• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 Is Reportedly in Serious Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Came in expecting to read some stuff about COVID-19 related production issues, not a bunch of fanboy fantasy nonsense.

giphy.gif

Well I heard from an unnamed source that the PS5 spontaneously sprouts wings and flys away. Apparently this will delay launch up to 6 months.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Of course SONY should rethink their console's specs after Microsoft releasing the "Series X" specs, I agree that SONY should just release a Pro version of whatever they release, people are hyped for the PS5.

More hot scoops from JEZ! Corden.

Why is the sources Twitter account protected now?

We should probably leave garbage like this to N4G.com
As noted previously; if you guys want to do away with stuff like this then all of your little fanboy Youtube videos you guys post as an attempt to reinenforce your views have to go as well.

It's a two way street.

Last edited:
I honestly think sony has done the opposite to ms as in release a weaker console first and follow up with a pro because of this exact situation with the series X being more powerful It wouldn't surprise me if Sony thought Lockhart was going to be the first unveiling from ms then follow up with the more powerful series X like this gen ... I don't know though just thinking out loud

Kacho

Gold Member
As noted previously; if you guys want to do away with stuff like this then all of your little fanboy Youtube videos you guys post as an attempt to reinenforce your views have to go as well.

It's a two way street.
Don’t “you guys” me with this this horseshit. I don’t post fanboy YouTube or anything.

Jez is trash

Windows Central is trash

All the Sony fanboy personalities/websites I’m not familiar with are trash

All of this shit needs to go. Gaming side is a travesty right now.

PaNaMa

Banned
Most likely BS, but if it's true Sony could just drop the clocks and safely release and launch a lower TF number, and still sell bazillions of units... then drop a Pro a year later.

Or, they can delay now and use "covid19" to save face publicly, while they redesign some things...and just launch second - PS3 caught up, right?

Even if the bs rumour is true, it's certainly not ideal for Sony but it's not all doom and gloom either. They have good options.

Don’t “you guys” me with this this horseshit. I don’t post fanboy YouTube or anything.

Jez is trash

Windows Central is trash

All the Sony fanboy personalities/websites I’m not familiar with are trash

All of this shit needs to go. Gaming side is a travesty right now.
This is what happens when fake people have hyped a specific sector of the market up with dreams of a 13 Teraflop console, and it doesn't pan out.

Disaster ensues.

Vawn

Banned
This is what happens when fake people have hyped a specific sector of the market up with dreams of a 13 Teraflop console, and it doesn't pan out.

Disaster ensues.

Only 80% of GAF polled plans to buy a PS5. You'll find similar numbers on other site polls.

"Disaster".

People care more about the games and the developers who make them than the difference of 1.8 TF.

Last edited:

Lone Wolf

This reminds me of when it was rumored that The Xbox One was getting downclocked before release. All the “insiders” here said it was legit, and the console released with an upclock to cpu and gpu. I don’t believe this for a second.

Last edited:

On Demand

Banned
I agree with that. I bowed out of that nonsense a long time ago and feel like it lead to the state the forum is currently in.

The "disaster" is coming from the xbox people spreading garbage about PS5. They're just being called out on it.

PS5 being a couple percent less powerful is not a big deal at all. The minions are making it out to be. Trying so bad to make something of it.

Last edited:

hunthunt

Banned
This is why I dont evern bother with "specialized videogame sites" anymore.

I havent read a single article about videogames in 10 years I think.

Videogames journalism is caving their own graves with crap like this in an already irrelevant sector.

Nothing to do with MS. They're just smart and try to get the maximum value from their components. They're just getting value / price up on PS5. Their fixed power solution does just that.

MS should have done the same actually.
Yeah, I think MS is pretty happy with their hardware decisions at this point.
No way in hell Sony wanted the system to have variable clocks, no way. To think otherwise just defies logic.
I guess using 36CUs was also a master stroke and MS should have done that also?

semicool

Banned
Osiris on this very board said there were heating issues with the ps5, his comments about that are in the huge speculation thread. He mentioned it twice there offhand.

Last edited:
The only trouble i see is coming from xXx numbers of death, before the end of year. As i would love to get both consoles, i'm not really shure PS5 and XS are coming this year. The infinte delay for LOU2 opens the gate to more and more delay.

Elenchus

Banned
Jesus. Unless Sony shows up with GOW at launch this is probably not going to be a buy for me at launch. Just have a bad feeling.

Krisprolls

Banned
Yeah, I think MS is pretty happy with their hardware decisions at this point.
No way in hell Sony wanted the system to have variable clocks, no way. To think otherwise just defies logic.

Of course they wanted to have the max bang for their bucks.

It's not about having variable frequencies, it's about using max power available at any time.

Wow, some of you don't really try to understand. Not many devs here huh ? lol

Dante83

Banned
Even if the article is not credible, I wouldn't be surprised if it was true. Sony seems concerned about clock speeds, RAM speeds, and their "lavish" their cooling solution, which could increase the price. This thing better not overheat and have hardware failures. I certainly don't want to buy some gen 1 unreliable crap.

Last edited:

Roxkis_ii

Wow, these fanboys are making themselves look extra pathetic. Were they trying to scare Sony investers?

How did they think this would pan out? Did they not think people would check the receipts?

War with facts, not fairytales.

Last edited:

Three

WTF did I just read.

"Sony are scared to show the console because they need to redesign the form factor. They are scared to redesign because some schoolkids will say nah nah you copied XSX, copy cat copy cat"

Is this guy being serious?

Did they show the design for PS4 when they announced the console? No.

This is your typical FUD tactic.

Last edited:

LostDonkey

I remember these rumours before the PS4 launched. That it was running hot and failure rates were high. There was some rumour that thermal paste had been sabotaged at one of the manufacturing plants.

Turned out to be BS.

wolffy71

Banned
Stuff like this is gonna continue until sony shows the console. Its easy to assume something isnt quite right, right now. It may just be a marketing decision for sure. But until the give a reason to stop trying to guess why they've been so quiet, its gonna keep going.

Justin9mm

I want to love the PS5 and I do believe when it's all said and done the console will do fine but I can't help but think Sony really did drop the ball and underestimate Microsoft. Regardless of everything we do or don't know, from the release of the One X and Microsoft being hell bent on having the best console to play, Sony should of known they needed a powerful competing console. I feel like they let their ego with the PS4 success get to them and execs were more worried about cost and the greed of larger profits then trying to finally give Playstation fans a real evolution in gaming. I just can't help but feel they didn't as hard as they should have.

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
-Phil Spender smiles as he looks at his bank account, while all these virgins are fighting his war for him for free.-

Delays of their first party stuff dont paint a very good picture....there is probably a lot of other stuff aligned with the ps5 launch window that is also probrably gonna get pushed out
i am fully expecting a 2021 ps5 release date......if MS do launch this year and drop some good games they are gonna be playing catch up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom