• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation 4 firmware Ver.3.0 is currently beta tested

jmaine_ph

From whom? Tidux? Not trustworthy.
It seems like this it, going by previous firmware betas, this is what we'll get sans minor differences and elaborations.
Tidux has actually been spot on with rumors about firmware updates and you say previous betas like but there has only been one and that was 2.5. I'm not getting my hopes up but he's been right on with these things lately.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Tidux has actually been spot on with rumors about firmware updates and you say previous betas like but there has only been one and that was 2.5. I'm not getting my hopes up but he's been right on with these things lately.
No he hasn't been spot on.

You can't just only count the hits if you throw out a lot of shit. You have to also count the misses. He is a shit talker and if you believe what he writes is based on anything but guesses then you're foolish.

With Tidux it's more like a stopped clock being right twice a day.

KeRaSh

My only wish for PS4 firmwares was the suspend feature so since we already got that I don't actually mind what future updates add but for a 3.0 update this list seems a little light.

went back to last march and found the leaked FW list
Main Features

The system can now enter rest mode without closing any applications. You can adjust this setting in [Power Save Settings] > [Set Functions Available in Rest Mode].

[Accessibility] has been added to [Settings]. You can adjust accessibility settings such as zooming and button assignments.

Trophies

You an now delete trophies with 0% achievement progress.

[Earned Date], [Not Earned], and [Grade] have been added as sorting options for trophies. You can also sort by [Earned Date] and [Not Earned] options when comparing trophies with other players.

You can now search the Internet for details about trophies from the options menu in [Trophies].

Screenshots of scenes when you earn trophies are now saved automatically. You can view saved screenshots in [Capture Gallery].

You can now share trophy details and screenshots. Select the trophy you want to share details about in [Trophy], and then press the Share button.

Share Play

You can now test the host's connection speed when starting Share Play.

You can now enjoy Share Play at 60 fps. A host in a party can adjust the setting in [Party Settings] > [Video Quality for Share Play] > [Frame Rate].

A user who is running version 2.50 or earlier on their system cannot use Share Play with someone who is running version 2.50 beta on their system. Users who are both running system software version 2.50 beta can enjoy Share Play.

Other

Users who are your Facebook friends can now be displayed in [Players You May Know].

You can now send real name requests in addition to Friend requests to users who are currently not on your Friends list.

You can now apply a shadow style for text in [Themes].

You can now enter up to 140 characters for your self-introduction.

If you enter 22 characters or more for your self-introduction, only 21 characters will be displayed on a PS4 system running system software version earlier than 2.50.

You can now use the touch pad to operate playback of videos on discs.

[Discover] has been added to introduce users to PS4 system features. You can view information about features in [Notifications] > [Discover].

Remote Play cannot be used with a PS Vita system running version 3.35. A system software update for the PS Vita (to be released later) is required.

now if we look at them side by side with the final 2.5FW change log.

New for 2.50

"PSNSM" has been renamed as "PlayStation™Network".
The PS4™ system can now keep applications suspended while in rest mode. Set a checkmark in [Keep Application Suspended] under Settings (Settings) > [Power Save Settings] > [Set Functions Available in Rest Mode].
You can now back up data stored on a PS4™ system to a USB storage device. Select Settings (Settings) > [System] > [Back Up and Restore].
You can now adjust accessibility settings such as zoom and button assignments. Select Settings (Settings) > [Accessibility].
You can now upload video clips to Dailymotion™.

Other new or revised features in version 2.50

You can now test the connection speed when you start Share Play as a host. You can check whether your Internet connection speed is sufficient for Share Play.
You can now adjust the video resolution and frame rate settings for Share Play. Select [Video Quality for Share Play] in the party settings screen.

Trophies

Screenshots of scenes when you earn trophies are now saved automatically.
You can now share trophy details and screenshots of scenes when you earn trophies.
The following features have been added to the options menu of (Trophies).
You can now search the Internet for details about your trophies.
You can now sort trophies by [Earned Date], [Not Earned], or [Grade].
You can now delete trophies with 0% achievement progress.

Settings

You can now upgrade a sub account to a master account. [Upgrade Your Account] is displayed in Settings (Settings) > [PlayStation™Network/Account Management] > [Account Information] when the sub account user becomes old enough to create a master account.
If your Sony Entertainment Network account and Facebook® account are linked, users who are your Facebook® friends are now displayed as players you may know. Select [Players You May Know] in Settings (Settings) > [PlayStation™Network/Account Management] > [Privacy Settings] > [Connecting with Friends] or [Protecting Your Information].
[Text Drop Shadow] has been added to Settings (Settings) > [Themes]. When text is hard to read, you can add a shadow style to improve readability.
PS4™ system software can now be updated automatically. Set a checkmark in [System Software Update Files] and [Install Automatically] under Settings (Settings) > [System] > [Automatic Downloads and Uploads].

Other

[Discover] has been added to (Notifications). You can see tips on using the PS4™ system.

You can now use the touch pad to operate playback of videos on discs.
You can flick left or right on the touch pad to move 15 seconds back or 15 seconds forward.
You can play video from a specific point by clicking the touch pad button and then dragging left or right on the touch pad to specify a chapter or time.
You can now enter up to 140 characters for your self-introduction in your profile.
When you send a Friend request to a player whose real name is displayed, your real name is now also displayed when the player accepts your Friend request.

jmaine_ph

No he hasn't been spot on.

You can't just only count the hits if you throw out a lot of shit. You have to also count the misses. He is a shit talker and if you believe what he writes is based on anything but guesses then you're foolish.

As long as I have been following him he has had more hits than misses. Like I said, I'm not getting my hopes up that he's right just highlighting what I have observed lately.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
My only wish for PS4 firmwares was the suspend feature so since we already got that I don't actually mind what future updates add but for a 3.0 update this list seems a little light.

I disagree, although not traditional hardcore console gamer focuses and lacking some needed UI customisation options, this update looks really well focuses on one of the unique selling points of PS4 as a game console: the social aspect of gaming.
The things in FW 3.0 that are going to be added, enhanced, and fixed are mainly related to making sure it allows a top notch social and connected game experience. This is key to one of the tent pole aspects of PS4 itself and also to their push for a wider and wider user base in years 3-to-X of the console lifecycle.

Their software team is opposite with hardware team. All i want is basic functions like folder, library organization, custom screen. Are they too hard for them? :|

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
I hope they manage to ensure that the DLNA music player respects track numbering rather than ordering alphabetically.

driver116

Their software team is opposite with hardware team. All i want is basic functions like folder, library organization, custom screen. Are they too hard for them? :|

I think the team is like 1-2 people including the guy who sometimes posts on Twitter. Kind of poor for people who like new features.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I hope this "community" feature can be used to organize friends lists a bit. I can't possibly remember which xX-bLuNtAsSaSsIn-Xx plays Call of Duty and which one plays Battlefield.

Tratorn

I would like to know how many people are in their PSN/FW "team". Several of the features that people really want could be implemented by one person alone within their usual 4-6 months update timeframe...

Ape

Banned
Yes they do. Why would you actively support them settling on a UI and coasting on it for the whole generation. These things can always be improved.

Absolutely. This isn't about MS vs Sony, this is about creating the best experience for owners of the PS4. A redesign could go a long way to freshen and tighten up the console. There's nothing wrong with it as long as it's done right.

Lucifon

Layout improvements just means things are going to be designed worse. These guys love changing things even though it's fine the way it is, just because.

You can now enjoy fun conversations with your friends using stickers in messages.

Good to see their attention is focused on the important things.

Jhn

That is all hilariously underwhelming. Does Sony even know how lowly people think of their software and networking side? Are they even trying to change?

driver116

That is all hilariously underwhelming. Does Sony even know how lowly people think of their software and networking side? Are they even trying to change?

They haven't got a clue, sadly.

They have no blog/forum dedicated to updates and feedback so it's all just what they decide on and some stuff from Twitter. The PS Blog share was/is an utter joke - a place to post feedback/requests which fall on deaf ears time and again, barring "we got Kevin Butler on stage for e3".

At a guess I'd say they don't want to spend much money on FW.

Pearson

Banned
All I really want is for my controller to stop losing connectivity for what seems like no reason!

I assume other people get this? I have to restart the PS4 to fix which is so annoying. I've googled alot and don't think there is a solution. Shit Internal bluetooth maybe?

andshrew

All I really want is for my controller to stop losing connectivity for what seems like no reason!

I assume other people get this? I have to restart the PS4 to fix which is so annoying. I've googled alot and don't think there is a solution. Shit Internal bluetooth maybe?

Pretty sure this isn't something common or a software glitch. Sounds like faulty hardware or something local causing interference with the Bluetooth.

lord_lad

Banned

never had this and never heard of this before. Maybe it's just your console.

Just give us a way to organise friends and know when they're online.

I give no fucks about knowing when my >100 DestinyGAF friends are joining parties (or even when they come online).
I do care if a close friend or relative comes online or joins a party.

Top Bottom