• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 [OT] Taking Over The World One SSD At A Time

xacto

Ratchet and Clank needs a 60fps patch badly, after going and cleaning up remaining trophies in Days Gone, inFAmous SS, inFamous FL, games that offer high resolution at 60fps locked on PS5, it’s just jarring going back to 30fps in Ratchet. I’m pretty close to the plat though so I’ll live with it

then finally can start Ghost of Tsushima

I don't know if you played Ghost of Tsushima already on previous generation, but you will be hooked on that 60 FPS for it on PS5.

JonkyDonk

London:

EnHz46_XUAAwF0u

EnHiu1tVgAAY0rR

EnHz460W8AYiGkD

EnHhiu6VcAg-ctA
These looks awesome. I'm actually going out on the tube tomorrow, not to any of these stations though so I doubt I'll see any, but they are beautifully done.

Ovech-King

Gold Member
Xbox Series X maxes out at 1080p@60fps SDR for 30 seconds vs PS5 4K@60fps HDR up to 15 minutes automatically or more via built in Share Factory Studio app in WebM or MP4. I've checked many on youtube and they are extremely clean for an internal recording.

I was referring to 4k 30 fps on Xbox . But I rechecked old captures I did and it's less impressive than I remembered it I'll give it you that . It still staggering to see the quality difference between the 4k video and actual gameplay . The compression is pretty hard

Neo Blaster

Is there any news on when ps5 is going to get 120 hz, auto low latency mode, variable refresh rate, and full chroma 444 support? this should have all been available out of the box.
There are already games running on 120fps, other stuff will probably come only after Sony can certify their own tvs for HDMI 2.1.

Ill never understand how anybody could prefer "fidelity mode" over "performance mode." Sure, 30 fps and higher quality visuals look good when the screen isn't moving. However every videogame i've ever played the screen moves and 30 fps has such poor motion resolution in comparison to 60 fps and above. This isn't even factoring in input latency which is much worse at lower framerates.

Ironically, I was saying “Fidelity mode all the way” leading up to launch. For Miles, Demon’s Souls, etc I was sure I would want all the shiny bells and whistles, but I’ve been very impressed with the performance modes in PS5 games so far. Very impressed.

I don't know if you played Ghost of Tsushima already on previous generation, but you will be hooked on that 60 FPS for it on PS5.

Yeah I’ve owned the game since it was first released but at the time I was caught up in personal life stuff and ended up not playing it once. I just now, today, finally started and man it’s stunning. I’m sure it’s awesome on PS4 too but the fluidity and image quality running on PS5 is pretty stunning. I’m only a couple hours in but holy shit

decisions

Welp, Black Ops just hard froze my PS5 and it instantly turned off. System won't turn back on. PS5 possibly bricked on week one.

Obviously I'm just one person, but be careful playing that game on the new firmware.

Last edited:

Zadom

I have never really liked platform games. From Mario to Rayman, don’t care for them. But I have thoroughly enjoyed Astros Playroom. From gameplay, music, and use of controller. I want more of these games. I will pay full price for it.

vrSdNve.jpg

Grinchy

Banned
Welp, Black Ops just hard froze my PS5 and it instantly turned off. System won't turn back on. PS5 possibly bricked on week one.

Obviously I'm just one person, but be careful playing that game on the new firmware.
Nah, don't worry, this is just a "normal" thing that happens while playing COD apparently. My brother and I have both had it happen once each.

I had to unplug the power cable, wait a minute or two, plug it back in and press the power button a few times before it would come back. If you get the black screen, just let it sit for a minute or two as well.

Last edited:

Vtecomega

Banned
Have you tried keeping everything in PS5 video settings as Automatic and changed your TV's Black level to limited/low? Or put your PS5's in limited and TV low?

Hi mate. I have solved the issue with selecting transfer rate ay -1 in the PS5 video settings and doing a hard reset. Seems liked it might be a hdr bug.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Mine on its way, will be here on Saturday or Sunday (coming from the capital Muscat, 1200km away, and Friday the shipping company is closed). Preordered it through a friend instead of here because of FOMO, one PS5 and Pulse 3d. Preordered from here an extra DualSense and charging station.

IMG-20201119-WA0057.jpg

IMG-20201119-WA0056.jpg

Last edited:

Vtecomega

Banned
Mine on its way, will be here in Saturday or Sunday (coming from the captial Muscat, 1200km away, and Friday the shipping company is closed). Preordered it through a friend instead of here because of FOMO, one PS5 and Pulse 3d. Preordered from here an extra DualSense and charging station.

IMG-20201119-WA0057.jpg

IMG-20201119-WA0056.jpg

Congrats bro! You are going to love it.

Grinchy

Banned
This has just been such a pleasant launch of a console, and I feel like I've barely scratched the surface. I've only really played Astro, Demon's Souls, and COD. There's a ton of stuff still to try with this thing.

Sony put all those PS4 games up and lots of them are locked 60fps now, but I haven't even bothered downloading any yet. And here I am still wanting Godfall and Sackboy...

xacto

Finally picked mine up this morning, just been downloading a few games

So far not having any issues, but not using Rest mode until I know that's been patched

Anything like coil whine, or some errors?

Speaking of which, I think also my PS4 has it too, now that I listen to it, but heck, I've always had this, now that I think about it. It does this while in games only, actually, probably when it draws more power? Honestly, I always use some kind of headphones, over ear or in ear, so it's not at all noticeable for me. If it stays at the dashboard, the coil whine isn't there anymore for my PS4.

So... I don't know if really the PS5 coil whine is so bad as described, or for me it's something I got used to, but I've seen so many reports of the coil whine that I think that either I got a PS4 that does this, and other people didn't, or the coil whine on PS5 is more noticeable because of the system being way more powerful in general?

xacto

Looks like there is some sort of store error - AC Valhalla and WD Legions don't have PS5 upgrade options.

Interesting, when I bought Valhalla, like a week back, it mentioned in PS4 store that the game was PS4 and PS5 version. It must be an internal store error, definitely.

xacto

Last edited:

Burger

Forgot to mention, I bought the digital version. See if this helps you:

This is how it looks in PSN store for me:

ihqAjaQ.png

Yeah I can choose the version I want to play for COD (Digital), but Valhalla just comes up as a PS4 game, no options for other versions (Disc).

xacto

Yeah I can choose the version I want to play for COD (Digital), but Valhalla just comes up as a PS4 game, no options for other versions (Disc).

Could be a store error?

Try and see if that link helps you, they're also talking about the fact that upgrading to PS5 may not be readily visible, it's somewhere hidden in menus.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
How you stop your saves auto uploading to cloud? Says something about rest mode but I don’t have rest mode enabled but it’s still uploaded the save for Astro Boy.

SCB3

Anything like coil whine, or some errors?

Speaking of which, I think also my PS4 has it too, now that I listen to it, but heck, I've always had this, now that I think about it. It does this while in games only, actually, probably when it draws more power? Honestly, I always use some kind of headphones, over ear or in ear, so it's not at all noticeable for me. If it stays at the dashboard, the coil whine isn't there anymore for my PS4.

So... I don't know if really the PS5 coil whine is so bad as described, or for me it's something I got used to, but I've seen so many reports of the coil whine that I think that either I got a PS4 that does this, and other people didn't, or the coil whine on PS5 is more noticeable because of the system being way more powerful in general?

Nope, 0 issues so far, the only thing I've done wrong so far is seemingly download both PS4 and 5 versions of Miles Morales, that really should be impossible, why would I download the PS4 version?

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Didn't Mortal Kombat II have an upgrade?
Also I plugged my PS4 HDD in, some games installed and others had an error, says I need to plug the disc in

Last edited:

Leopold

Anyone having issues finding the upgrades for games? Can't find for CoD - the menu gives me only the option to pay for the Cross-Gen bundle and Ultimate Edition. Also for Watch Dogs Legion, can't find it for the life of me.

martino

is network transfer a good idea ? it seems slow as fuck (tell me it will last 7h for 190go (thanks most of my games where already on external))

KAL2006

Banned
The DualSense gas surpassed my expectations by a mile. I got a PS5 for exclusives and SSD, next gen graphics etc. The controller I just thought it's not a big deal, turned out to be the most exciting thing about this cosole.

saintjules

i will not tempt it but, if intake is from front, it should be ok in fact , no ?

My assumption is that since the hot air blows out from the back and it's already against the wall of the entertainment center, it will just circulate around there until it dissipates fully. In the process of doing so, it's warming up the area in the back (potentially speaking).

I don't know, I personally wouldn't take that chance. Maybe if the center could open up in the back, then I'd assume it's ok.

Last edited:

dyergram

Is the stand mandatory for vertical mode it’s not possible for my ps5 to fall over but will it damage discs or anything if I use it without?

Top Bottom