• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4, winning - But it has no games

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinggroin

Banned
So why are folks buying the system in record numbers? Is it for Octodad? Is it for Sony's music service? Is it because folks don't realize Titanfall isnt on it?

It can't possibly be that the assertion in the thread title isn't true, right? Then why does said assertion even exist, in the face of hard numbers?

Edit: The second paragraph is the most important ;-)

MODS: If I'm banned for this, let it be known in advance that I've learned my lesson.

monlo

kinda the same reason that people *aren't* buying Wii U in record numbers... despite it having good games already.

The future.

Fracas

#fuckonami
The PS4's got a lot of good stuff, the problem is that most of it came out in November (at least in terms of what I like).

Carl

Maybe your own taste doesn't apply to everyone, and some people out there like the games already released on the system.

jackmurray

Neo Member
Because when people are buying something like this they're buying part of the next five years of their life, and they don't want to give their money to a company they don't trust as far as they can spit.

Similar to the PS2, it's performing well early based on hype and promises despite competitors having a better library at the moment. Everyone figures "the games are coming eventually" and are tired of their old platforms, want the newest thing, etc.

Majestad

Banned
I believe the sales will drastically go down over the next few months. That goes pretty much for every platform. Only one that might see a slight bump is the WiiU because MK is a juggernaut, although even that system will keep struggling hard time.

Well... to be honest most people don't have too much time to play anyway. Saying it has no games isn't really true for the majority of people buying it. I can only see the hardcore people complaining they've played all the games they want to play.

McDougles

So why are folks buying the system in record numbers? Is it for Octodad? Is it for Sony's music service? Is it because folks don't realize Titanfall isnt on it?

image.php

-griffy-

Banned
Asking this question the week Ground Zeroes and Infamous drop is perhaps shortsighted. Not to mention it's a bullshit question in the first place.

*reads OP* Wait a minute...

kiguel182

Is this a thread mocking people who say the console has no games or are you serious?

As a poster already said it has 38 games and in only 4 months of life. Seems good.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
attach rate for XBO is noticeably higher than PS4.

maybe PS4 people don't want/need games?

Because it does have games. You get a lot of shitting on lineups around here because they are just "last gen ports" or games already available on the PC, but the average consumer doesn't think that way. To them, getting shit like Resogun or Outlast for free, or being able to play better looking versions of NBA or Battlefield are still pretty big selling points. They are not as cynical as us.

Moofers

WAT DO YOO MEAN NO GAMEZ?

After work, I'm going to get a PS4 with copies of:

Dark Souls 2
Final Fantasy XIII Lightning Returns
South Park Stick of Truth

That's 3 games in one day not too bad IMO. You are just jelly of all the power. Are you jelly? You need to go to jelly school? Cuz I can call and see if they have an opening!

Giolon

Infamous Second Son and Dynasty Warriors 8 XL Complete Edition both come out next week. What more could anyone want?

bob page

One game on XBO (Titanfall) vs one game on PS4 (Infamous). Pretty even. But the PS4 also has a large quantity of indie games that are quite fun.

I think the answer is pretty clear.

Oh, and dat next gen graffix.

vocab

It has games, but it doesn't have the games I want quite yet. A lot of people are playing the waiting game. Once those games start rolling ill be glad to buy a ps4.

BD1

Banned
I think the biggest threat to PS4 momentum right now is that it's hard to find and outside of Infamous, there isn't really any new exclusive stuff in the near future.

At some point do consumers who want a next gen box just buy XB1 & Titanfall or keep waiting?

alterno69

Banned
This argument again, two of the most popular shooters on the market are available on it and they looks better than on any other console on earth.

New games are releasing every week, a big AAA exclusive is releasing this week.

jts

...hate me...
Hype sells.

I've had all home PlayStations so far and will not buy a PS4 until like a year down the line, when hopefully it already has a handful of nice games, is maybe cheaper, maybe larger storage, maybe more efficient model, OS and features are richer and more robust, I'll also get a more efective use of the warranty period, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom