• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation 5 will be revealed on FEB 5

OrderlyDismalCentipede-max-1mb.gif

Gamernyc78

Banned
It’s going To be another disappointment by Sony. Can’t wait. :D

drivers seat? Huh? When? They are following MS, just think about it:

- MS releases games in Xbox AND pc. Sony is doing the same now going forward
- MS allowed EA access, now a couple of years later, Sony does too
- MS allowed crossplay and buy, Sony didn’t in the beginning, now they allow it for selected games
- MS introduced BC, now Sony will do it too

Just to name few. there are many more. Sony is lagging behind and are just doing what MS did in the past.
Sony will bomb so hard nextgen. :D

This is so much bs its amazing lol we can all make lists.

Xbox x borrows heavily from ps4 pro internal design

Microsoft starts claiming it now gives developers freedom on game development lol wonder why (always been Sony's message and style)

Microsoft makes Gears more open like Uncharted and God of War even the Dev stating thy got inspiration from such

Microsoft adds a half baked trash shareplay via mixer

Sony releases wire article and shortly after Microsoft makes announcement with almost same features Sony mentions in article lol it was a verbal wire article 😂

Cross play was done way before on Sony lol for years.

Microsoft removes kinect from Xbox one after lying about not being able to bcus of os due to Sony's spanking.

Microsoft acquiring studios to try to keep up with Sony killer line ups and studios.

Microsoft now touts game streaming coming when of course Sony has innovated and been had game streaming via Psnow.

Yes drivers seat. Sony has been in the drivers seat since halfway into last Gen. Killing in sales, software and Microsoft trying to mimic its messaging and moves to get some type of foothold. Their gaming division makes nowhere near as much money as Sony's, hardware sales are like one to three lol yes drivers seat. But it's good thy get inspiration from one of the pioneers in this.

Wow some ppl are delusional on here no disrespect bro. They need stellar games first then thy can try to climb out the ditch. A restrictive repetitive Hellblade won't do it (at least one was) and tht other generic beaten up game thy showed before either (cant even remember the name). Even at Sony's worst thy seem to be better than what Microsoft offers. Cant Wait for recore 2 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned
This is a fact. All companies do, if not you'll be a dead fish in water. It was just funny he came with tht nonsense when Micro has been correcting its issues actually using Sony's blueprint and adding of course their own flavor.

BitDust

I think they will shoot some big numbers like they did with PS3 at the time saying it could reach the 2TF performance. I bet Sony will throw some smoke bombs saying PS5 can "virtually" hit 50TF and everyone will say it can.

T

- MS allowed crossplay and buy, Sony didn’t in the beginning, now they allow it for selected games

Just to name few. there are many more. Sony is lagging behind and are just doing what MS did in the past.
These you would do when you are in the passengers seat.

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member

Hey atari did BC first...I think

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
Watch Sony release a new logo instead only this time say the full “PlayStation 5” tag 🤣

Fuck Gaf will implode with the drama 🤣
Honestly that would be awesome. Do a Death Stranding marketing style and don't give any hard stats and just release it

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.

I was going to type a comment but I took Yoshida's advice instead

ON5o6Sb.jpg

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Honestly that would be awesome. Do a Death Stranding marketing style and don't give any hard stats and just release it

I have a feeling they won’t release hard stats. They will do their usual Sony talk, hyping upeverything including the shade of black it uses, but no hard stats.

Once the stats are in the open it’s near as damn it set in stone. Some things can change but for the most part they won’t at this stage. They can essentially make MS sweat, while not releasing anything massive, and STILL gain a shit ton of publicity.

This is a cake walk event for them. No matter what they do, people will lap it up.

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
I have a feeling they won’t release hard stats. They will do their usual Sony talk, hyping upeverything including the shade of black it uses, but no hard stats.

Once the stats are in the open it’s near as damn it set in stone. Some things can change but for the most part they won’t at this stage. They can essentially make MS sweat, while not releasing anything massive, and STILL gain a shit ton of publicity.

This is a cake walk event for them. No matter what they do, people will lap it up.
At the February 2013 meeting they at least said "almost two teraflops" for the GPU power. I really hope they say "over 10 teraflops" or something here to at least put some rumors to rest...or confirm them if they say "nearly 10 TFS"

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
At the February 2013 meeting they at least said "almost two teraflops" for the GPU power. I really hope they say "over 10 teraflops" or something here to at least put some rumors to rest...or confirm them if they say "nearly 10 TFS"

Not sure, but I see where you’re coming from. A lot of 9tf talk out there, and to put that to bed would be good for them. But if they say “over 10” that essentially reads to everybody as “under 11”.

I think the two systems will end up being on par near as damn it. I mean right now, MS have options open to them, and they can make a few changes, that’s why Sony delaying is good for them.

I honestly think for all the cheat beating and fan boy drivel we all sit through, the two machines are going to be that close it’s going to be a taste test challenge.

Of course, they could be using the exact same parts, but now no matter what MS do, that stupid ass “first party games must run on older hardware” and “lockheart” bollocks will haunt them. They could ditch lockheart and do a 180 on the exclusives stuff, and it won’t be enough for some. That really will be their “tv tv tv” moment.

For me, personally, I’m just siting to see the controller tech. Games will continue to look gorgeous, or look like arse. They will continue to be sharp, and blurry. Then will continue to be 60fps locked, and 15fps shit shows. But the controllers? That’s the real area for me. And so far, for all my love of the Xbox brand, Sony are SMASHING IT on this front compared to Xbox. A share button? Piss off, give me MORE.

Sussoloc

If you play FF XIV on PS4, you'd realize how much the touchpad could actually bring to the table.

It's just that the vast majority of devs don't bother.
I know, Kinect was fun too in Alien Isolation. But that's not the point. He talked about standards, but the realitiy is your second sentence.

Psykodad

Banned
I know, Kinect was fun too in Alien Isolation. But that's not the point. He talked about standards, but the realitiy is your second sentence.
A gimmick vs at least effectively 3-4 extra buttons as well as a touchpad to move a mouse-cursor.

Exactly the same potential. /s

Edit:

But fair enough, it isn't standard

Last edited:

Sussoloc

A gimmick vs at least effectively 3-4 extra buttons as well as a touchpad to move a mouse-cursor.

Exactly the same potential.
And mostly it was just a giant button. Kinect had potential too like voice commands (unlimited buttons), but was rarely used. Too bad for both gimmicks.

Nickolaidas

I don't think they'll just show the controller this time, considering the fact it's mostly identical to the ps4's (which was quite different from the first three controllers).

I think they'll show the console and it will completely overshadow whatever noise the series x did.

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
This is so much bs its amazing lol we can all make lists.

Xbox x borrows heavily from ps4 pro internal design

Microsoft starts claiming it now gives developers freedom on game development lol wonder why (always been Sony's message and style)

Microsoft makes Gears more open like Uncharted and God of War even the Dev stating thy got inspiration from such

Microsoft adds a half baked trash shareplay via mixer

Sony releases wire article and shortly after Microsoft makes announcement with almost same features Sony mentions in article lol it was a verbal wire article 😂

Cross play was done way before on Sony lol for years.

Microsoft removes kinect from Xbox one after lying about not being able to bcus of os due to Sony's spanking.

Microsoft acquiring studios to try to keep up with Sony killer line ups and studios.

Microsoft now touts game streaming coming when of course Sony has innovated and been had game streaming via Psnow.

Yes drivers seat. Sony has been in the drivers seat since halfway into last Gen. Killing in sales, software and Microsoft trying to mimic its messaging and moves to get some type of foothold. Their gaming division makes nowhere near as much money as Sony's, hardware sales are like one to three lol yes drivers seat. But it's good thy get inspiration from one of the pioneers in this.

Wow some ppl are delusional on here no disrespect bro. They need stellar games first then thy can try to climb out the ditch. A restrictive repetitive Hellblade won't do it (at least one was) and tht other generic beaten up game thy showed before either (cant even remember the name). Even at Sony's worst thy seem to be better than what Microsoft offers. Cant Wait for recore 2 🤦‍♂️

Opme26n.jpg

Psykodad

Banned
And mostly it was just a giant button. Kinect had potential too like voice commands (unlimited buttons), but was rarely used. Too bad for both gimmicks.
PS4 also had voice commands, either through cam or regular headset. Nothing special and utterly pointless.

Again, very different from the touchpad.
The extra button-presses added by the touchpad to FF XIV makes it very easy to navigate through the HUD by adding at least 2 extra "buttons" (by pressing at both left and right side of the touchpad) and the touchpad itself makes it easy for healers, for example, when they need to select non-party members by using the mouse-cursor.
Those kind of things are impossible with the gimmick of a cam or voicecommands.

There is absolutely no downside to having the touchpad and it adds more options if devs wish to make use of it.

Last edited:

redfirm

Banned
stop doing this to yourself..........................................................................................................................ALLL ONBOARD THE FOTHAMACKINGGGGG HYPEEE TRAAIIN CHOOCHOOO

I hope we get a price. No beating around the bush. Delaying the price announcement to later only brings the 'bad' news closer to launch. Let people get acustomed to the price and focus on games at E3.

Sussoloc

PS4 also had voice commands, either through cam or regular headset. Nothing special and utterly pointless.

Again, very different from the touchpad.
The extra button-presses added by the touchpad to FF XIV makes it very easy to navigate through the HUD by adding at least 2 extra "buttons" (by pressing at both left and right side of the touchpad) and the touchpad itself makes it easy for healers, for example, when they need to select non-party members by using the mouse-cursor.
Those kind of things are impossible with the gimmick of a cam or voicecommands.

There is absolutely no downside to having the touchpad and it adds more options if devs wish to make use of it.
And again, my point was the word standard, not that plastic toy A is better than playstic toy B.

Top Bottom