• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation All Stars Battle Royale Discussion thread [Up: Leakfest #11]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Man

According that that Comic Con panel, Gamescom is going to be a blowout of information for BR. They said that they're not only going to announce several new characters, but also reveal additional information (supposedly new game modes and things of that nature).

SSReborn

Jak's guns look really good, but his supers look pretty bad.

Level 1 seems to come out fast, but have a really small hitbox.

Level 2 seems worse than a lot of characters' Level 1 supers. It looks really slow with a really small hitbox. Compare to, say, Cole, whose Level 2 comes out really fast and flies across the screen.

Level 3 looks good, but not good enough to make up for the weakness of his 1 and 2.

Jak's level 2 causes a shock wave on the ground in front and behind him it like radiates. I don't know if you noticed that or not.

He also seems like he going to be a good a setup character

TheMink

Assuming the character roster is 20 (just for simpleness sake) I'm going to make a guess of what the next 8 characters will be.
Im thinking logically not emotionally to explain some of my choices.

Evil Cole (sticking with that)

Dante (yes even though capcom is wierd)

Sackboy

Spike (k this one might be emotional :p)

Raiden (cause it would be awesome!!)

Ratchet and Clank

Nariko

Lightning 

btkadams

Assuming the character roster is 20 (just for simpleness sake) I'm going to make a guess of what the next 8 characters will be.

Sackboy

Ratchet and Clank

Nariko

Lightning 

why wouldn't evil cole just be an alt costume?

when is gamescom, guys?

Sackboy

Ratchet and Clank

Nariko

Lightning 

Really? Evil Cole a separate character? I don't think any series is gonna get more than one rep, but having only one get two reps would be weird. I think this good Cole is canon so it makes sense for them to use him

Boss Man

One of my favorite parts from that video is when the panel was asked about DLC. Their answer was along the lines of:

"We are definitely going to explore that opportunity. You know there may be certain characters that we just weren't able to get in time or content that we weren't able to get to, but right now we're just focused on getting as much content onto the disc as possible (repeated multiple times)."

I like Superbot.

Sackboy

Ratchet and Clank

Nariko

Lightning 

How is Evil Cole logical? lol

Didn't Capcom say none of their characters were in it. The rest seem legit though. but it would have to balance out since with the announcment of Jak & Cole all of the Eras have 4 reps.

PS1: Toro, Heihachi, Parappa, Sweet Tooth
PS2: Jak & Dax, Sly, Kratos, Radec
PS3: Nathan Drake, Cole, Fat Princess, Big Daddy

Noi

Ha yeah he definitely looks better. The stage design and overall graphics look a lot better for some reason and I think thats a really early video too right?

Yeah, that's apparently the pilot video they used to get the project green lighted. Hopefully they keep the Uncharted level in, though I am glad FP's camera toss isn't in, that might be a little too distracting.

Damn, the Uncharted x Warhawk level looks killer. I pray that they put it in the game.

You gotta believe!

Yeah, that's apparently the pilot video they used to get the project green lighted. Hopefully they keep the Uncharted level in, though I am glad FP's camera toss isn't in, that might be a little too distracting.

You gotta believe!

Good point, it looks great but that would interrupt gameplay.

TheMink

Really? Evil Cole a separate character? I don't think any series is gonna get more than one rep, but having only one get two reps would be weird. I think this good Cole is canon so it makes sense for them to use him

Is it?
The game is called inFamous, his inFamous form is the evil version.
Think about it? Why would they have him do ONLY hero stuff.

Boss Man

I really doubt that there are going to be two separate Cole characters. I mean, maybe probably in some form, but not as in 2/20 characters are Cole.

Why did they remove all of the platforming options from the Hades stage? It from this

untitled1abdr4.jpg

untitledg1ct1.jpg

To this

superbot-project-untidxd85.jpg

Amazing how different the concept looks. It looked like some beat em up/psn/castle crashers type game.
looked like there was a lot of platforming and stages were bigger and had some sense of adventuring before being closed in for more competitive play

Noi

Looking at the video again, the old Hades level is a really long horizontal stage. Maybe it would have worked if it had more vertical height to make it more like the Temple/New Pork stages in Smash, but as it was, it doesn't look very good. Way too much distance for just 4 characters, at least.

Plus, I imagine that the idea of the stage mashups didn't exist at the time, so the new Hades stages is a lot more practical in both senses.

How is Evil Cole logical? lol

Didn't Capcom say none of their characters were in it. The rest seem legit though. but it would have to balance out since with the announcment of Jak & Cole all of the Eras have 4 reps.

PS1: Toro, Heihachi, Parappa, Sweet Tooth
PS2: Jak & Dax, Sly, Kratos, Radec
PS3: Nathan Drake, Cole, Fat Princess, Big Daddy

once again, Radec is PS3

Boss Man

From the look of it, they were definitely a lot more similar to Smash Bros. in the beginning. Players seemed to be falling off of ledges, slamming into walls, etc.

Their reasoning sounded like it was just too hectic in this game. That players didn't know how they were dying, and things of that nature.

The more I think about it, the more this is actually making sense. We're so used to the way that Smash Bros. does it that anything else just looks like it isn't doing it right. You have a game with a bunch of characters from different universes, and the only way that they can actually harm each other is to use a 'Super' attack from their universe. Other than that, it's all fighting each other in this balanced 'plane' until a character can use his "true form" or whatever and actually do some real damage.

Sounds silly I'm sure, but it does make a lot of sense to me now. I can see how the game would flow better this way.

tusken77

Good God, those Uncharted/Warhawk stages look incredible. I hope they make it into the game somehow. Can anyone work their magic and turn that footage into gif form?

Counting when the franchise debuted, not the character. That's what he represents so that's where he is from, technically speaking.

honestly, Killzone might as well be a PS3 franchise. the PS2 one is a joke that everyone would rather forget and it didn't exactly cement the series as a major Sony franchise. it's like counting Sonic as a Master System series.

TheMink

at best he is a skin. wouldnt want two cole characters if it would sacrifice anyone else.

See but that wouldn't make any sense!
Evil (fire) cole doing an ice attack?
Additionally all the electricity would all have to be changed to red.
Evil cole has a totally different skill set I think it's more than possible.

Noi

Makes as much sense as Deimos having Kratos' moveset, but you don't see anyone saying he should be a separate character.

Shahed

I understand where you're coming from, but put it this way.

Would you rather use another slot for Cole, or have a completely new character? As much as I like Cole, it would have to be the latter

Takao

Banned
honestly, Killzone might as well be a PS3 franchise. the PS2 one is a joke that everyone would rather forget and it didn't exactly cement the series as a major Sony franchise. it's like counting Sonic as a Master System series.

Killzone was hyped as Halo killer. Killzone 2 was hyped as lies. No one hyped Killzone: Liberation and 3.

What if u make the ice into lava and the blue into red? i guess it wouldnt matter to me so long as he didnt waste someone else's slot. imo he should be dlc, or maybe they will make him one of those stupid "preorder at store x for cole Y or Z" deals.

Maybe im.showing resent from the old wwe smackdown games that had three versions of hulk hogan lol. i just think one cole is enough

TheMink

Makes as much sense as Deimos having Kratos' moveset, but you don't see anyone saying he should be a separate character.

I didn't say it should happen, I just think it is.

Especially because of sonys fixation with the inFamous series

The same reason I put lightning on that list and not cloud

Noi

Kratos has a Deimos skin in the God of War games.

Oh I know that, I'm just talking about the characters themselves.

Fighting games do this all the time. Hell, UMvC3 has Zero using an X skin and Trish with a Gloria outfit. There really is no sense to having "Evil Cole" as a separate character.

Paranerd

Neo Member
I wonder how similarly Jak's going to play to Ratchet (Ratchet has to be in the game, right?), because Jak looks very weapon-based.

I'm going to be disappointed if Crash and Spyro don't get in the game.

Ryce

I'd laugh if the only hidden characters were Evil Cole and Evil Ryu, both somehow factoring into the game's story.

why do people promote the stereotype that Cole is actually a popular character?

didn't we go through this in sfxt or with kevin butler?

TheMink

I wonder how similarly Jak's going to play to Ratchet (Ratchet has to be in the game, right?), because Jak looks very weapon-based.

I'm going to be disappointed if Crash and Spyro don't get in the game.

I unfortunately highly doubt crash, because activision is a major dick

Counting when the franchise debuted, not the character. That's what he represents so that's where he is from, technically speaking.
Radec is a ps3 cbaracter like lightning would be a final fantasy character. if they wanted to rep the ps2 with killzone theyd hav used a generic helghast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom