-patched PS4 titles on PRO
PS1/PS2 emulator released, 4k 60fps uprendering
UI Overhaul

At least one of these has a chance of happening. Maybe. Probably not.

Menchi

- PS1 and PS2 BC
- PSN name change
- System wide Pro downsampling for 1080p TVs
- 2-step authentication without SMS
- Plus no longer required for online play
- All the stability and quality

believe!

This list. Please especially the bolded. Stop with the shitty half measure of "selected BC for a price"

What would you choose if you could only pick one?
I would go for the ps1/2 bc.

That's a difficult choice. It would have to be PS1/2 BC or system wide downsampling. I lean towards the latter because I own a Pro and a 1080p TV, so getting screwed out of a better image due to no downsampling sucks.

The one thing I am speculating is a complete overhaul of the store. God, I hope so. The layout of the store is so abysmal, especially the searching for items.

Not to forget that gameplay trailers on the store are of a terrible low quality.

Griss

After years of raging for folders it's nice to no longer care about firmware updates...

Thing I'm hoping for is a really good stat tracker for games and trophies. We know they can track quite a bit as the often send you end of year stats in a email.
Can't really think of anything else that I really want, better search functions for the store would be nice I guess.

... but this would be nice.

RootCause

That's a difficult choice. It would have to be PS1/2 BC or system wide downsampling. I lean towards the latter because I own a Pro and a 1080p TV, so getting screwed out of a better image due to no downsampling sucks.
I hear ya. It's an easy choice for me at the moment, since I've got no pro right now. Though adding system wide downsampling would move up my plans to get a pro.

SirNinja

Firmware 5.0

Downsampling Systemwide
Boosted Boost Mode, vanilla software has full access to PRO hardware.
16xAF and 4xMSAA/TAA on all non-patched PS4 titles on PRO
PS1/PS2 emulator released, 4k 60fps uprendering
UI Overhaul

This is an extremely good way to set yourself up for disappointment later on.

It would be amazing if we could finally get PSN name change. I don't mind if games have to support it via an update, just add it. PSN is the only service which has my old name. I've been able to change it everywhere else: Nintendo, Battle.net, Steam, Origin, GOG, Xbox Live. FFS Sony.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
I was not even going to put anything UI in that list, I too think it's fine and awesome as it is, but overhaul was definitely overstating it..I was thinking more consistency in their UI however, like making all their blue icons on the XMB a similar color and some other minor tweaks for uniformity...

I agree.

Overhaul might be too strong a word. Tweaks here n there would be nice.

Somnia

I hope we hear about system wide downsampling on pro soon, if not I'll most likely end up with an x1x for most 3rd party games.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
The form is fixed!

You no longer need to lie about subscribing to PlayStation Now. :)

aw poopy, registration already complete ... i hope they at least honor my eagerness for the beta enough to lie and send me a key :p

-PSN Name change

-Activity Log (retroactively updated since they seem to have some kind of info on your hours played)

-ShareWorld -- A Youtube like hub to upload and vote on clips and pics of community content across categories/games. Eventually allowing contests like Photo contests by publishers

-Gifting

-Folder designs/layout changes, UI resizing options, transparency options, etc

-In-Game pop up UI streamlined to allow in-app messaging, cleaner labels (Icons over giant text like in Xbox), etc.

-Friend groups, notifications for groups, etc.

Helios13

Neo Member
I registered, but I don't know if it was a glitch that I only had the "Yes, I subscribe to Playstation now" option for question 2.

Haha, all you liars that clicked you had PSNow have been exposed and won't be invited back for future betas. ;p

could you imagine if that was actually a thing?

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
- the ability to delete trophy details for games where you haven't yet unlocked a trophy.
- the abilty to delete apps the user has no intention of using (I don't care if you can put them in a folder, if I'm never going to use the playroom for example, I should be able to delete it)
- delete games but keep patch data

androvsky

- the ability to delete trophy details for games where you haven't yet unlocked a trophy.
- the abilty to delete apps the user has no intention of using (I don't care if you can put them in a folder, if I'm never going to use the playroom for example, I should be able to delete it)
- delete games but keep patch data
You can delete trophy entries for games that have no trophies unlocked. They added it about a year ago.

This is already there, but too many games give you early trophies for this to matter much.
True. :/

RedAssedApe

Banned
I wish they would revert the what's new feed to how it is before and still is on the tablet version of ps app. It's literally like one huge tile filling up the screen. Not to mention when they drop ads in there. Way too much scrolling. Severely limits use ability imo.

Wonder if they changed it to this to keep load down. Whats new feed used to be the first thing to go down when Psn was having issues.

Would love all the pro-centric features people want but I really don't see that happening considering how little Sony is marketing the pro. :/

Also for gods sake get your ui elements for Your internal apps unified. :p

Z_Y

I just want to be able to hide betas and demos from my purchased tab. Everything else would be gravy.

Tyaren

System wide downsampling here we go.

758c2595d.gif

My wishlist from most wanted to least:

1. System wide downsampling
2. Boost mode uses all of the Pro's power
3. PS1/PS2 emulation
4. PSN ID change

Top Bottom