• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation 5 |LAUNCH OT| No limits

NewYork214

Fuck this launch. Target screwed me. Had it in my cart for store pick up. On final page and kept getting errors until it finally said sold out. Gonna try walmart at their various hours today

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
Can anyone with a PS5 confirm how long the initial set up is? I started the system for the first time, created a user, and now it's showing that glittery "loading" screen for like... 10 minutes. Am I screwed or does it take this long?

ManaByte

Gold Member
Can anyone with a PS5 confirm how long the initial set up is? I started the system for the first time, created a user, and now it's showing that glittery "loading" screen for like... 10 minutes. Am I screwed or does it take this long?

Series X took a while. So that's probably normal.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
A $100 headset will not have “superior” and “most optimization”, it’s going to be severely limited by the drivers. Platinum and Gold headset had the same issue.

But carry on.

Sorry to qoute you again, but the perks of PS headset are downloadable presets, so devs know how it'll sound.

Ciso5WaUUAAzVKf.jpg

Of course, sound quality goes up the more you pay.

Last edited:

Captn

Hey guys, quick question as I am not really sure what thread to use. Please mods feel free to move to a proper thread if necessary.

I am wondering, how many of you will be putting the PS5 horizontally vs vertically...

I am thinking going for the horizontal position as I believe it would be the safest one just for the fact that the PCB would be in it's natural flat position therefore minimizing the liquid metal from leakage being set vertically. I know Sony have made the necessaries for it to be fine vertically but logic and gravity tells me that flat position would still be the safest.

What do you guys think ? What will you do ? I did not see any official FAQ from Sony explaining this or maybe I missed it. Any legit info would be appreciated if any exist.

Thanks

Last edited:

TexMex

I haven’t been this immediately impressed with hardware since the Dreamcast. They’re right, you can hear about the controller all day but until you use it, wow. Haven’t been this excited on a launch day in years.

Hey guys, quick question as I am not really sure what thread to use. Please mods feel free to move to a proper thread if necessary.

I am wondering, how many of you will be putting the PS5 horizontally vs vertically...

I am thinking going for the horizontal position as I believe it would be the safest one just for the fact that the PCB would be in it's natural flat position therefore minimizing the liquid metal from leakage being set vertically. I know Sony have made the necessaries for it to be fine vertically but logic and gravity tells me that flat position would still be the safest.

What do you guys think ? What will you do ? I did not see any official FAQ from Sony explaining this or maybe I missed it. Any legit info would be appreciated if any exist.

Thanks

I went with vertical. First time too. But it’s just too big. It’ll fit in my entertainment center, but not comfortably. More worried about good airflow than presentation.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
It's when you restore it to factory settings.

Ok. But why is it necessary? I kept it as it is because there were a few games in my account and thought friend would be able to play them. Can I not set the new PS5 as primary and be done with it?

Romulus

I'm really curious about planetside 2 running on ps5. It had pretty awful framerate(unlocked) issues on ps4, making it difficult to play in bigger fights. It's a free download. Not to mention the load screens are god awful.
The game even has an fps counter by typing /fps in the chat.

Last edited:

TheMan

Well, target has yet to ship my PS5 so my already razor thin hopes of launch day pleasures are done. This weekend is also looking unlikely, which sucks because I work next weekend.

Duellist

My understanding is that you need to use it initially but you can change settings to enable slower hdmi and use that afterwards
I just looked at my old cable and it say high speed cable also. Actually it's the exact same cable according to the markings lol

Last edited:

dave_d

Fuck this launch. Target screwed me. Had it in my cart for store pick up. On final page and kept getting errors until it finally said sold out. Gonna try walmart at their various hours today
Similar experience with Bestbuy. Showed up but you couldn't get it in your cart. I'm doing the same, hopefully Walmart is better. (Admittedly if I get one I'll probably just give it to my brother and get another one later.)

LordCBH

I thought Watch Dogs Legion was out today? GameStop told me it’s not out till the 24th when I went to get my pre orders

scydrex

Enjoy your PS5... i couldn't preorder one. Will get one when available with demon souls and spiderman. At least I got my Pulse headset to use it with the PS4 meanwhile. Please share yours Dualsense impresión and audio too.

PSYGN

BestBuy didn't have any digital versions in stock that I preordered for my brother so they upgraded me to the physical version at no extra cost... pretty nice of them!

Nester99

IN the que to buy one from the source.

our estimated wait time is:more than an hour
Number of users in line ahead of you: 46628

LOL

Nymphae

Banned
Picking up Demon's Souls preorder tonight, also possibly going to grab Spider-man because I just want a second game to switch to now and then until Cyberpunk is released. I'm not happy about paying that price for what I don't believe to be a very substantial upgrade, but what can you do. Wait a few months and grab it cheaper I guess?

splattered

Anyone here military (Or fam military) needing a PS5? I saw on slickdeals they are available at a military outlet for $480 and i believe you don't have to pay tax on that as well...

Top Bottom