• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 [OT] Taking Over The World One SSD At A Time

J_Gamer.exe

Your in the right plaice...

Think that fish joke went over Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem head....

I only did it for the halibut...

I wonder if sircaw sircaw plays COD....

All sounds a bit fishy.

If Mrs fish plays out of tune do you... tuna? Did you meet on POF? Are you o-fish-al, I guess any fin is possible.... for gods hake..

My dad was a fisherman, but he quit because his net income wasn’t enough.

OK thats enough, well am trying to stop but I'm hooked...

Games Dean

Hate to be so vague but it seems like its going to be some of both

And while I do not know for a fact the big ones Jez was speaking about I would imagine its the same ones thats been circulating awhile now

Plus the reboot thats a Sony exclusive
No worries man. To be fair, and I think others would agree, you give people as much as possible without outright spoiling things.

And Konami has all but spoiled the Silent Hill reboot themselves lol.

I only heard what Imran Khan said on Kinda Funny last week. I haven't even seen what Jez had said. If someone can link it to the thread that'd be appreciated.

Edit: Nevermind I see the podcast link now.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
Now you have these options:

- Optimistic about PS5's August: On board.
- Pessimistic: You'll sit on the Silent Hill board.
- Xbox fangirl: Hang with your sister up there on the sad Craig moon.

6wmYsYH.gif

Definitely optimistic. The last PS5 show sealed my buy. I do really like Xbox consoles though, so I feel like a part of me belongs on the Sad Craig moon. Not sure what to do with this. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Bo_Hazem

Banned

All sounds a bit fishy.

If Mrs fish plays out of tune do you... tuna? Did you meet on POF? Are you o-fish-al, I guess any fin is possible.... for gods hake..

Yeah man, thought it was only a typo! (Plaice) :messenger_winking_tongue:

JonnyMP3

I give the people what they want, while I do like Kate Beckinsale if it was up to me mid/late 90's Mariah would be on board too😁
Can't beat a British beauty some times. As well as Kate, I'm a bit partial to Emily Blunt, then there's Rachel Weisz not forgetting good old Kate Winslet. Hayley Atwell as Peggy Carter does things to me as well. I better stop listing English roses.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I am pretty sure Jez is getting this straight from MS execs. These guys all knew about the github stuff and im sure that came from MS guys who use them for control leaks.

I think Phil would definitely know if a major third party game is going exclusive and is leaking this shit to Jez to try and poison the well so to speak.

yes, it sounds like a conspiracy theory, but after github I dont trust these fools.

Yeah, Starfield is one of the biggest releases from B-Tier third-party publishers in 2021. It definitely has chances of being one of Sony's timed exclusives.

I wasn't really banking on any exclusivity, just the chance we'd see it, like how we got a Destiny 2 trailer at XBOX's show (weird how often Bungie jumps ship on who gets the marketing deal)

JonnyMP3

All sounds a bit fishy.

My God man!

Have you no Sole!
:messenger_beaming:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
No worries man. To be fair, and I think others would agree, you give people as much as possible without outright spoiling things.

And Konami has all but spoiled the Silent Hill reboot themselves lol.

I only heard what Imran Khan said on Kinda Funny last week. I haven't even seen what Jez had said. If someone can link it to the thread that'd be appreciated.

Think I have it timestamped to what Jez says

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Definitely optimistic. The last PS5 show sealed my buy. I do really like Xbox consoles though, so I feel like a part of me belongs on the Sad Craig moon. Not sure what to do with this. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

If you zoom in to the moon there is a sad member there, not sure who is she/he, but I think an xbox fanboy/girl.

Now choose your spot wisely.:lollipop_beaming_smiling:

I am pretty sure Jez is getting this straight from MS execs. These guys all knew about the github stuff and im sure that came from MS guys who use them for control leaks.

I think Phil would definitely know if a major third party game is going exclusive and is leaking this shit to Jez to try and poison the well so to speak.

yes, it sounds like a conspiracy theory, but after github I dont trust these fools.

How would Microsoft benefit from something like that?

I think Covid-19 and it's worldwide impact economically(especially in the US) has caused major cold feet in regards to date, pricing, and possibly production.

With unemployment increasing, benefits ending and that moratorium on evictions ending, it's a tough time to be talking PlayStation or Xbox. Gotta make sure that price is right, even though it'll sell out recession or not.

I am super excited for the next console generation. My passion for gaming and Sony's stellar first party helps us get through. It's been a hard year.

I got confirmation today that my father's old medical office has all but sold(finally), the proceeds of which he specified in his will to help us buy a house or pay on the mortgage(we're always renting and tired of it), so I'll take that as a small win, finally.

Perrott

I wasn't really banking on any exclusivity, just the chance we'd see it, like how we got a Destiny 2 trailer at XBOX's show (weird how often Bungie jumps ship on who gets the marketing deal)
The only way we could get a peek as Starfield this year if it is a PS5 timed exclusive because if that's not the case Bethesda will wait until they are five or six months away from release to show something, as they did with Fallout 4 and 76.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I think Covid-19 and it's worldwide impact economically(especially in the US) has caused major cold feet in regards to date, pricing, and possibly production.

With unemployment increasing, benefits ending and that moratorium on evictions ending, it's a tough time to be talking PlayStation or Xbox. Gotta make sure that price is right, even though it'll sell out recession or not.

I am super excited for the next console generation. My passion for gaming and Sony's stellar first party helps us get through. It's been a hard year.

I got confirmation today that my father's old medical office has all but sold(finally), the proceeds of which he specified in his will to help us buy a house or pay on the mortgage(we're always renting and tired of it), so I'll take that as a small win, finally.
Actually i think they will benefit from corona. The economy has shrunk but people with white collar jobs now have more money than ever because they aren't going out and spending it all. It's partly why the stock market is so high, people are investing more than they ever did.

We have already seen this. Games are selling more than ever. Consoles too. I swear finding a switch took me back to the ps2 days. And i had to settle for the handheld version.

I think the government will extend unemployment benefits and other things because no one wants to go into the recession before the election. Where do you think those extra $600 a week checks are going to go if not into the ps5 lol

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I not in that hurry to get a PS5, but will be glad to get the DualSense first. They just need to add more colors because the base is mix bag.

If the customization, interchangeable plates of PS5 are true, then expect the same for the controller as well. I would rather take my plates to a garage and give it a black metallic car paint job. :messenger_smiling_hearts:

State of Play early Aug going into games. Some sort of video digging deep into UI and other functions of the system not yet announced late Aug then tear down video early Sept.

Might swap those last event but timing would remain the same.

Are you excited for the State of Play, do you think is gonna be a good show ?

I also want to thank you for all the information you gave us 👍

Voidout

State of Play early Aug going into games. Some sort of video digging deep into UI and other functions of the system not yet announced late Aug then tear down video early Sept.

Might swap those last event but timing would remain the same.
Compared to the last show do you think it will be good?

Also do you think Sony has more full exclusive announcements lined up? If so first party or third party?

Neo Blaster

I'll be glad if they start to sell DualSense before the PS5 release... well, if DualSense get PS4/PC compatibily.
Why would they? Unless they release a game for PS4 using its resources before PS5, it wouldn't be different from any DS4 already out there.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Are you excited for the State of Play, do you think is gonna be a good show ?

I also want to thank you for all the information you gave us 👍
Compared to the last show do you think it will be good?

Also do you think Sony has more full exclusive announcements lined up? If so first party or third party?

I am huge Sony fan so yes I think its going to be a great show.

And yes there are at least one big first party game thats going to be teased though the one I thinking is a ways off yet.

Fake

Why would they? Unless they release a game for PS4 using its resources before PS5, it wouldn't be different from any DS4 already out there.

In my view, DualSense will act like a Xbox Elite Controler. Sony will not stop selling DualShock 4 because of DualSense, so they can target PC gamers as well just like DualShock 4. Unless people are not tired of the awfull DS4 battery life. I would get DualSense day one just for getting better battery life and that annoying DualShock 4 light.
Will be probably more expensive than DualShock 4 and if Sony wish, they can make Black Friday deals about PS5 without the Dualsense for reduce the price. Imagine you get Dualsense before PS5 and in early start to saving for the next Black Friday or even Sony Deals?

Top Bottom