• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thread - Online as smooth as butter

SmithnCo

So, I know it hasn't been discussed, but does anybody else want a Collector's Edition? Take fan service to that next level, and offer some cool, historic features that really celebrate PlayStation?

-Steel box case
-A handful of plushies/action figures (something collectible to put in a display)
-Exclusive Alt costumes
-Exclusive Alt Taunts even
-Exclusive avatars for PSN IDs
-Exclusive dynamic themes
-Some sort of art book with a history of the IPs represented from the game
-A cool poster
-Some sort of strategy handbook

For about $100 or so, I'd be down for it.

They said there wouldn't be a CE, but I would be down for it. A PS3/Vita bundle will have to do.

Sometimes I just stare at the character select screen. I can't get over some of these characters being together, its just awesome.

Me too man! :D I just click on Radec's name and feel so COOL playing as him.

Guerilla Games should kick themselves for not allowing us to play as the Helghast, I really hope K4 is a prequel around Radec. He's SO much more badass than Kratos

Runs away

2273275-psasbr_group10.jpeg

I think they're great, I believe there are some like for free though.

Zabuza

Banned
I played several of you guys. NapalmFrank, Intellihealth, Jafku, and a few others.

Add me to the PSN players list?

PSN ID: Im-Braveheart

2273275-psasbr_group10.jpeg

I think they're great, I believe there are some like for free though.

Not going to lie, I'm still pretty tempted to pre-order the game on the costumes alone (and that I'd probably end up pre-ordering anyway), does anyone know if the costumes are available in Canada too?

k_Reign

Would you guys seriously contribute to an All-Stars site/wiki? I wouldn't mind putting something like that together if it will see some use. It could incorporate a forum as well in case it expands. Hmm, I think I will look into I when I get home if that's a topic of interest.

Not going to lie, I'm still pretty tempted to pre-order the game on the costumes alone (and that I'd probably end up pre-ordering anyway), does anyone know if the costumes are available in Canada too?

I'm from Canada too (High Five!) and I dont see why they wouldn't be, we get everything the Americans do

Would you guys seriously contribute to an All-Stars site/wiki? I wouldn't mind putting something like that together if it will see some use. It could incorporate a forum as well in case it expands. Hmm, I think I will look into I when I get home if that's a topic of interest.

http://www.playstationallstarsbattleroyale.com/

If we're gonna start our own site, we'd have to compete with the official one, that already has a community. There's also that wikia thing and when people google, they'd probably check that out before anything else.

I know I would contribute. :)

Zabuza

Banned

Clock shot me one late last night! Felt great. Hope more of you guys get the codes I've only seen 4 or 5 Gaffers online.

I'm not great at this game. But I really like Radec, Sweet Tooth, Kratos, and Parappa. Especially Radec. When I first started playing I wasn't a fan, but after a few hours it's really growing on me. The gameplay feels tight and VERY different from Smash Bros. Almost incomparable.

I'm from Canada too (High Five!) and I dont see why they wouldn't be, we get everything the Americans do

Canada high five!

I'm actually from England but moved here late last year. Living in Alberta and so far I can say that I absolutely love Canada, seriously. I just worry about bonuses as I'm used to usually getting screwed over the years from when I was a PAL gamer. :p

KevinCow

Banned
I don't really understand how rolling works. Sometimes when I roll, I wind up facing the direction I rolled. Other times, I wind up facing the opposite direction like Smash. I've done my super in the wrong direction a few times because of this.

k_Reign

http://www.playstationallstarsbattleroyale.com/

If we're gonna start our own site, we'd have to compete with the official one, that already has a community. There's also that wikia thing and when people google, they'd probably check that out before anything else.

That's true, but that community repels nearly everyone that goes near it I'd think. They're mostly a bunch of 13 year olds...or at least that's the way they act.

And as far as the wiki goes, I was thinking a ridiculously fleshed out source that has the most info out of all of the sites...if anyone can accomplish that, it's the people here in this forum, hahah. Anyway, I'll look into it a bit and come up with something that would stand out and bring it back to the thread a bit later tonight.

I don't really understand how rolling works. Sometimes when I roll, I wind up facing the direction I rolled. Other times, I wind up facing the opposite direction like Smash. I've done my super in the wrong direction a few times because of this.

You don't always face the opposite direction after a roll in Super Smash Bros. If you perform a forward roll, you will face the opposite direction, but you'll face the same direction if you perform a backward roll.

That's true, but that community repels nearly everyone that goes near it I'd think. They're mostly a bunch of 13 year olds...or at least that's the way they act.

And as far as the wiki goes, I was thinking a ridiculously fleshed out source that has the most info out of all of the sites...if anyone can accomplish that, it's the people here in this forum, hahah. Anyway, I'll look into it a bit and come up with something that would stand out and bring it back to the thread a bit later tonight.

We counted bullets in a low res photo and got it mostly right... WE CAN DO THIS!

Scored my highest: 10

Got a triple KO with Radec's Super One... That is more deadlier than people think

Edit: Damn u guys are godly

KevinCow

Banned

Well hey, if you wanna have an equivalent to SmashBoards, it sounds like it's off to a great start!

(Joking. Mostly.)

You don't always face the opposite direction after a roll in Super Smash Bros. If you perform a forward roll, you will face the opposite direction, but you'll face the same direction if you perform a backward roll.

You always face the opposite of the direction you rolled. Roll left, you face right. Roll right, you face left.

So, awesome story. We have a thing in our town called "Harborfest", its just a small festival around the city. We got Kenny Loggins playing, good food, big fireworks display, whatever.

However, the Sony truck rolled in again this year. They've come before during the PS1 and PS2 era, and i went, just to see what kind of free swag they might have.

Imagine, to my sheer excitement, they had 4 demo stations set up for PSASBR. Its the E3 build, so we have through Nathan and Big Daddy. I got some time to play around with things, and i'm 100% sold on this game now. I don't really have much in-depth to say, though i can answer any questions since the demo will be open tomorrow as well. I did find Big Daddy to be a little too slow compared to the other characters to really get in and build as well as the others. Nathan's Level 3 got me 5 kills on my first shot, i'd say its the best of the 8 characters. I only managed 4 with Kratos and Sweet Tooth, though i'm sure you can do better. But the difference is, with the other characters you have to chase them down, where Nathan can just shoot and pick the zombies off with ease.

I figured if you guys wanted to know anything about the other 2 characters, i could do some long-term gameplay tomorrow and bring back some more info.

Zabuza

Banned
Some of these big numbers are crazy. I guess practice makes perfect. I've certainly gotten better since I started.

Zabuza

Banned
The Hades stage looks fantastic, the other stages not so much. They're all fun to play on except for Sandover, I don't like Sandover.

So, awesome story. We have a thing in our town called "Harborfest", its just a small festival around the city. We got Kenny Loggins playing, good food, big fireworks display, whatever.

I figured if you guys wanted to know anything about the other 2 characters, i could do some long-term gameplay tomorrow and bring back some more info.

Damn, that's cool!

I'm very interested to hear more about Big Daddy and Drake.

Can u tell me if Parappa's Boombox is different?

If Drake's 3rd super is so good, how fast does his AP build up? How are is Super 1's and 2's? Not sure how much u can tell us about the beta build, I'm curious to know how different the E3 build is though

Desmond

However, the Sony truck rolled in again this year. They've come before during the PS1 and PS2 era, and i went, just to see what kind of free swag they might have.

Imagine, to my sheer excitement, they had 4 demo stations set up for PSASBR. Its the E3 build, so we have through Nathan and Big Daddy. I got some time to play around with things, and i'm 100% sold on this game now. I don't really have much in-depth to say, though i can answer any questions since the demo will be open tomorrow as well. I did find Big Daddy to be a little too slow compared to the other characters to really get in and build as well as the others. Nathan's Level 3 got me 5 kills on my first shot, i'd say its the best of the 8 characters. I only managed 4 with Kratos and Sweet Tooth, though i'm sure you can do better. But the difference is, with the other characters you have to chase them down, where Nathan can just shoot and pick the zombies off with ease.

Scribble down their movesets please! lol

Lol you're the only one that killed anyone in that match.

I've gotten worse with time, I would say!

But yeah, I'm not so sure how or why nobody else got points.

aw man, you're lucky ;_;

Try to get good write-ups for those two!

Top Bottom