• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Access: Monster Hunter World 40 Minutes Of Gameplay

Tosyn_88

I remember the days fighting Tigrex on the snow mountains with a gun Lance on the original psp. I remember the first time I met nagacuga and running away from how fast he was. I remember facing the elder dragons who you couldn't hit because they was surrounded by wind. I remember hunting the king shakalaka in its den with my buddies. Those were the days, we all grown up now.

Mupod

That's a pretty big chunk even by Bloodborne standards.

Can't wait to see the tears G-Rank Nerg brings when the inevitable G-Rank expansion comes out.

You know, the first thing I thought when I saw his spike regeneration mechanic, was that pierce bowguns are going to absolutely destroy him. We'll see in time.

Thanks to everyone who answered to my rather newbie questions. I just could never convince myself to play this on a screen like 3DS has, and I didn't own the Sony handhelds so yeah. This game looks really fun, and what I've heard about the gameplay loop sounds convincing enough to give the game a solid try at the very least. Here's hoping they'll have a demo, an open beta or something - RPGs for me are hit and miss, if I don't enjoy the core of the battles and such it likely won't click, but if I love the battles I can gladly get even through hours and hours of gring no problem. Looking forward to this.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Thanks to everyone who answered to my rather newbie questions. I just could never convince myself to play this on a screen like 3DS has, and I didn't own the Sony handhelds so yeah. This game looks really fun, and what I've heard about the gameplay loop sounds convincing enough to give the game a solid try at the very least. Here's hoping they'll have a demo, an open beta or something - RPGs for me are hit and miss, if I don't enjoy the core of the battles and such it likely won't click, but if I love the battles I can gladly get even through hours and hours of gring no problem. Looking forward to this.

The game is far more action than RPG for the actual gameplay against the monsters especially in this version as it seems they've added a lot of improvements to every weapon category plus all the other quality of life improvements. The RPG side tends to be how you deal with armor, skills, etc.

Mupod

I can't remember the last MH game that didn't get a demo, so you're probably gonna be fine on that front. Even Stories got a great demo. Previous demos were pretty straightforward, drop you into a hunt with prefab armor/weapons/skills with minimal tutorialization. I'd imagine with World they will probably ease players in a bit more since they are trying to target new players.

And yeah, as was said already, MH has the fans it does because the combat is fun. But *nothing* plays like MH and it has a learning curve. Back in Freedom 2 I myself was turned off by the game for a long time because I stubbornly stuck with Longswords. Once I branched out and tried new weapons I 'got' the game. I know 'it gets good after 20 hours' is a meme at this point but Tri was that kind of game...it does seem that they are focusing hard on having World explain mechanics better. Regardless I know from experience that at least some new players are going to bounce off, but sounds like you'll be fine.

Hopefully there is a pre-release demo coming. Even better, they could include the training/practice area they've been showing at TGS. It would be extremely helpful even for veterans to come to grips with the new additions to movesets. I plan on picking up Charge Blade for this one so I've got some learning to do myself.

edit: got curious and looked up demo release dates for previous MH games. Seems pretty consistent that they come out about a month before release.

raven777

Ryozo's Room podcast, this time it actually goes in detail showcasing MHW, its menus, and Fujioka hunting Barroth with a lance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaFoTZxQ0c4

actual gameplay starts at 19:57

AssuredMeaslyAfricanelephant.gif

Hate to bump, but hopefully can get some help. This was the most recent MonHun thread I could find. A friend tried pre-ordering the Deluxe edition on PSN but is getting a message saying they can't and to check transaction history. They've bought stuff recently just fine so no clue as to what's up. Has anyone successfully preordered the digital deluxe?

Top Bottom