• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation All Stars Battle Royale Discussion thread [Up: Leakfest #11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like Radec will become less relevant the more other characters have guns and grenades. Cole has a fast horizontal projectile, lightning fast ground dash, grenade, ice drop, and shockwave super. Jak has guns, an air dash, and an upward-lobbing grenade. These characters are already more mobile than Radec. If they have both ways to maneuver around his projectiles and trade with them, Radec is in trouble. I need to get my hands on him and see what he's truly capable of.

As a Radec fan, I'm hoping he stays relevant haha. I feel awfully powerful with him in the beta if that helps

As a Radec fan, I'm hoping he stays relevant haha. I feel awfully powerful with him in the beta if that helps

Well Superbot has allready stated that balance is important to them and are able to change meters on fly so even if Radec would be ''sucky'' they could just make his rifle generate triple AP and see if it still stands.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I think a good Radec player will be able to adapt to the other character's playstyles. I think he has enough tools in his arsenal to still remain relevant.

(I'm looking at you, JSnake to prove me right! Lol).

B.O.O.M

Btw is there any confirmation of a team vs mode? Would be pretty awesome to pair up with fellow gaffers for something like that :)

Ponn

Banned
Just added this to my newegg preorder list. Going for Vita version. i've been enjoying fighters more on the Vita then I have for console so we will see.

Is SuperBot owned by Sony? Or are they a third party like Insomniac?

Independent studio that works exclusively for Sony. Does that make it second party?

company_pic_big.jpg
Oh Omar. You so tsundere~

Independent studio that works exclusively for Sony. Does that make it second party?

Oh Omar. You so tsundere~

I'm pretty sure they are owned by Sony. They even said that Sony formed there team to create this game.

Edit- or maybe not... Weird, I thought they were first party. Oh well, They will probably be bought once the game comes out and is successful.

Noi

(I'm looking at you, JSnake to prove me right! Lol).

I feel forgotten. :'(

I doubt Radec will become irrelevant though. Other characters have guns and the like, but they don't have tools that can strike from all the way across the screen like Radec does, or knock you away as far, which is Radec's primary gameplay. The further away he can keep you, the better. Fig can attest to how hard it can be to land a good combo on a Radec that's trying his best to be slippery on purpose in a 1v1.
KuGsj.gif

I'm pretty sure they are owned by Sony. They even said that Sony formed there team to create this game.

Edit- or maybe not... Weird, I thought they were first party. Oh well, They will probably be bought once the game comes out and is successful.

Yes this is what has me confused.

The team was set up specifically to work on this game by some Sony Santa Monica devs, but they are independent?

Seems a little strange that they aren't just straight up first party.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
It's really interesting watching this gameplay video after being in the beta. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRyEB3nOa2k&feature=related

I can now make heads and tales of what's going on in the match, but also what each player is trying to do from a battle tactics point of view. Like, for example, in the first match, Sly was clearly saving up to build for a Level 3, while Cole was taking advantage of the effectiveness of his Level 2, getting 5 kills (10 points).

It also seems possible that the other players were Ok with Cole having that advantage, because if all three were saving up for a Level 3, they could easily whittle down Cole's lead with a few kills on him. If Sly could kill Cole twice with his Level 3, that drops him to 8 points. Then, if Big Daddy executes his Level 3, and kills Cole twice, that's down to 6, the Jak down to 4 if he executes well, all the while building up their own kill count and score.

I really enjoy how strategic battles are in this game. But that's enough PBR talk for tonight. Between this thread, the beta thread, and the insanity of that Kamiya thread (which I'm on longer taking part in after my last huge post), I'm going to relax and watch something funny. Lol.

EDIT: Oh, and Noi, you aren't forgotten, I'm just still furious at you for your wickedly good Radec. Lol. I can at least deal with JSnake sometimes. You're a beast, dammit!! RARGH! Now my blood pressure is up! Damn you!!!

Noi

I really want to get my hands on more characters. I pretty much exclusively play as Radec in the beta, and while the others are definitely not bad, I'm not the biggest fan of how they play.

Kind of ironic considering that at one point, I thought to myself that it'd be nice if the game had less gun users, yet the character I like the most is the one with all the guns. Pretty much leaves me open to liking any character at this point.

Edit: Man, has the Kamiya thread seriously gone on more than 1,000 posts? I like the guy and his games, but to get that reaction just from one tweet...

Gorillaz

The fact mods have yet to clear out that other thread scares me...like it's about to be a graveyard for accounts scares me.

Anyways, can't wait to see the new added characters I can def see rachet and clank finally announced at gamescom.

Not even going near that other thread. >.>

Crossover games always make me want to try the games from the franchises that usually get represented in them. I'm kind of getting the urge to play Infamous 1 all the way through.

Drago

Yeah, I definitely feel that this game will persuade me to try out other Sony games. I'm familiar with most of them, but I haven't played a whole lot of them :p

I probably won't get a PS4 until the first revision or something as I have a huge list of games to catch up with on PSX and PS3 and a few PS2 classics

Gorillaz

Not even going near that other thread. >.>

Crossover games always make me want to try the games from the franchises that usually get represented in them. I'm kind of getting the urge to play Infamous 1 all the way through.
Infamous 1 was rough around the edges and pretty repetitive. I would go straight for infamous 2 and watch catch up vids of infamous 1 story :p

That thread has... gone places

It's absolutely hilarious to read through though :lol

I said a few things about the game and bounced. Some of the comments are pure bait.

Infamous 1 was rough around the edges and pretty repetitive. I would go straight for infamous 2 and watch catch up vids of infamous 1 story :p

I own and have played through a bit of 2, but I stopped and decided I wanted to try the first one. I'm one of those weird people that absolutely have to play games in order, heh.

Noi

Good Good. Now preorder DmC.

You're a bad person. At least tell them to buy BioShock Infinite or Tekken Tag 2. :(

Listen to this man! I'd still play inFamous 1 myself though, since I think it does a few things better than 2, but 2 is the better overall game.

I ordered Killzone 2 because of it.
It being really cheap helped too.

I might do this. I seriously never expected to like Radec as much as I do, and I've only ever played KZ3 co-op at a friend's place. Why can't we just have a game with the Hellghast as the main characters instead of the boring good guys?

Listen to this man! I'd still play inFamous 1 myself though, since I think it does a few things better than 2, but 2 is the better overall game.

The ending of Infamous one is worth playing the game for. But yeah, Infamous 2 is an improvment in every area... Although I miss the Blood Lightning. :(

TheMink

I really want to get my hands on more characters. I pretty much exclusively play as Radec in the beta, and while the others are definitely not bad, I'm not the biggest fan of how they play.

Kind of ironic considering that at one point, I thought to myself that it'd be nice if the game had less gun users, yet the character I like the most is the one with all the guns. Pretty much leaves me open to liking any character at this point.

Edit: Man, has the Kamiya thread seriously gone on more than 1,000 posts? I like the guy and his games, but to get that reaction just from one tweet...

The tweet was just an excuse for haters to come out. His tweet was virtually irrelevant to all the dumbassery that went down.

Miutsu

The ending of Infamous one is worth playing the game for. But yeah, Infamous 2 is an improvment in every area... Although I miss the Blood Lightning. :(

I loved Infamous 1 all the way to the end, havent played 2 yet but I know I'll love it all the same, so yeah I recommend playing 1.

TheMink

I loved Infamous 1 all the way to the end, havent played 2 yet but I know I'll love it all the same, so yeah I recommend playing 1.

I played infamous 1 for like 6 hours straight a few days before infamous 2 came out just to finally get my platinum for it, and when you play a game for that much time in a row you find out everything you hate about it lol... Consequently I didn't actually enjoy infamous 2, despite it being superior in every way, just because I was all infamoused out :p

From the hate thread:

Urvan said:
It's a rip off and you know better Sony fan boys, it's not even a good rip off from what I saw there's a barely any strategy involved in this game,they ripped off the worst side of Smash the thing that plagued brawl competitiveness (atleast you can disable it on brawl) and made it into the main mechanic of the game, I'm talking about the "Supers" and they didn't rip off the good part, they didn't copy the knock out, in a way they wanted to make it unique, but what they did is just like taking the cover of SSBB and scratching off (Super Smash Bros. Brawl) and put (PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale) on top of it with crayons and tape Kratos picture with a bunch Play station characters. Only fan boys will deny the fact that it's a rip off, but even if it was. Why is it a bad Rip off? Why did they add a stupid system that ruins the fun of the game ? Did they think by putting such stupid system will magically make their game original ? atleast if you want to copy a game do it right, because most of the people aren't blind from the truth that PSABR is a SSB. clone, so changing the game's system is like buying a cake for your kid's birth day from the bakery and add some cream on top of it and say to your kid "Mommy made this cake for you" but we all know that you bought that cake from the bakery, and the kid knows that but he didn't want to make his mom to look like a liar.

tumblr_m4iab6XRVI1r4kh3do1_500.gif

Drago

Man if that thread becomes a graveyard and I get a ban for posting in there...

haha, it really is too much

It may not roll off the tongue as well as "this literally makes me sick" but I think we have a classic post on our hands.

PS All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| A cake from the bakery

Alternatively, PS All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Nintendo PlayStation

Noi

The biggest thing I liked in inFamous 1 more than 2 was the enemy variety and the city itself. Every city you unlocked had very different enemies you could find, and some of the enemy encounters were a lot more enjoyable and varied as a result.

In the second game, you're introduced to almost 3/4 of the enemies very early on, which you then fight until near the end of the game when the
ice soldiers
finally show up and become common, then they're the only enemies you fight. It got kinda tiresome. Plus inFamous 2 had the city section covered in water, which was awful.

Ice powers are so good though. Mmmm, ice launcher.

Gorillaz

Man if that thread becomes a graveyard and I get a ban for posting in there...

haha, it really is too much

PS All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| A cake from the bakery

Alternatively, PS All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Nintendo PlayStation
Im honestly hoping I don't get caught in the crossfire for that future graveyard of a thread. I feel basically everyone will get fucked up in it

TheMink

People keep saying that we "fanboys" (never mind that i play and own all systems) are claiming its not a rip off...
Did any of you say that? Cause I didn't see anyone say that... So um... Why do people think it...

OF COURSE ITS A FREAKING RIP OFF!!!! The real issue is, why does anyone care?

Anywho, sorry bout' that. Back to infamous and stuffs :3

EDIT: idk why I keep looking at that thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom