• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation 5 |LAUNCH OT| No limits

Exciting times my friends! Dual Sense feels comfortable in the hand. It’s a beauty. I still prefer the switch pro controller which to me is an almost perfect fit for my hands but I haven’t experienced the haptics or adaptive triggers yet so that might put it over the top. It is a beautiful console in person and beastly huge.

there is something truly awesome about this thing. Maybe I’m just hyped to the max like I haven’t been since the Dreamcast launch but everything about this setup experience feels super modern.
Big lines for ps5 in Australia and they’re all sold out but ebgames southland still had a few XSX on the shelf (or so it seemed they may have been display boxes but they were not evenly stacked so I think they were real consoles).

transfer from ps4 is complete it is time to start with astros playroom!

Just setup mine..couple of things i stumbled over

console sharing is the new name for primary and secondary consoles..u can only enable it on 1 Consoke

if you have ps4 versions (with ps5 free updates) of games you have to select options on the title to download full ps5 version

Dual sense is pretty fucking good..but scared it will break

rofif

Banned
So does ps5 bc mean last guardian 4k mode will be stable 30 finally ?

Would love death stranding patch and triggers too. I will buy disc version because I have to many games... Or will the ps5 versions be a separate purchase or just patches?

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
Does anyone know for certain if a USB-C fast charger like the one that came with my S10+ would do any damage if it were used to charge up the headset and controller?

Last edited:

Inviusx

2EVa1TQ.jpg

Lets fucking go boys.

Fuck the thing blows out some red hot heat from the rear....I just went to unplug a headphone dongle and it actually started burning my hairs on my arm.....the dongle itself was also red hot

don’t put anything behind this console

Fuck the thing blows out some red hot heat from the rear....I just went to unplug a headphone dongle and it actually started burning my hairs on my arm.....the dongle itself was also red hot

don’t put anything behind this console

Your TIM is probably failing on you if it's causing you to suffer burns. You do know that human hair burns at the same temperature as paper right? So around 400°F.

Last edited:
What's a Secondary console?
Do you have both a PS4 and a PS5 primary (home) console?
Can you login both the PS4 and the PS5 on the same account at the same time?
Not the same account...one console can have content sharing enabled meaning anyone else logged in on that console can play the library and you can then log onto another ps4 under your user and play.....basically the same as ps4

Moogle11

Banned
Yeah november games will be gone sadly unless they extend these games for December which would be the right thing to do

I think they mean that bigger collection of PS4 games, not the November games (Shadow of War,Hollow Knight and Bugsnax). Those will be gone, the collection will still be up. As far as I know that’s a permanent thing for people with active PS+ subs, or at least they haven’t announced an an end date for being able to claim them.

Umbral

So does ps5 bc mean last guardian 4k mode will be stable 30 finally ?

Would love death stranding patch and triggers too. I will buy disc version because I have to many games... Or will the ps5 versions be a separate purchase or just patches?
If you have the disc version and don’t patch it, it’ll run at 60fps locked.

My PS5 Digital Edition has been shipped out from Best Buy today and will be here tomorrow. Meanwhile, my PS5 Physical Edition will be picked up at Best Buy in-store tomorrow as well! I am giving away PS5 Physical Edition :) Which is why I got 2 of them, keeping Digital for myself.

Kerlurk

Banned

Last edited:
I'm sure you will be giving it to some nice bloke on ebay. That's really nice of you.

Nope. Running a contest until December 31st. Winner on 1st of January. It's for some promo/business marketing stuff. If you want more info feel free to DM.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrS

Kerlurk

Banned

Last edited:
Thanks, but I was just trying to be funny.

To tell you the truth, yes, I did plan to resell it for a much higher price but I realized the extra bucks would not bring anything to me of value when I rather just promote my business instead and generate audience, traffic and popularity. Far more beneficial than getting an extra $500-700 and then blowing it on some dumb shit.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrS

Malakhov

Banned
I think they mean that bigger collection of PS4 games, not the November games (Shadow of War,Hollow Knight and Bugsnax). Those will be gone, the collection will still be up. As far as I know that’s a permanent thing for people with active PS+ subs, or at least they haven’t announced an an end date for being able to claim them.
Really? That's good news then. Anyhow I 'should' get a console before Friday with l the preorder I have. Can't believe they will all fail me

Last edited:

SegaManAU

Gold Member
Ok, so quick feedback.

The console is fucking huge, and it's ugly.

The dual Sense controller is amazing. I've felt that since the Xbox 360, I've preferred the Microsoft controllers. Things have changed because the Dual Sense is fucking amazing. The feedback on the controller is insane.

Astro's Room is a great little game. I've got Spider-Man installed but I'll have to wait tonight to dig into it.

Dang I got an email hours ago that my PS5 shipped from Best Buy but the tracking is still saying UPS hasn't picked it up. Starting to look like I won't get it tomorrow. I'm more worried whether I'll get it at all as I've had things come from Best Buy before that stay on label created and never ship.

Vtecomega

Banned
Congrats! But telling you, you better open that back because the vented hot air might get sucked again. Just cut it open.

Cheers bro! Yeah I should move the ps5 out in the open and place is vertically. I just placed it in the cabinet for the time being because I was too lazy to install the vertical stand 😅

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Cheers bro! Yeah I should move the ps5 out in the open and place is vertically. I just placed it in the cabinet for the time being because I was too lazy to install the vertical stand 😅

You can keep it there, don’t worry, just cut enough window in the back for hot air to escape, or cut it just as high as PS5 horizontally and push the console slightly to the back and you’re good to go! The intake is in the front right so you don’t need to worry at all. Enjoy!:messenger_winking_tongue:

Vtecomega

Banned
You guys are in for a treat though. I can't really convey in words but the entire experience feels next gen.

I have installed 5 games from my library in less than 10 minutes. All installed with patches. Let that sink in!

The UI is a bit confusing at first but you get the hang of it.

The controller is hands down the greatest thing ever. Feels robust and the rumble is incredible.

More impressions soon

Top Bottom