• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 Pro |Launch Thread| PS4 Reloaded

NHale

I can transfer data from PS4 - PS4Pro more than 1 time, right? In case some game gets patched or someone finds an unpatched game that runs better in the near future. I don't want to restore everything because I have already filled 2GB on PS4Basic with another 400GB of games I wanted on my system.

Sony should be ashamed of not allowing external USB drives...

50 hours to transfer 730 GB? Oh boy. It said 118 minutes on the previous screen...

Has Hitman been patched yet? Also First Light is 60FPS? It definitely feels like it.

I installed Hitman and played it but didn't see any differences.

My game was still downloading the other episodes but I'd think the patch, if any, was already applied when I turned the game on.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
No standard HDMI is fine, though the pro comes with an HDMI 2.0 cable.
Thank you! So it's confirmed that's even games without 1080p mode (im assuming ones that render in higher resolutions) still look better on my 1080p TV on the Pro via downsampling than the standard PS4?

Is that accurate?

chippy13

So I found out that it is my Sony soundbar HDCP 2.2 input that doesn't do handshake with the PS4pro. Works directly in the tv. It pisses me off.

Not sure if these will work but there are hdcp 2.2 to 1.4 converters on amazon. Thinking I may have to pick one of these up my self to get Netflix to work.

leng jai

We're going to get a million questions about TLOU's Pro mode aren't we? ND really need to patch in the exact details of each mode in the display options menu.

TalonJH

My new baby.

Y5Rm6nj.jpg

First impressions: it looks really nice and I wasn't crazy about the look before only having seen pictures. It feels a lot heavier than it looks. Quiet so far as I wait for my games to download. The material of the controller feels different.

I'm impressed with the build quality in all.

The Goat

Anyone know if you can just swap the hard drive before first boot of the Pro? I have my 2T hybrid drive from my old PS4 (sold it already) ready to go. Just pop it in the Pro and boot? Seems like it should work.

Hasney

Yeah I meant to ask if I need to do a complete transfer to retain those, or does it allow you to specify what you want to transfer? Because I don't want to wait for transferring games, I don't mind reinstalling anything I want to replay. I just want some of the cool screen grabs and videos I have on my hard drive.

Ah nah, you can untick applications and just get saves/captures/settings.

kriskrosbbk

Guys how is your fan? I am playing BF1 for couple of hours and is far from noisy but sounds a bit different than my OG.Like different rpm's.Low than high pitch than low again and so on..

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Got my PS4 Pro

Gonna grab Infamous Second Son and Ratchet and Clank

Tried Paragon, not bad at all on my 1080p set
Vegetation stands out and character models look real crisp

Need to really grab the heavy hitters to enjoy them until I can get a 4K set

MrBenchmark

OK super serious question. I have two PS4's now how and do the save sync when playing on one and then the other? Since it doesn't work like it does on Xbox.

Do NOT want my son's Bloodbourne saves getting messed up.

Thank you

Anyone else not doing SquareTrade warranty? I've usually done it but I've never needed to use it. Why spend $100 again when it probably won't be needed?

Jesus. How on earth can Skyrim run worse? Doing back to back with both OG and Pro - there's definitely supersampling but the framerate on pro took a huge hit.

What the hell?

I did that and worked fine. You just need to download the most recent PS4 firmware and put in a USB drive. Search for "Fresh instalation system software PS4" and they have a page explaining it.

Anyone know if you can just swap the hard drive before first boot of the Pro? I have my 2T hybrid drive from my old PS4 (sold it already) ready to go. Just pop it in the Pro and boot? Seems like it should work.

Not if you want your data from that drive, you had to back it up somewhere. If from scratch then yeah, fresh install

So Im assuming I dont need to do anything with TF2 besides install the latest patch and install the game to get Pro mode to run right? Yes I have a 4k tv! thanks

Dead

well not really...yet
Damn...my Pro is saying HDR is not compatible with my TV.

I own a 65EF9500 OLED...HDR works perfectly fine on 4k blu-ray and Xbox One S...

this doesn't seem right

edit: derp, forgot to set the PS4 HDMI to enchanced *phew*

Top Bottom