• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 Reveal on June 4th Postponed

mcjmetroid

I mean they've been protesting peacefully for decades now and they are still getting lynched in the streets with no end in sight. I'm curious what all these sceptics propose they do.

There doesn't seem to be any real solution to this issue. We're just gonna have to wait to see where this goes.

Best to take this to the politics GF thread anyway. I know people don't want any more politics on the gaming discussion.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
and here comes the usual arm-twisting maneuver.
3PZD45R.png
what is wrong with these people. These are companies. They don't/should not care

sendit

This systemic racism line is complete garbage. If it was truly systemic, there would be no black millionaires or billionaires. They would be kept in "their place" and not be allowed to climb the social ladder. But their are 10s of thousands of them in the US. Millions that are middle class or above.

Bh94UAY.png

sevoro

When I was a kid I learned to treat people equally no matter their race but now the goal post has been moved and we are supposed to treat people differently based on race, else we are called racists. I suggest you ask the rioters and looters what they want because I don't think they want everyone treated equally based on race. I mean, have you seen the amount of white hate that has been going around social media for the last few years? They apparently think that you can't be racist against white people.
Now I'm not for the rioters, God knows they are just abusing this situation and some of them are also white, so they really aren't for equality or BLM. But, despite being able to racist to white people, white people will always have more privilege than your average, asian, black, hispanic, etc. At least in America, what these people argue for is for that to disappear, to the point where everyone is equal.

When people push for equality they want this disparity to disappear and everyone to be equal. Honestly I prefer the society that only employs the best regardless of race or background. Anyways this is off topic, we should be talking about how much people like to cry over games being delayed.

engstra

This thread has gone way the fuck out of hand already, so I might as well ask something out of curiosity.

All you people talking shit about Woke and SJW. What do you want? I mean, what kind of world do you wanna live and raise your children in? I’m just wondering, because hating on people who demands a more just society, and hating progress in general, well, there’s something fundamentally fucked up about that if you ask me. So really, what do you want?
Couldn't agree with this more. Never heard the term SJW before I came on this site. Still can't understand it being used as a negative.

is anyone else thinking delaying was a bad idea?

after all the doom and gloom over the last few months a celebration would have been a good thing

Geki-D

Banned
you should know whats wrong with that toxic place.
...Just curious, but do you really think sniping a random post from another forum asking why a company hasn't acknowledged a cause is really all that relevant when I can just got to, say, page 25 of this thread and see someone pushing the very well known to a Neo Nazi talking point great replacement theory? You know, the main motivation for the El Paso & Christchurch shootings? Not too sure how many people have been murdered in the name of wondering why a company hasn't said anything about BLM but I'm guessing not many.

I get that it gives to a massive boner to think you're better than some other group of people, but maybe when it comes to looking at what is more "toxic" you might want to see if your own yard is weed-free first. GAF members are in a really poor position to be calling anyone else out when you see the shit posted in this thread and others related to it.

Last edited:
They are idiots obviously.
Japanese people (and polish, witcher people) have not seen a black man in their lives lol btw so it would be hard to show anything else other than normal human empathy anyway
I mean there are some in Poland, but so rare that's it's like spotting a shiny pokemon ;p

sevoro

...Just curious, but do you really think sniping a random post from another forum asking why a company hasn't acknowledged a cause is really all that relevant when I can just got to, say, page 25 of this thread and see someone pushing the very well known to a Neo Nazi talking point great replacement theory? You know, the main motivation for the El Paso & Christchurch shootings? Not too sure how many people have been murdered in the name of wondering why a company hasn't said anything about BLM but I'm guessing not many.

I get that it gives to a massive boner to think you're better than some other group of people, but maybe when it comes to looking at what is more "toxic" you might want to see if your own yard is weed-free first. GAF members are in a really poor position to be calling anyone else out when you see the shit posted in this thread and others related to it.
I might get marked for saying this, but both sides just want to see outrage so they just snip whatever they can. Only reason I prefer GAF is because at least here I won't get banned and thus it's more rational even if some of the posters aren't. Also more on topic, Nintendo most likely donates in secret, they don't need to do some "pr" stunt in their eyes.

Tulipanzo

Late with this, it's kind of disappointing the event is postponed, but it's absolutely the right decision.

Also positively impressed they are matching employees donation, and not just posting empty platitudes.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Japanese people (and polish, witcher people) have not seen a black man in their lives lol btw so it would be hard to show anything else other than normal human empathy anyway

This is a fucking dumb ass comment ... Even taking into teh fact that these are more ethnically and culturally homogenous than other places. Its still dumb. Dont make posts like this.

ZywyPL

Banned
I am Pole. I've seen maybe 2 black people in my life and I work in a corporation.

No matter the birth/living place, people do travel around the world you know. Especially the mentioned Japanese people, they are sort of famous for their traveling.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
This is a fucking dumb ass comment ... Even taking into teh fact that these are more ethnically and culturally homogenous than other places. Its still dumb. Dont make posts like this.
Ok I will not.
But it's not my opinion but rather fact. We are only people. I find it hard to feel emotional about any of those its very maddening what is happening but aI don't feel anything.
I want to feel again. Make me feel!
Sorry, not joking on this anymore

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I mean they've been protesting peacefully for decades now and they are still getting lynched in the streets with no end in sight.
They even tried electing a black president, didn't do much good either. I'm curious what all these sceptics propose they do.

No one gives a shit about fixing this, not even democrats. American prosecutors are not protected civil servants but rather employees and the head prosecutor even needs to win an election. As a result of that, prosecutors desperately need the police to help them. As long as this is the situation, there will be no police accountability.

Sadly, at this point in history sweeping reforms are not possible. Both parties are locked in a partisan struggle. So nothing can change.

If you look at American history, race riots are a recurring event.

SantaC

You got it backwards. Resetera think that theyre better then everybody else and you are not allowed to have an opinion that goes against their hivemind. If you think gaf is worse why are you posting here?

Geki-D

Banned
You got it backwards. Resetera think that theyre better then everybody else and you are not allowed to have an opinion that goes against their hivemind.
I'm pretty sure ERA ban any mention of GAF, so the whole jacking yourself off because you're better than the other is seemingly very much a GAF thing.
If you think gaf is worse why are you posting here?
It's because I post on GAF that I notice all of the dumb as fuck takes. I don't post on ERA, I don't care what ERA says. You may as well be quoting some random guy from GameFAQs or the IGN boards for all I care but no matter what retarded quote you can pull from some other board, you can find an equally as dumb one here. Generally a lot worst even, "white genocide" propaganda from the last page being a good example.

Zog

Banned
Now I'm not for the rioters, God knows they are just abusing this situation and some of them are also white, so they really aren't for equality or BLM. But, despite being able to racist to white people, white people will always have more privilege than your average, asian, black, hispanic, etc. At least in America, what these people argue for is for that to disappear, to the point where everyone is equal.

When people push for equality they want this disparity to disappear and everyone to be equal. Honestly I prefer the society that only employs the best regardless of race or background. Anyways this is off topic, we should be talking about how much people like to cry over games being delayed.

So no treating everyone equally, we are still going to identify people and assess privilege level by skin color. That translates into: 'black people have less privilege so we have to treat them differently to show that we recognize that privilege'.

Nonsense, The only road to equality is to treat people equally. You even justified the white hate in your post.

Last edited:

Eliciel

I am Pole. I've seen maybe 2 black people in my life and I work in a corporation.
Of course You've seen black people. Just not common

sure, but it is still quite non-sense to apply your own and individual experience on that of Polish People in general. It's the core belief of ethnicity driven stereotypes that are reflected in most commonly known themes of fascism and racism, It's not about you, it's about the fact that these people will look for the smallest denominator and will try to make you belief that others are bad due to their race, ethnicity or color of skin.

Case in point: I am a Greek, living in Germany and I haven't had a single debt in my entire life neither do I owe money to friends, they owe money to me and one of my best friends is German and he doesn't like Pork neither does he like Sausage or Sauerkraut.
Do you understand where I am coming from?

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Why do you care?

Sony are being called woke leftist hypocrites and what not, for simply stating that protests against police brutality are more important than a gaming event. That indicates, to me anyway, that there are a bunch of, if not alt-right, at least very right wing oriented people here.

Yeah, saying neogaf is full of alt-right ass hats is an exaggeration, but Jesus fucking Christ, does everything have to be literal?!

Obviously I'm not taking it literally, because full means full. I simply resent the notion that this place is even remotely populated with what you deem the "alt-right", by which you mean white supremacists. Don't lump regular right-wing people in with them. Feel free to check this ban or this ban or this ban, all from the past 6 days, where people making actual racist statements are removed from the website. People are expressing frustration that something that has literally nothing to do with what's happening in the US right now has been delayed and that Sony are pretending it's because they care, rather than that they don't want to share headlines, which anyone should be able to figure out.

This thread has gone way the fuck out of hand already, so I might as well ask something out of curiosity.

All you people talking shit about Woke and SJW. What do you want? I mean, what kind of world do you wanna live and raise your children in? I’m just wondering, because hating on people who demands a more just society, and hating progress in general, well, there’s something fundamentally fucked up about that if you ask me. So really, what do you want?

Because much of it isn't what you see on the surface. The gap between actual progressiveness and wokeness or SJWness or whatever other word-of-the-week people want to give it has grown increasingly large over the last few years, and this is that at its peak. The people peacefully protesting are one thing, and good on them, but the wealthy white liberal college kids trashing black owned small businesses because they think they're revolutionaries are scum. If you talked to them, they'd tell you they were demanding justice. Helping society to progress. And if you argued with them? You'd probably get an earful of the same thing you've been saying yourself. You must be alt-right. You must hate progress.

In relation to the Sony event? People are just bummed that they're postponing this event due to pretending to care about what's happening in the world. If you think they're doing it out of the goodness of their hearts you're completely delusional, and people are tired of seeing this crap from giant corporations. You can support the protests and still have a completely unrelated online game event happen. They're not mutually exclusive. People are tired of virtue signalling masking purely business based decisions. If you didn't care one way or another you wouldn't be in this thread either, so don't be so quick to judge and dismiss people who don't feel like you do.

Self

I am a Greek, living in Germany and I haven't had a single debt in my entire life neither do I owe money to friends

Hah, gotcha! Since you are a greek you automatically owe money to the germans/eu, no matter what you do, right? Just joking dude.

How I love the stupid, racist argument, that a white dude cannot understand or comprehend the life of a black dude.

These clowns have never heard of the term 'theory of mind', have they?

Psykodad

Banned
Hah, gotcha! Since you are a greek you automatically owe money to the germans/eu, no matter what you do, right? Just joking dude.

How I love the stupid, racist argument, that a white dude cannot understand or comprehend the life of a black dude.

These clowns have never heard of the term 'theory of mind', have they?
"Theory of mind" is meaningless when you deny racial profiling in the same breath.

(not necessarily directed at you)

Last edited:

realwords

Reggie Fils-Aime, former longtime president of Nintendo America, is black, to answer your argument about Nintendo not needing to engage because of under exposure to blacks people.

lol...

Last edited:

Psykodad

Banned
Can you elaborate?
It's pretty straightforward.

You claim that POC (dumb term, but whatever) shouldn't act like white people can't understand the issue because of their skin color, as you refer to 'theory of mind'.
But denying racial profiling, which is at the core of the issue, is negating 'theory of mind', as you're not practicing it.
By denying racial profiling, you are claiming that people are not being judged purely by their race/skin color.
Which is in fact happening in all corners of the world.

And then the problem in the US is the severity of force shown by the police.
But racial profiling is not the same as killing by the police.

Honestly, I don't see how this needs explanation, especially since you're capable of even referring to 'theory of mind'.

Last edited:
Thought I'd just try and lighten the mood a bit:

I like how there was a bunch of damage control for this video with "news" outlets making sure we know this guy is definitely NOT an FBI agent. Yet the couple sites I looked at still gave no explanation as to who he actually is and why the police suddenly released the guy after seeing his ID. He isn't an FBI agent according to these same dumb ass cops?...great. Great reporting there. Then who the fuck IS he? NSA? CIA? A cake baker? I don't fucking know still. So tired of the propaganda bullshit from both sides.

Last edited:

Self

It's pretty straightforward.

You claim that POC (dumb term, but whatever) shouldn't act like white people can't understand the issue because of their skin color, as you refer to 'theory of mind'.
But denying racial profiling, which is at the core of the issue, is negating 'theory of mind', as you're not practicing it.
By denying racial profiling, you are claiming that people are not being judged purely by their race/skin color.
Which is in fact happening in all corners of the world.

And then the problem in the US is the severity of force shown by the police.
But racial profiling is not the same as killing by the police.

Honestly, I don't see how this needs explanation, especially since you're capable of even referring to 'theory of mind'.

Dude, let's make it simple.
English is not my native language, therfore the elaboration.

A black dude told me just yesterday that I cannot possibly understand his/their problems, therefor I should shut my mouth.

I as a white dude have surely experienced discrimination within some cultures and some circles even in my home country but also abroad.

To propose that I cannot understand the problems of POC is denying the theory of mind, which also denies the possibility of empathy in general, which is kinda... silly.

Top Bottom