• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 [OT] Taking Over The World One SSD At A Time

Could be. I have no idea, clearly :)

Saw the logos on the back. Unfortunately due to how blurry the video is I can't tell what they are.

Maybe there's a logo that hints at some unannounced feature like wireless charging?

Looking at that, now I'm worried that the rubber on the thumbsticks are the same as the PS4 ones...

The texture doesn't look quite the same in the other pics that I've seen.

Last edited:

AeneaGames

What bothers me the most is not knowing when information is coming. However I do prefer Sonys PS5 event format over their typical E3 one.

Yup, this!

I am ok with no E3 and them all doing their own thing. All I got out of it was a streaming press conference, no need for a big show around it!

But what I do miss is set dates and times for when stuff is going to be showed. We still are waiting to see more from both parties and we have no idea of when, yes, something in August, and in coming 6 weeks 3+ events total from Sony but when?

My first initial reaction was that I do miss E3, but I don't miss E3, I miss that every year there was 1 week where we got the info. Then a few months later other cons were there with more stuff, etc. Now we have no clue when, what, where and I do dislike that a lot!

I wish Sony would set certain dates for things, like every year, first Monday in June, etc. haha

JonnyMP3

Saw the logos on the back. Unfortunately due to how blurry the video is I can't tell what they are.

Maybe there's a logo that hints at some unannounced feature like wireless charging?

The texture doesn't look quite the same in the other pics that I've seen.
Hard to tell in a such a crappy and compressed twitter video. Just hoping that it's a demo model and the retail versions have a better and more durable rubber. The DS4 did not like sweat!

All this talk of E3, I miss what it USED to be not what it has become. I miss lengthy live gameplay demos at the press conferences then the follow up interviews with different gaming sites where the game is played live as they talk. Now all we get is quick cut trailers that feature mostly cinematics, in engine or CGI announce trailers and nothing more than two and a half minutes long. MS has been the most guilty of this by far, they've decided quantity is more important than quality, they want to combat the narrative that they don't have enough games by showcasing every 3rd party game they can when in reality the complaints are about their first party output. Anyway I'd much rather have these digital shows if this is how E3 has to be, Sony has done a little better as far as having longer clips but I don't want to sit here and wait for them to change from one studio to another for a quick video like they did last time, that was terrible for anyone not in the room.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
WAIT!!!

*puts on tin foil hat*
The Hashtag they're using is #SIREN.
The newly made Silent Hill Twitter made a post about the sound of 'Sirens'
The worst kept industry rumour gathers pace!

*removes hat and rewears cap*
Keywords* A Different World
They show a trailer that looks like Siren then the Siren's start and
giphy.gif

It's actually Silent Hill

Last edited:

Vae_Victis

Banned
The 2019 one also says pretty much the same stuff.

August 3, 2019 0:00 This is Reiwa's first entry into the world.
#SIREN #SIREN2019 #SIREN Exhibition #SIREN Exhibition 2019 #Entering Another World #Entering Another World 2019 #Reiwa First Entering Another World #SDK

I have no idea why they post this stuff, but it doesn't seem like it means anything in particular.

sircaw

Banned
For any of the ladies that are annoyed at all the Amanda Cerny and Kate Beckinsale images that have been flooding the forums of late, remember

You still got me to look at, Full action eye Candy with a killer smile. :messenger_heart:

Last edited:

sehito

Neo Member
Un tipo en reddit publicó ayer sobre el controlador y lo eliminó después de 10 minutos por temor a ser descubierto ...

Los botones: el D-pad y los botones principales son diferentes del dualshock 4, sin diferencias en general. Sin embargo, el panel táctil se siente más receptivo y receptivo al probarlo.

R1 R2 y L1 L2: son interesantes, L1 y R1 no hacen clic, presionando hacia abajo como disparadores, L2 y R2 son más difíciles de lo normal cuando se presionan, incluso sin los puntos de voltaje activados.

Duración de la batería: notó que, en promedio, dura aproximadamente 3-4 horas más que el Dualshock 4.

La comodidad: notó que es mucho más cómodo que el dualshock 4 y menos voluminoso de lo que parece, incluso notó que en su opinión, era más cómodo que el Xbox One Mado.

Otras cosas: la luz del controlador es mucho más tenue que la barra de luces dualshock 4. También señalaron que PSVR no era compatible con este controlador porque no tiene una barra de luces.

Retroalimentación háptica y micrófono: me dijeron que no teníamos la oportunidad de jugar con esas características, sin embargo, me dijeron que lo intentaría más tarde y qué me avisarían (el tipo que publicó esto).

También publicamos 2 videos en caso de que la gente no le creyera, razón por la cual terminó borrando la publicación, por temor a ser atrapado:

Vídeo 1
Vídeo 2
(Espero que el traductor funcione bien ...y espero no incumplir ninguna norma)

Entroyp

Un tipo en reddit publicó ayer sobre el controlador y lo eliminó después de 10 minutos por temor a ser descubierto ...

Los botones: el D-pad y los botones principales son diferentes del dualshock 4, sin diferencias en general. Sin embargo, el panel táctil se siente más receptivo y receptivo al probarlo.

R1 R2 y L1 L2: son interesantes, L1 y R1 no hacen clic, presionando hacia abajo como disparadores, L2 y R2 son más difíciles de lo normal cuando se presionan, incluso sin los puntos de voltaje activados.

Duración de la batería: notó que, en promedio, dura aproximadamente 3-4 horas más que el Dualshock 4.

La comodidad: notó que es mucho más cómodo que el dualshock 4 y menos voluminoso de lo que parece, incluso notó que en su opinión, era más cómodo que el Xbox One Mado.

Otras cosas: la luz del controlador es mucho más tenue que la barra de luces dualshock 4. También señalaron que PSVR no era compatible con este controlador porque no tiene una barra de luces.

Retroalimentación háptica y micrófono: me dijeron que no teníamos la oportunidad de jugar con esas características, sin embargo, me dijeron que lo intentaría más tarde y qué me avisarían (el tipo que publicó esto).

También publicamos 2 videos en caso de que la gente no le creyera, razón por la cual terminó borrando la publicación, por temor a ser atrapado:

Vídeo 1
Vídeo 2

well I can say I understand every word.

Nickolaidas

Vídeo 1
Vídeo 2
Took the words right out of my mouth.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
A guy on reddit posted about the controller yesterday and removed it after 10 minutes for fear of being discovered ...

The buttons: the D-pad and the main buttons are different from the dualshock 4, with no differences in general. However, the touchpad feels more responsive and responsive when trying it out.

R1 R2 and L1 L2: They are interesting, L1 and R1 do not click, pressing down as triggers, L2 and R2 are more difficult than normal when pressed, even without the voltage points activated.

Battery Life: You noticed that on average it lasts about 3-4 hours longer than the Dualshock 4.

Comfort: You noticed that it's much more comfortable than the dualshock 4 and less bulky than it sounds, you even noticed that in your opinion, it was more comfortable than the Xbox One Mado.

Other things: The controller light is much dimmer than the dualshock 4 lightbar. They also noted that PSVR was not compatible with this controller because it does not have a lightbar.

Haptic feedback and microphone: They told me we didn't have a chance to play around with those features, however they told me I'd try again later and what they would let me know (the guy who posted this).

We also posted 2 videos in case people didn't believe him, which is why he ended up deleting the post, for fear of being caught:

Video 1
Video 2
(I hope the translator works well ... and I hope I don't break any rules)
Ahi tienes

Last edited:

Vídeo 1
Vídeo 2
Hit translate, then post the translated part. You know... the other non Spanish language, before hitting "post reply" :D

AeneaGames

Vídeo 1
Vídeo 2

Ja, helemaal mee eens! Ehhm, wat zei je?

sircaw

Banned
A guy on reddit posted about the controller yesterday and removed it after 10 minutes for fear of being discovered ...

The buttons: the D-pad and the main buttons are different from the dualshock 4, with no differences in general. However, the touchpad feels more responsive and responsive when trying it out.

R1 R2 and L1 L2: They are interesting, L1 and R1 do not click, pressing down as triggers, L2 and R2 are more difficult than normal when pressed, even without the voltage points activated.

Battery Life: You noticed that on average it lasts about 3-4 hours longer than the Dualshock 4.

Comfort: You noticed that it's much more comfortable than the dualshock 4 and less bulky than it sounds, you even noticed that in your opinion, it was more comfortable than the Xbox One Mado.

Other things: The controller light is much dimmer than the dualshock 4 lightbar. They also noted that PSVR was not compatible with this controller because it does not have a lightbar.

Haptic feedback and microphone: They told me we didn't have a chance to play with those features, however they told me that I would try again later and what they would let me know (the guy who posted this)

We also posted 2 videos in case people didn't believe him, which is why he ended up deleting the post, for fear of being caught:

Video 1
Video 2
(I hope the translator works well ... and I hope I don't break any rules)

For the translation

Neo Blaster

Vídeo 1
Vídeo 2
Hasn't this already been posted here?

Last edited:
I asked for clarification birdie thinks we get the announcement within 48 hours the SOP within the week of that, still waiting on one thing to be finished.

His guess right now SOP on the 6th with announcement probably Tues.

Obviously still guesses at this point ;)

Any idea over the length of the state of play, 10 or 20 minutes like the last ones or more like the PS5 Futur Event which lasted an hour ?

Yh I think State of play is on Thursday. They are going to want to drown out the Horizon to PC release. They want to make that stealth as possible. PS fans ain't forgot. They don't want the fans tweeting & making that the heavy focus. I think they will drop State of play on Thursday.Then flood PS5 news throughout the weekend.

Last edited:
Top Bottom