• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 [OT] Taking Over The World One SSD At A Time

Ellery

Just compare it to PC gaming, I've spent around $3400 on a gaming PC (never gamed on it, and 100% satisfied with it for productivity) and PS5 will shit on it, so why think consoles should be priced like a box of Doritos?

You can't have a super expensive console and great exclusive games. Pick one.

We don't like to hear it, but we as enthusiast gamers desperately need the $400-500 consoles that are being bought by Normies who drive the amount being spent on digital services by buying microtransactions in Fifa, Call of Duty and GTA.

geordiemp

Just compare it to PC gaming, I've spent around $3400 on a gaming PC (never gamed on it, and 100% satisfied with it for productivity) and PS5 will shit on it, so why think consoles should be priced like a box of Doritos?

I have got no problem with 2 ps5s at 600 pounds each, but I know not everyone is in same boat.

Also been loking to use that GIF for a while, and saw an opportunity !

Bo_Hazem

Banned
You can't have a super expensive console and great exclusive games. Pick one.

We don't like to hear it, but we as enthusiast gamers desperately need the $400-500 consoles that are being bought by Normies who drive the amount being spent on digital services by buying microtransactions in Fifa, Call of Duty and GTA.

Of course, you need the console to sell well, so you get better support and quality games as a result. I'm just saying that I'm ready for any price they throw at me, many here are as well, I believe.

Last edited:
Both systems will sell out no matter what the price is, I think. Back in 2013, the Xbox One *did* sell out, but not as fast as PlayStation 4.

Looking like Covid-19 and various economic uncertainties have affected things on both sides. It could be the shortest pre-order to launch window we've seen.

Grubb has been on the money a lot, so his current list picks Microsoft *sometime* in September. *If* Sony holds and still waits for them, it could be close to mid-September before anything from them

Assuming the launch of XSX is November 6th(and I personally think Sony will launch a week prior), could be less than two months between windows.

Looks like I'll be getting up at the asscrack of dawn to secure a preorder. Gonna be a madhouse to try.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
holy shit

Thanks to current internet market, this shit doesn't stick as much anymore. Last one was early leaked, gray market US PS4's being sold at 450 OMR ($1170 USD) in November. I avoided the temptation and waited just for another month and got it at the official price of 181 OMR ($470 USD) in the 2nd of December.

Last edited:
Thanks to current internet market, this shit doesn't stick as much anymore. Last one was early leaked, gray market US PS4's being sold at 450 OMR ($1170 USD) in November. I avoided the temptation and waited just for another month and got it at the official price of 181 OMR ($470 USD) in the 2nd of December.

My buddy in india said he got the PS4 for $650 back in end of 2013.

Yeah, you can't beat the price of the US market, dirt cheap if you ask me. If Sony could manage their products more wisely worldwide they could easily boost their sales vastly.

In india everything is priced high due to insane import duty. Apple Iphone SE is priced at $600 right now. Sony products suffer from insane import duties and penalties in India. FYI Iphone SE is manufactured in india yet it's priced insanely higher than the US pricing.

FeiRR

Banned
In india everything is priced high due to insane import duty. Apple Iphone SE is priced at $600 right now. Sony products suffer from insane import duties and penalties in India. FYI Iphone SE is manufactured in india yet it's priced insanely higher than the US pricing.
You need to bear in mind that outside of the US prices are usually given with tax. If PS5 is $500, I'll probably pay around $600 but that includes tax.

sircaw

Banned
The message says "derailing the thread". But probably it's those green boogers mass reporting every single post I make. I should be there in 2 days.

Don't forget me, I wanted the channel all to myself.

Mia Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem @X-Fighter i am slowly weeding them out.

Just a few more pansies to go, like FeiRR FeiRR MasterCornholio MasterCornholio Gamernyc78 Gamernyc78 JonnyMP3 JonnyMP3 DaGwaphics DaGwaphics Mod of War Mod of War

Once they are all Gone, I shall finally be the master,

I also forgot that windbag geordiemp geordiemp , he has been spreading that technical fud stuff all day.

AeneaGames AeneaGames is not a worry, she will choke to death soon enough on a whale bone.

You Guys can't handle the TRUTH

PEACE

Fish Rulez

I am just celebrating getting to my 10k score.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Why do you think its expensive, usually everything ps5 does that is good is claimed as expensive like the SSD. Liquid metal paste is not expensive, you can buy it now for PCs, and Sony will be buying 100 million of them direct.

Liquid metal paste is not expensive its just difficult to apply and keep it from affecting other components. Hence the manufacturing patent where Sony have come up with a clever way of sealing in the liquid metal for mass production.

The better and more uniform heat transfer will help remove hot spots and allow faster consistent clock speeds...
Was just saying it seemed to have spurred the latest rumors; probably just FUD.

Don't forget me, I wanted the channel all to myself.

Mia Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem @X-Fighter i am slowly weeding them out.

Just a few more pansies to go, like FeiRR FeiRR MasterCornholio MasterCornholio Gamernyc78 Gamernyc78 JonnyMP3 JonnyMP3 DaGwaphics DaGwaphics Mod of War Mod of War

Once they are all Gone, I shall finally be the master,

I also forgot that windbag geordiemp geordiemp , he has been spreading that technical fud stuff all day.

AeneaGames AeneaGames is not a worry, she will choke to death soon enough on a whale bone.

You Guys can't handle the TRUTH

PEACE

Fish Rulez

I am just celebrating getting to my 10k score.
You're just a man pretending to be a fish.

IntentionalPun

So is this just FUD made to counter those recent price rumors?

These things are getting way to predictable.
"Expensive cooling system" thing has been a rumor for months; silly thing is that even in those BOM estimates it's a small difference, because an "expensive cooling system" is lie $5 instead of $2 lol

But the patent dropped.. not sure what price rumors you are referring to.

Last edited:

J_Gamer.exe

IntentionalPun

Don't forget its meant to include full ray tracing in that also...

That game is so fucking ugly I don't know why anyone is looking to it for a performance benchmark lol

4biifu.jpg

I MADE A MEME!

Last edited:
"Expensive cooling system" thing has been a rumor for months; silly thing is that even in those BOM estimates it's a small difference, because an "expensive cooling system" is lie $5 instead of $2 lol

But the patent dropped.. not sure what price rumors you are referring to.

I meant the Xbox Series X price rumor that was talked about during a podcast. Don't remember her name but she said she got a DM if a foto with the price tag.

No idea if it's true or not. She could just be making that part up.

IntentionalPun

I "beg" you to push forward, you won't regret it. The more you're further, the better, I've finished everything in the game, and it's one of my best games of all times.
The enemy encounters are incredibly fun. I started from scratch on Hard and don't regret it one bit.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
In other news: starting to dig into Days Gone more. This game is pretty great overall; starts off cheesy but even the story aspects get better. Some intense scenes.
It gets really good when you get to the third camp. The characters there are more interesting, the gameplay becomes more fun as you finally unlock guns that help you take on hordes which are the highlights of the game. Deacon starts to grow and has some really great moments from here on in.

Defrop

Banned
More fud from FUDmaster Jez

PS5 Spin-Off Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales Is a 'Complete Story'
Insomniac Games revealed a new screenshot of PlayStation 5 exclusive Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales earlier today, and it accompanied the image with an interview that was published by Entertainment Weekly. In the back-and-forth between the publication and creative director Brian Horton, the developer explains that the spin-off will feature a “full-arc” for the titular hero, as his story from the original Marvel’s Spider-Man continues.

“We really are completing this hero's coming of age in our game,” he said. “It is a complete story. When we started crafting it, we realised that, with a little bit more of a compact storytelling style, we could tell a very emotionally impactful story that would fit really well as an experience that would take Spider-Man and [Miles Morales] and do justice to this character.”

Entroyp

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I haven’t seen them around here, but I haven’t looked in the big asian market in the city. They might have some 🤔 good call!

Yup, we can plant those, we tried star fruit and jackfruit and were pretty successful. But those rambutan are pretty common to find here, but maybe it's hard to find them in the US? Not sure, you might even find some being cultivated in tropical America like Brazil and other countries just like most tropical fruits/plants.

Top Bottom