• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation All Stars Battle Royale Discussion thread [Up: Leakfest #11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
43.gif

Hey you're back.
RAIDEN DEFENSE FORCE ASSEMBLE!

SmithnCo

There is a lot of cool stuff they could do with modes...

The "protect the little sister" thing from the beta files got me thinking that it would be cool to have a mode where you have to "protect" a flag while another player/team tries to get it or do damage to it.

Loudninja

There is a lot of cool stuff they could do with modes...

The "protect the little sister" thing from the beta files got me thinking that it would be cool to have a mode where you have to "protect" a flag while another player/team tries to get it or do damage to it.
Sounds like a Big Daddy specific challenge.

ascii42

I feel that because
Ezio is dead
he shouldn't be in the game. We're getting a new character and it would make sense for Ubisoft to advertise AC3 with Connor.

Because, you know, the last thing they want to do is break canon in a game like this.

SmithnCo

I feel that because
Ezio is dead
he shouldn't be in the game. We're getting a new character and it would make sense for Ubisoft to advertise AC3 with Connor.

Well, from Desmond's point of view they are all dead, so...

But I agree, Ubi would probably rather advertise a new character they would use in more upcoming games. AC3 looks great so I wouldn't mind Connor at all.

Why... why the faked Crash image :( My aching fanboy heart ;-; WHY?! Don't even make one of Old Snake or Big Boss, I'll probably cry for reals because they're probably not in the game.

Drago

My GOTY will likely be Rayman Legends if it ends up being better than Origins. I love Rayman too much :)

This will almost definitely be my PS3 GOTY though. Unless Sly 4 takes that spot :p

Zabuza

Banned
The beta is in no way close to making PSABR my GOTY. Maybe there's a small chance it will be when I get my hands on the finished product. But the beta is just ok to me. I think I'll end up liking the gameplay more when I get the entire game in my hands.

k_Reign

Definitely my most anticipated title. I have a lot I am looking forward to, but this has me the most excited. Ridiculously so...probably too much, hahah.

LuuKyK

Who is Kat though? Lightning completely smashes her in every single way tbh. Keep on hoping for your mediocre favorite character to make the cut.

Not really. That was quite an hyperbole there. Never played Gravity Rush. I am just doing it to emphazise how much I want Lightning to be confirmed. t_t Kat would be good actually, so don't kill me.

Drago

I dunno, I just seemed to have lost all hype. I loved the beta and I played for a few hours but... eh

I'm sure that once the game comes out I'll be back in hype mode :)

Jawmuncher

I haven't played the beta and won't get the chance to, but the leak was enough for me to get really hyped. Reminds me of the UMVC3 leak, when I found out Nemesis was in there.
Oh man I was hyped just because of him all the way to release.

Noi

The beta's actually made me a solid believer in the game, even if the complete character roster ends up being not as good as could be. I have below zero interest in Killzone, but I have a blast playing as Radec, mostly because I'm more of a zoner in most fighting games. Man, the things I can do with this guy.

I think that's a great roster.

Obviously could use some more third party characters -- I'd personally like to see something from Square, even if it's recent (like Lightning), and also Altair from Assassin's Creed would be pretty awesome as well. Snake would have been great too, in addition to Raiden.

There's also characters they'd like to have, but probably never will get due to licensing problems (Crash, Spyro), which is unfortunate, but it is what it is.

Otherwise I think I'd be content with this list.

I think that's a great roster.

Obviously could use some more third party characters -- I'd personally like to see something from Square, even if it's recent (like Lightning), and also Altair from Assassin's Creed would be pretty awesome as well. Snake would have been great too, in addition to Raiden.

There's also characters they'd like to have, but probably never will get due to licensing problems (Crash, Spyro), which is unfortunate, but it is what it is.

Otherwise I think I'd be content with this list.

I call this my "that's more like it" Roster

This is what I wanted before the leaks though

J-Tier

Basically, he was completely oblivious to Dante's inclusion.

As I thought, you were talking about Svensson, just wasn't sure how he was relevant to PSASBR. But now that you linked it back, I remember that post.

"I'm not able speak to what their plans or intentions are with regard to third party content. Again, it's a question for Sony, not Capcom." - Svensson

Anyways, looks like Superbot probably went to them.

On another note, you shouldn't take his word for much, he's usually not in the loop for whatever reason and has to go back and correct what he had said earlier.

k_Reign

That just means that They can't say what it is if there is anything. I bet his answer would change if you asked him after the Dante reveal, hahah. That is assuming that he actually knows about it.

Ran rp

Do we know yet if this will be available for download on the PS3? My PS3's Blu-ray drive died so I'll have to stick with the Vita version if there's no DD day one.

SmithnCo

I really hope if they do a bundle, there is a "DD bundle" too. I want to have this game installed to the systems without the need for switching discs. And since there is no CE, why not buy digital.

I do want the preorder costumes though...

PSY・S;40590075 said:
Do we know yet if this will be available for download on the PS3? My PS3's Blu-ray drive died so I'll have to stick with the Vita version if there's no DD day one.

Yeah this would be pretty cool for the people that prefer it. Maybe do the pre-order thing the PSN has just started doing? The Vita version will be there day 1 of course, but at the moment the PS3 version is up in the air

EDIT: If we can do digital download, get a bundle deal with the Vita version AND get dem pre-order costumes...I would consider it haha. This would be a great game to have on my PS3...PERMANENTLY bwahaha

Drago

You can preorder this on NewEgg for $50 right now. Details in the respective thread...

This game for $50 is very very appealing :)

I don't think the game is gonna be that big, so a DD version is very likely.

I think the biggest hurdle Sony has to jump over is getting the game in people's hand and having a great trailer marketed. It needs to show MAJOR characters like Drake, Kratos, Jak, Crash and a final fantasy character all fighting and then throw in quick snippets of everyone else and show various quick cuts of some supers. This needs to be on TV, movies, PS3 store and everywhere.

I think the biggest hurdle Sony has to jump over is getting the game in people's hand and having a great trailer marketed. It needs to show MAJOR characters like Drake, Kratos, Jak, Crash and a final fantasy character all fighting and then throw in quick snippets of everyone else and show various quick cuts of some supers. This needs to be on TV, movies, PS3 store and everywhere.

I meant the filesize, dear, haha.

I am so disappoint at the lack of videos/any mention of whatsoever of this game on the PS3 Store.

SmithnCo

EDIT: If we can do digital download, get a bundle deal with the Vita version AND get dem pre-order costumes...I would consider it haha. This would be a great game to have on my PS3...PERMANENTLY bwahaha

I would jump on that. DD services really need to start being on par with retail offers if they want to get people to bite.

Where did this happen? All I was aware of was the blog that said the roster list "wasn't final" and that we'll learn of the elements of the characters we know of truly spectacular.

Were there other interviews since then?

Neogaf man.....where people infer things and retell it as truth. The beauty is when Kotaku picks it up lol.

TheMink

I'm getting the download ver for vita for sure, I would totally get it on ps3 download as well if I could get the pre order bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom