• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation: A Trip Down Memory Lane

I love the PS brand so much. Proud follower since Xmas 97. I have always seen it as being at the cutting edge of gaming and offering the best experiences.

I can not wait to get my hands on my PS4 and enjoy the next 8 years with it together.

I have played ps1,ps2, and ps3 as primary consoles my entire life and I just realized I don't care about any exclusives now that FF, MGS, and DMC are multiplat...well I guess im still into alot of exclusive japanese third parties, come to think of it the only first parties I ever liked were on Nintendo consoles.
Im sorry im not a good fanboy

Man... I remember being in uni and having tons of people crowded in my dorm room playing Goldeneye and Mario Kart 64, but when they all left I fired up my PSX and spent countless hours immersed in the likes of Suikoden, Wild Arms, FF7, and Xenogears. My N64 felt like it belonged to everyone, my Playstation however was mine and mine alone.

I was living in Tokyo when the PS2 launched and nothing has come close to having both that and a Dreamcast (when it was still a selling system) in my flat at the same time. Good times.

My purchase of a PS3 was my first console purchase after a hiatus of more than a decade and it felt good to be in a place financially where I could afford to indulge a little bit. This machine has been amazing in terms of the value I've gotten out of it. PS+ has a lot to do with that as well. Fucking brilliant service.

Sony and Playstation have just been there at the right place at the right time for me. I look forward to what they have in store for this next generation.

Lucent

335h5kZ.jpg

WTH? The XMB was made before the PS3? Wow.

Also, man I felt like crying going through the beginning. So many good memories with the original PlayStation. So many amazing unique and varied games. I wish I could go back to those times. Just makes you kinda realize how old you're getting (I'm 28 but I mean...lol). Just were great times when the biggest concern you had was school. Then you get your homework done and play some games.

I've loved every single PlayStation console that's come out. That's why I'm confident that the PS4 is going to deliver big time. I just hope that this brings even more varied games. Tone down the amount of first person shooters. I guess at least the huge emphasis on Indie games will help out with that.

I eff'n love you, PlayStation. =D

I missed this the first time around because mobile couldn't handle the content and formatting but, having been lead here by Amir0x's |OT|, I have to say I'm so glad I finally read it and I hope more people eventually do.

This was simply an excellent retrospective Shinobi. Simply excellent. Thank you, honestly.

I missed this the first time around because mobile couldn't handle the content and formatting but, having been lead here by Amir0x's |OT|, I have to say I'm so glad I finally read it and I hope more people eventually do.

This was simply an excellent retrospective Shinobi. Simply excellent. Thank you, honestly.
My pleasure buddy.

Top Bottom