• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation All Stars Battle Royale Discussion thread [Up: Leakfest #11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe I am more excited over this game than even Halo 4 and Dishonored. Its been so long since I got into a beat-em-up

The last beat 'em up I bought was Soul Calibur IV. I used to have such a love affair with the genre, especially during the PS1/Dreamcast era when I was relentlessly playing series' like Soul Blade/Calibur, Bloody Roar (2 ftw!), Rival Schools, Power Stone and Tekken. Then somewhere along the line it all became stagnant and I just lost interest. I haven't been this excited for a game in the genre in a long long time.

tribal24

Banned
Anyone having a slight problem with the camera going to far back? Sometimes its to far that you can barely see what your doing, like i noticed that in every match.

SmithnCo

I don't think I've seen a Radec pull off a level 3 without something weird happening, maybe it's just me. Two of the people just stood there and didn't take damage from his shots.

Anyone having a slight problem with the camera going to far back? Sometimes its to far that you can barely see what your doing, like i noticed that in every match.

I wish the camera was somehow smoother when zooming in and out to apapt to the proximity of the characters to one-another

k_Reign

JStein0222 / jsnake22 / NA
TimeEffect / Alpha-Male22 / NA
SmithnCo / smithnco / NA
MyMyAxaco / GottaBeat / NA
Desmond / DessieB93 / Ireland
Drencrom / Drencrom / Sweden
k_Reign / goodguyme (only for HK) / NA

So far, if I'm playing as Radec, I really love Hades and Metropolis. The other ones are not as friendly for him, hahah.

OK, so Radec is probably my favorite: He was my favorite going in along with Big Daddy and Ratchet.

He's just so damn cool

Can u do more advanced attacks outside of the ones in the chart by corp cheerleader? I mean, there's throws and combos, but that's it, right?

I don't think I've seen a Radec pull off a level 3 without something weird happening, maybe it's just me. Two of the people just stood there and didn't take damage from his shots.

Yup, he is definitely glitchy

Thanks for the list first, and yeah, I am sometimes having trouble keeping track of myself. That's the top concern I have for this game.

So we can recognize GAFers we run into. When the beta releases in different territories it will probably render it useless though.

Ah right, that sounds pretty sweet. In which case...

SmithnCo / smithnco / NA
Acquiescence / Acquiescence / England

jondabomb

SmithnCo / smithnco / NA
jondabomb / jondabomb / NA

tribal24

Banned
Ok im added there, Btw guys i found some New tech with Sweet Tooth its like a advance combo, gets your super meter to 1 and a half in one go. Im gonna jot it down when i get the chance.

SmithnCo / smithnco / NA
Tribal24/ Tribal24 / NA

SmithnCo

Yup, he is definitely glitchy

I was just in a match where he shot guys, and they turned into static models after they were shot, so it looked like there were six people onscreen, hehe.

Something similar happened with Sly's level 3 once, though I don't see that one as often (possibly because his other supers are too good, haha). I expect these issues, like the other little issues like win/lose poses are just because this is a non-current build.

Also, I finally got a match with three Fat Princesses, her third color is yellow with brown/black hair. Makes me wish you could change colors at will.

Jonboy

SmithnCo / smithnco / NA
Tribal24/ Tribal24 / NA
Jonboy / jonboy_jlf_2004 / NA

Jonboy

Stock matches will have a totally different dynamic than timed matches. I'm pretty pumped about that.

1v1 stock is going to be very interesting. Level 1 supers will probably be popular, but if you miss with one then you're screwed. Ahhhh I can't wait for this game!

tribal24

Banned
Yeah I agree. I've gotten way to good at setting that up for multiple kills. It's better than his level 2 as well I think (in most situations)

you guys know you can wave dash across almost anything, his lvl 1 is so easy to dodge and some normal attacks have better priority over some characters supers.

edit:Wait i don't think its wave dashing i think im wrong on that one, i was just testing out like characters speeds in the air sorry about that.

You can wavedash in this game? I'm sold.

What's wavedash? :p

I was just in a match where he shot guys, and they turned into static models after they were shot, so it looked like there were six people onscreen, hehe.

Something similar happened with Sly's level 3 once, though I don't see that one as often (possibly because his other supers are too good, haha). I expect these issues, like the other little issues like win/lose poses are just because this is a non-current build.

Also, I finally got a match with three Fat Princesses, her third color is yellow with brown/black hair. Makes me wish you could change colors at will.

Sounds like the whole idea of going off the screen is glitchy.

As for three Fat Princesses-- it's incredibly hard to track who is who. Thank god for completely awesome skins (as opposed to just colors)

Also, what do you guys think of taunts?

Ok im added there, Btw guys i found some New tech with Sweet Tooth its like a advance combo, gets your super meter to 1 and a half in one go. Im gonna jot it down when i get the chance.

Do tell :O

Gotcha gaffers!
2012-07-26_14-01-48_726.jpg

Actually got 3 kills with the level 2 super that time. Crazy awesome

tribal24

Banned
Ok this one i can confirm Sly doesnt seem to have a dodge roll or a air dodge, meaning he either has some other way of countering supers or he is shit out of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom