• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 [OT] Taking Over The World One SSD At A Time

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Could you make an exploded XSX and veteran flying out of it in that fashion? Or even a PC. :lollipop_tears_of_joy:
tenor.gif

hypepng59123doj4i.jpg

Bo_Hazem

Banned
This must be bullshot.

It looks like a shot taken from a movie. It cant be that detailed ingame.

Yup, it is that detailed ingame, just look at how PS5 has shown already:

Unreal+Engine%2Fblog%2Fa-first-look-at-unreal-engine-5%2FUnreal_Engine_5_Gallery_3-2491x1400-b9dc65762824a9aa810ffda0fcaf389469ab129f.jpg

Unreal+Engine%2Fblog%2Fa-first-look-at-unreal-engine-5%2FUnreal_Engine_5_Nanite-2491x1401-110edc43c67b7d81be869bf703cb40a72e557c96.jpg

People are forgetting that was running in real time on PS5, a gameplay. I know, it's quite frightening the level of details that PS5 can draw. This is the next gen thread, the real one, no muddy crossgen bullshot ;)

Last edited:

ANIMAL1975

Where am i TGO? ❤️
Nonsense! This is his apartment:
NINTCHDBPICT000586741796.jpg
That's my apartment in Home mofos! Who snick in and took the picture?
State of Play early Aug going into games. Some sort of video digging deep into UI and other functions of the system not yet announced late Aug then tear down video early Sept.

Might swap those last event but timing would remain the same.
Thank you very much brother!

Unreal+Engine%2Fblog%2Fa-first-look-at-unreal-engine-5%2FUnreal_Engine_5_Gallery_3-2491x1400-b9dc65762824a9aa810ffda0fcaf389469ab129f.jpg

Unreal+Engine%2Fblog%2Fa-first-look-at-unreal-engine-5%2FUnreal_Engine_5_Nanite-2491x1401-110edc43c67b7d81be869bf703cb40a72e557c96.jpg

People are forgetting that was running in real time on PS5, a gameplay. I know, it's quite frightening the level of details that PS5 can draw. This is the next gen thread, the real one, no muddy crossgen bullshot ;)

But you will still have people who say they are not excited for next gen because games all look like cross gen. What you will find is it only Xbox fans who say that. Interesting isn't it?

If I pause the game, swing the camera around, and it looks that good, I will literally do the Antonio Banderas gif in real life.

Ive seen plenty of amazing work even in PS3 era during this camera manipulation. When particles, physics, lighting, all comes together after, lets say, a car crash, its really impressive the amount of details and all the effort and word to produce a higher quality game and Sony Studios are known for it, those small details...

I wouldnt doubt this could be true. As soon as You guys put your hands on a ps5, we can do Just that and see If its exactly like the pic.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. The geometry engine in the PS5 is robust enough to do foveated rendering. This rendering technique is key for gaze tracking, which the PSVR2 headset will be capable of. The more interesting aspect is how developers will utilize the geometry engine outside of VR titles. Are they making good use of it now? What kind of advantages does it bring?

-Arcadia-

Banned
-Arcadia- -Arcadia- here is the August hype train, you either onboard, flying off an exploded PC, or sitting on the sad Craig moon watching all the fun from far away. It got the blessing of EviLore in the sky, while Kaz and Mod of War riding poor Phil Spencer. :lollipop_tears_of_joy:

Every time someone makes a hype train, I feel like the event becomes doomed. I joked about this with PS, and 24 hours later, we got Mark Cerny finding the cure for insomnia (fascinating details tho). I joked about this with Xbox, and 24 hours later, we got Craig. So. I stay off hype trains. Lol.

I don’t think there was a hype train for the PS reveal? And look how many cool games were shown, lol.

Seriously, I’m interested. There definitely is an event, and not just rumors, right?

Every time someone makes a hype train, I feel like the event becomes doomed. I joked about this with PS, and 24 hours later, we got Mark Cerny finding the cure for insomnia (fascinating details tho). I joked about this with Xbox, and 24 hours later, we got Craig. So. I stay off hype trains. Lol.

I don’t think there was a hype train for the PS reveal? And look how many cool games were shown, lol.

Seriously, I’m interested. There definitely is an event, and not just rumors, right?

There was an Xbox hype train?

And TGO TGO made a hype train for the PS hardware reveal event.

Edit: BTW here's the person who was driving the train for the Road to PS5 event.

BronzeAgreeableGrizzlybear-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
Remember Matt Harget said there are PS5 features not yet disclosed, a more advanced checkerboard technique could be one of them.
You could be correct, but I don't see why Microsoft wouldn't also have the same capabilities as well, so you know if that was the case they'd already talk about it. I just don't think they have reconstruction ability. I'd like to be wrong, though. Possible they have something up their sleeve.

Yep.

When we actually start to see the Very small details of the best games, we see that this New gen can really be something really special.

Something I notice from this demo pics is not only the level of etails but also How convincing and realistic the lighting is. Something that this gen suffers even on big games like Uncharted 4 (ghost of tsushima as well I suppose) is How bland are the shadowed areas, a big drop in quality compared to lightned areas. This is one of the things we might have huge leap (Hope so) judging by the Ue5 demo.

Bo_Hazem

Banned

Are you serious? I've thrown around 24-26 gold memberships for being overhyped before the PS5 reveal until my bank locked my card for 24 hours:lollipop_tears_of_joy:, a side effect of not sleeping for 44 hours. :lollipop_tears_of_joy: I remember after the reveal I got 1000+ reactions in less than 3 days from posting the screenshots:lollipop_tears_of_joy:

It was insane, never been for long here nor known what gaf is before January, but never had such hype and adrenaline! Kept only sleeping once every 2 days for like a week after.:lollipop_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
you missed this?

VvTo64R.jpg

I guess I did. Lol. That is epic.

Are you serious? I've thrown around 24-26 gold memberships for being overhyped before the PS5 reveal until my bank locked my card for 24 hours:lollipop_tears_of_joy:, a side effect of not sleeping for 44 hours. :lollipop_tears_of_joy: I remember after the reveal I got 1000+ reactions in less than 3 days from posting the screenshots:lollipop_tears_of_joy:

It was insane, never been for long here nor known what gaf is before January, but never had such hype and adrenaline! Kept only sleeping once every 2 days for like a week after.:lollipop_tears_of_joy:

😳 $125 in Gold and 1000 reactions. Lmao. That’s awesome, though. You guys know how to party. Maybe I should hang around this thread right before the event :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Perrott

So, I was browsing around and found something that may get us fans jonesing in anticipation.

It looks like Jez Corden has also joined in saying that Sony has secured some major third party exclusives this time. And seems to be major stuff akin to the days of Final Fantasy, etc. and not just the ol' "Call of Duty maps and marketing" shtick.

This is in-line with what Imran Khan(I believe?) said a while back also. Exciting to see it, but I have to admit I'm not always the biggest fan of moneyhats.
Some of the third-party games that I think Sony could've secured as PS5 timed exclusives include Final Fantasy XVI (Square Enix), Starfield (Bethesda) or Street Fighter VI/Monster Hunter World 2 (Capcom) - all of them prestige titles and system sellers for certain audiences, and at the same time not as expensive - when it comes working out an exclusivity deal - as Activision, Electronic Arts or Ubisoft titles.

-Arcadia-

Banned
I'll be glad if they start to sell DualSense before the PS5 release... well, if DualSense get PS4/PC compatibily.

I think this happened for GameCube? It was so cool to buy a piece of the system during the unbearable last few weeks/days wait, and actually get hands-on with it.

I really hope this happens here.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Just to clarify, have you heard whether these major third party games, that are said to be connected to PS5, are just marketing deals or are they launch exclusives?

Hate to be so vague but it seems like its going to be some of both

And while I do not know for a fact the big ones Jez was speaking about I would imagine its the same ones thats been circulating awhile now

Plus the reboot thats a Sony exclusive

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Hate to be so vague but it seems like its going to be some of both

And while I do not know for a fact the big ones Jez was speaking about I would imagine its the same ones thats been circulating awhile now

Plus the reboot thats a Sony exclusive
Thanks for the info! Shame that there’s still no price / pre-order said to happen this month yet. Just speculation. I mean, at this point, I’m happy to see games, but I want to try to secure an order already.

Top Bottom