• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation 4 firmware Ver.3.0 is currently beta tested

Seems like a nice update with some requested Community and Broadcasting features.

It says there's a beta testing program though... is that the same one that received the Suspend Update early? I wonder if the trick to get it early would work again..

RoadHazard

Gold Member
YT streaming is the only thing in that list that looks immediately worthwhile to me.

Guess it could be nice to have a GAF community and such though? Not entirely sure what it would actually be used for, but yeah.

Will we know when a friend becomes online? lol I still can't believe they didn't fix it, it's so basic, it should have been the first thing they do after launch, I'm seriously amazed by this.

This

And please fix PSN chat. It's such a pain to use and kind of embarrassing for a chat service in 2015

Custom backgrounds? Custom backgrounds? Custom backgrounds?

Yes!! And sell avatars and allow us to connect our vita like we can with the PS3

Some good stuff here like Youtube broadcasting and uploading vids to Twitter, but still no friend signed on notifications and no appearing offline?

Im guessing you ment ps3 otherwise your probably living in a jungle

nope.

The first time I want to load up the store during a session, it takes forever to actually load.

4574198576.png

Some good stuff here like Youtube broadcasting and uploading vids to Twitter, but still no friend signed on notifications and no appearing offline?

I feel your pain. Guess I'm stuck being an asshole and ignoring my friends while I'm watching Netflix/HBO/single player game until the next major firmware update :p

Some really cool stuff but man I wanted to clean up the UI home screen with custom folders and my own backgrounds. Also would like to locally store some of my files.

Sony being really stingy with the customization options this Gen, compared to my PS3 where my icons, font, wallpaper are all things I personally chose, ps4 still feels pretty generic.

Some really cool stuff but man I wanted to clean up the UI home screen with custom folders and my own backgrounds. Also would like to locally store some of my files.

Sony being really stingy with the customization options this Gen, compared to my PS3 where my icons, font, wallpaper are all things I personally chose, ps4 still feels pretty generic.

games list is gonna be just a 5 mile long line by the end of the gen haha

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Folders.
Custom backgrounds.
PSN name-changing.

THAT'S ALL I WANT AND I'LL GET NONE OF IT

Yeah, folders, what the hell! The UI already has support for it (all the streaming services are in a folder, etc), how can it be so hard to let us make our own?

PSYGN

Please add online privacy and friend notifications already. How hard can those be to implement?!

Cmagus

Fix the fucking games menu, it's a bitch to navigate as is.

Yes, The whole UI is disgusting. They really need more sorting options and to stop throwing everything on the main bar let alone adding Playstation stuff you can't remove from the main bar.

HUELEN10

I'm still rooting for and hoping for them to catch up with the competition and actually let you add storage to the console; put those USB 3.0 ports to good use! In the next year or so when I get my Ps4, its gonna suck if the option's not there.

i bet the sonygaf community will just be filled with ponys who only talk about ps4 and ps4 games. this boards sony bias never ceases to amaze me.

I'm joking, obviously

Andrefpvs

Without really knowing how the communities work, apart from YouTube streaming this doesn't seem like it was worth the 5 month wait :/

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Still no folders. It's getting comical now.

- Has been (Live from PlayStation) is improved. Not only broadcast, video clips, even on the screen shot I was supported.

Hopefully this means PNG screenshots.

Here you go guys. I passed it through every language on google translate to make sure we didn't miss anything. I highlighted the important parts.

It's new in this beta, version 3.00, which is important,

(Events) as a part of the work, he adds. PlayStation related to an open and participants, and will see.
(Men) (friends) he added. (Community) interest in the player wants some might see the part. You can create a new company, or they can be part of society. May be one of the villagers, and people will be able to share the same.
(Game), and you will be able to participate in this one, you can easily start the game, and the list of other members in the game, and to play games. Moreover, its screen between the members of the organization will be able to watch the game. (A) (You can find a game) and the new (friendship), and (-panjakana) to convey the message on the screen.
A screen message (the message) to increase. You, you can easily start with the members of the group (this game) I see. Also, a group of friends to answer) (group can help.
Now you can connect your tub.
They can scan the video on Twitter. (Best 10 seconds)

As with other beta version 3.00

(PlayStation). TV and video, and not only that, but he agreed to screen

Gift

(Settings)> Add> Book-speed automatic, we can adjust the scroll speed.
Then press time, the national anthem (students) can campaign.

Other

Now you can type a new purpose.
(SCORE) and (a), and now much more pleasant to talk to them.
(Playstatyon®plus) adds. As a special you can find the latest news, special offers and free stroke See playstatyon®plus content.
The Blu-ray player that supports the disabled Technology ™ / DVD. Pharalatso the sound stage.
We think the new year is set to run the code, can be reduced.
-Potlana Why new users choose to display.
Stop using the work area as it can be (and)> [Parental Control]. (To use the service, they can make the difference between the price).

14:50 Son of the changes, announced a week after the law came two weeks, and I believe that the time may be long.

Boke1879

I'm actually very interested in sharing clips to Twitter l and I think making communities alongside games would be pretty damn useful. YouTube streaming a nice get as well.

I just wish Soby was more timely with these things. We should pretty have a lol the basic features of the Xbox one by now

Top Bottom