• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thread - Online as smooth as butter

KevinCow

Banned
From people that have played the beta: What are your guys' favorite character at the moment?

I'm just honestly curious.

Sweet Tooth for me.

- Shotgun is really fast and really powerful.
- Mines are good to leave around the stage for people to run into, and also useful as a downward projectile to attack dudes below you.
- Good ground pound.
- Molotovs are good to spam at dudes when they're fighting on the other side of the stage. They often don't even notice the fire's hitting them because it doesn't have any hitstun.

His level 1 super takes some getting used to, but it's not so bad once you do.

All that said, he hasn't really clicked with me the way my mains in other games have. I'm sure I'll find someone better in the full game.

k_Reign

Yes I was. Well, it's like a lot of my other matches. Might have to do with me being from Sweden.

Ahh well that's true, hahah. But most of mine have been the same way if not worse. I'm not used to fighting enemies (or controlling myself) that teleport across the map instantaneously, hahah.

Loudninja

I think I going to try more characters tomorrow besides my main man sweet tooth.

Man we are having this much fun with just 6 characters image the full game?

Remember this game has over 20 characters.

I love and hate Sweet Tooths lvl 1 super. I think its the easiest one to interrupt by normal attacks but when you hit it he launches the enemy as a projectile and anyone who contacts it when it explodes dies too. It feels soooo good when you hit someone far away with his lvl 1.

Grokbu

Ahh well that's true, hahah. But most of mine have been the same way if not worse. I'm not used to fighting enemies (or controlling myself) that teleport across the map instantaneously, hahah.
Ah, I see.
There might be something else that's wonky with my network tonight though, as I just got disconnected from a match.
EDIT:
I was just playing you... then I got dropped out. :(
Yup. That's the match I was talking about. I hope that I didn't cause it. :(

Cbajd5

I totally want to try this. Is it certain US PS+ members will get it eventually?

Also, will there be a Vita beta like this?

Holy crap.

Over 20 characters and over 30 stages? My anticipation for this game has doubled. I didn't expect there to be that many characters or stages.

14+ stages. Over 30 ''stage characters'' like Patapon, Qwark, Buzz ect. 20+ characters is confirmed.

14+ stages. Over 30 ''stage characters'' like Patapon, Qwark, Buzz ect. 20+ characters is confirmed.

Oh god, I'm so sorry. I completely misread environmental characters as environments. I should probably get some sleep. :p

Regardless, 14 stages is still a large number and if the first stages shown are anything to go by, they're sure to be unique.

Jafku

On behalf of Sony and SuperBot, I wanted to thank everyone who is actively participating in the beta! Sony really came through with providing us the resources needed to get this going, and they're just as excited as we are to finally get the game into people's hands. I apologize for not being able to hand out codes to everyone, but I hope the people who are getting a chance to play are having a good time testing the game online.

(Speaking of which, I may have some more codes to give out tonight here on GAF, as well as some unclaimed ones. Keep your eyes peeled O___O)

Please keep in mind that this is just a small sample of what to expect from the finished product, and the main purpose of the beta is to test online capabilities. We're glad to hear people are having a good time and we are thrilled to have so much thoughtful feedback. If you think the game is sick now, just wait until October 23rd!

Clock
Thank you!

Cheska

I'm really glad that moves list was posted in the OP since there's no training mode available. Game is okay so far to be honest, but I really wish there you weren't so zoomed out from the characters. The hardest part by far is keeping track of my character, which is not a problem I ever had with SSB.

KevinCow

Banned
I love when Sweet Tooth's level 1 pinballs around chaotically and winds up exploding next to other unexpecting opponents.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I've got to say unlike some people, I never have a problem losing my character unless its one of those palate swap that isn't very distingishable.

I have however gotten a ton of drops and lag lately. Its a lot like an FPS game where everything jumps around and teleports everywhere when there's lag. I miss the way most fighting games do it, which is they rewind you if there is a hiccup. Of course for a 4 player game I don't know if that is possible or not.

Of course its just a beta, so maybe they are just hitting thier upper limits for thier limited servers right now.

Oh my god. I think this has frozen my PS3 like 10 times now.

Just curious: Are you using an old Fat PS3 or a Slim PS3?

I had an 80GB Fat PS3 before moving to Canada and had bad experiences with some game betas (and even unpatched games such as LA Noire) freezing constantly.

I'm finding matches pretty quick. My favorites so far are Radec and Fat Princess, both play like a dream. Sweet Tooth and Parappa felt a bit weird to me, I tend to lean towards certain types of characters and they're usually really distancing ranged ones or quick harassment types, so I guess Radec and FP fit the bill for both of those.

Oh my god. I think this has frozen my PS3 like 10 times now.
It's happened to me four or five times. ):

I'm finding matches pretty quick. My favorites so far are Radec and Fat Princess, both play like a dream. Sweet Tooth and Parappa felt a bit weird to me, I tend to lean towards certain types of characters and they're usually really distancing ranged ones or quick harassment types, so I guess Radec and FP fit the bill for both of those.

Oh hey, I played you a few matches ago! You were Parappa and I was Sweet Tooth on the Hades stage. I forget who won...

How does one procure a code, exactly?
Random email, beg, somewhere on Twitter, or be lucky enough to have Clockw0rk PM you.

Top Bottom