• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation 5 UI overview. At last the Game Library looks good!

TonyK

Edit: Video seems taken down, sorry : (
At least I took these screencaps

Y0uNiU2.jpg

And some captures of the new Library:

sZv2thG.jpg

b9IU2j6.jpg

Thanks to bitbydeath bitbydeath :

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
That game switching switched super fast. Nothing like the times given in other threads.

Were those results on possibly older firmware?

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
While some of it is much slicker, I'm not a fan of the "in-game" pop over menu, so right now to get MUSIC you just go down to the menu and you're in it, with PS5 you need to go to the option and PRESS A BUTTON to get into it.

IGN touched on the extra button presses needed to do simple things, innovation in UI is supposed to bring LESS BUTTON PRESSES not MORE.

Hopefully the CREATE button makes a screenshot of the ACTUAL moment you want, not the one 10-15 seconds after, I'm guessing this was a sloppy PS4 UI problem.

GOD DAMN though that is a sexy seamless interface overall. Much nicer than the clunk fest that is PS4. I'm wondering if Sony TVs now have an interface like the PS5, as Sony just keeps it's interface consistent across all electronic products.

MS needs to get onboard the train to slickvile and kill those fucking flex AD space rectangles in it's GUI and make the USERS data more pronounced like Sony has done here.

Last edited:

G-Bus

Banned
Aw hell yea. I'm really liking this. Looks great.

Waiting a year after launch is going to be brutal. Starting to regret not trying to get a pre order now.

Jadsey

With PS4 IIRC when you play something on PSNow, it appears in your library.

If we can still hide shit like this, demos, beta etc then this new library is a big step up.

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

What? I'm sorry, didn't quick resume already exist in the PS4?

Isn't that already what you call it when you go onto Power Mode mid-game, and then turn back the console on and resume playing?

What the hell is that called if not "quick resume"?

Im talking more like Series S and X quick resume.
As in

1. Console is turned off and you can go straight back to where you was

2. For multiple games ( I want to jump into certain games time to time like DriveClub, Cod, Everybody‘s golf, Stardew valley Rocket league etc and no wait for loading.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Video taken down?

Krisprolls

Banned
PS3 category is intriguing. Don't tell me they managed to include PS3 BC. That would be a huge surprise...

John from DF hints at another big surprise, but that one would be over the top.

PS3 BC looks technically very difficult to do, but who knows...

Fun fact : we had another hint at PS3 BC when Gavin Moore said in an interview they started the remake by running original Demon's Souls on PS5. It doesn't mean he used an emulator (there are other ways to do that), but that's intriguing too.

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Seems very nice. And with those game load times I'm not too bothered about there being no multi quick resume (but I wouldn't mind having it of course).

Im talking more like Series S and X quick resume.
As in

1. Console is turned off and you can go straight back to where you was

2. For multiple games ( I want to jump into certain games time to time like DriveClub, Cod, Everybody‘s golf, Stardew valley Rocket league etc and no wait for loading.

Like, cold boot and resume where you left off?

Wasn't aware that was something the XSEX had, my apologies then.

That would indeed pretty great if they did have it as well on the PS5.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
PS3 surely has to be digital downloads only right? Can't imagine they would let people but a digital only version of the console only to then announce that their old PS3 discs would have been usable had they bought the disc version.

Hostile_18

Banned
I love game folders. Having the entire body of work from Naughty Dog or the chronological collection of Resident Evil games etc. Not sure how relevant it will be until we can upgrade the storage however.

Even my PS4 games I want the enhanced loading so a external mechanical just won't cut it.

T-Cake

I'm gutted that those full-screen backgrounds for each game aren't animated - as the PS3 had its mini videos per game back in the day.

Last edited:
For a second the PS3 checkbox got me like "whuat?" but then it clicked "yeah, ps now integration of some sorts" since this is still under nda/embargo.

But since i only play two games that never will get on ps now (NCAA Football 13 and 14) i think i can keep my ps3, and since i put it in my bedroom couple weeks ago along with my old plasma when we bought the new tv for the incoming ps5 i play even more ps3 then before and those two are my most played over the course of the years anyway (at least since i got 13 first couple years ago and 14 last year).

N30RYU

Why have the video taken down?? does it show the store... 'cause the library there are lots of reviews showing it

Last edited:

N30RYU

You can sort by platform: PS5, PS4, PS3
or by Source: PS Store, PS+, PS Now, Others

Last edited:

Jadsey

Probably PS Store, PS Plus and PS Now.

The PS3 filter is probably to do with PS Now games that you've started streaming.

Ah yeah, of course. Makes sense.

Like I say, I hope we can hide items, as I really want the Game Collection tab to just be the games I have purchased.

Kokoloko85

You dont need quick resume.
Miles Morales loads in 4 secs total, faster than quick resume

Yeah I want it for multiple titles where I left off.

But I think the PS5 UI Cards can do something similar tbh, not sure. The cards can start you off at different levels on Sackboy etc

Kokoloko85

Like, cold boot and resume where you left off?

Wasn't aware that was something the XSEX had, my apologies then.

That would indeed pretty great if they did have it as well on the PS5.

Yeah cold boot for multiple titles, and puts you where you stopped playing the game, not just the start screen.

But I think the PS5 cards can do something similar like start sackboy straight into the level you choose etc bypasses the title screen etc. Not sure how it exactly works or even for older games. But looks cool

Top Bottom