• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation All Stars Battle Royale Discussion thread [Up: Leakfest #11]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ploid 3.0

If I get banned for posting in that thread I'll haunt everyone with sly cooper in the beta. I'll study how to troll with him and perfect it.

TheMink

I only posted like 4 times in that thread, and all of them were nice comments despite the hate.
I hope i don't get banned ;_;

Why don't we just have an "I'm Spartacus" moment and all post something in the thread like "I like PlayStation All Stars" and never speak of it again?
Nah that one post is too funny

EDIT: to the above^

They might be able to ban all of us :p

3858674045_9f15a58185.jpg

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I stayed in that thread as long as I could trying to pull the discussion away from the "is PSAS a ripoff?" question into a "why does it matter/is it worth getting upset about" one, which I thought could be an insightful one for both sides. Obviously that was a huge mistake. There is no taming that thread. It was lost from the moment Bayonetta was called a ripoff of DMC.

Still they can call me an idiot for comparing Okami to Zelda, they can ban me for engaging in heated discussions, but no matter what happens, no regrets.

Sid

The point is the very familiar family friendly nature of all stars,putting the sony mascots in it and on a 2.5d plane makes it a bloody ripoff i don't think anyone would say otherwise but according to the impressions it plays differently enough to be it's own game so it isn't a ripoff that way also the amount of hate this game has received across the board must be very disheartening for sony and superbot,i honestly don't think there will be another all-stars

IMO superbot should have done a 2.5d or 3d fighting game with a more mature theme,hyper relaistic visuals,not a party game with realistic fighting,blood and all that,something to completely stand alone in the genre with tons of first and third party characters

Jawmuncher

Ok so anyone have ideas on what the trophies are going to be like?
I'm hoping they go for some creative stuff and nothing crazy when it comes to MP.
(Honestly I think Online MP, Local, and just playing with bots should count towards whatever trophies they do.

Noi

I don't like multiplayer trophies in general cause they're more often than not just "grind out x amount of matches until the trophy pops" type ones. Uncharted 2 and 3 had it right by only requiring you to play the game modes once and that was it.

There's no fighter with online play that doesn't have online trophies though... sigh.

Raonak

Banned
I don't like multiplayer trophies in general cause they're more often than not just "grind out x amount of matches until the trophy pops" type ones. Uncharted 2 and 3 had it right by only requiring you to play the game modes once and that was it.

There's no fighter with online play that doesn't have online trophies though... sigh.

IIRC Tekken 6 had very minimal online trophies. I think play 30 matches was the hardest online trophy. which itself was easy, no need to win, just play.

Most of it's trophies were tried with the scenerio campaign mode.

Noi

IIRC Tekken 6 had very minimal online trophies. I think play 30 matches was the hardest online trophy. which itself was easy, no need to win, just play.

Most of it's trophies were tried with the scenerio campaign mode.

I haven't played either, but I have heard that it and Tekken Tag HD have the easiest trophy lists for a fighting game (with a platinum, cause VF5 would be a contender otherwise). They get my approval!

Still doesn't take away from my point that online trophies are usually terrible though. :D

Jawmuncher

I haven't played either, but I have heard that it and Tekken Tag HD have the easiest trophy lists for a fighting game (with a platinum, cause VF5 would be a contender otherwise). They get my approval!

Still doesn't take away from my point that online trophies are usually terrible though. :D

I agree Online trophies for the most part are.
Since for me when it comes to this kind of game you can do a ton of games from the couch with friends over.

My stats in brawl are huge with the amount me and my friends played together.
Online on the other hand we played a total of 15 minutes. So if this game want to have stuff like win 1000 matches. At least let it carry across all modes

Noi

I agree Online trophies for the most part are.
Since for me when it comes to this kind of game you can do a ton of games from the couch with friends over.

My stats in brawl are huge with the amount me and my friends played together.
Online on the other hand we played a total of 15 minutes. So if this game want to have stuff like win 1000 matches. At least let it carry across all modes

To be fair, it's hard to want to keep playing Brawl online for even 3 minutes, let alone 1000 matches. :p

At least, as the beta has shown, the online actually works. That alone will make me use it way more than I did Brawl's, and MAN did I try to tolerate that for the longest time.

Flawless.

There shouldn't be trophies that are like "Win 10 matches in a row" because that leads to rage quitting.

Well, it sounds like the easiest way to prevent that is to make disconnects reset your wins. That's assuming that some developers really want that type of trophy/achievement in their game.

Persona 4 Arena has a few, but they aren't about win streaks. They range from stuff like play 100 online games (win or lose) to getting certain ranks. Those are fine and I don't think that it'd be bad for All Stars to have something like that.

Well, it sounds like the easiest way to prevent that is to make disconnects reset your wins. That's assuming that some developers really want that type of trophy/achievement in their game.

Persona 4 Arena has a few, but they aren't about win streaks. They range from stuff like play 100 online games (win or lose) to getting certain ranks. Those are fine and I don't think that it'd be bad for All Stars to have something like that.

They'll always find a way to circumvent disconnect losses.

And like I said, those "play 100 matches" kind of trophies are fine, because they don't encourage players to ragequit/turtle/act like assholes.

Noi

Arcsys have smarted up on their online trophies since their BBCT days which, if I recall, did have "win 100 ranked matches" esque trophies.

Still, that goes back to my dislike of grindy online trophies. Just playing online is better than HAVING to win, but it's still basically "play online until you get it". With the variety of game modes PSBR is supposed to have, a better idea would be to have a trophy for trying out every game mode online. That would make people try out everything instead of just sticking to one mode, and makes them more appealing to go for.

Yeah the multiplayer trophies are hopefully not as hilariously bad as say, Resistance 2 or Blazblue Calamity Trigger. The funny thing is CT had the score attack mode trophy that was a JOKE but the online wasn't too bad, then Continuum Shift had the level 50 trophy that was a griiiiiiiind to get. I don't think anything can touch Warhawk's trophies though, ugh. Since this game is for both casuals and hardcore people, hopefully the list is pretty balanced and fun.

Also that thread... just wow. I posted like, twice and both times it was just to assert that the game is NOT a rip off, it is inspired by SSB, they never tried to deny that, but it is definitely not a rip off. :\

Shahed

I think probably the main reason I don't want online trophies is because I'm not very good at fighters. In fact I'm quite bad at them.

I'll freely admit now that I'll probably play this game far less than the majority of people here, and would normally barely go online bar a few occasions. It's one of the reasons I didn't request a beta code. Sure I'd like one to try the game, but it'd better off going to someone who'd try it now extensively. I'll just wait for a public beta.

I'll do all the offline content though. All the different modes and try to unlock everything there is in the game. I enjoy stuff like that.

In the end though, the main reason for me getting this game is because it's a celebration of Playstation, just like why I get Smash for Nintendo stuff. I've followed this game more than any other in recent memory because I'm interested in the possible characters/stages that will be represented in such a game. A lot of it is up in the air, and I find all the speculation and mystery exciting.

Anyways, no online trophies! Or easy ones :)

SmithnCo

Phh, there has to be online trophies. I want it to take months to get, like the UMVC3/SSF4 AE set.

Yeah. I want the trophies to take a while to get. Rank trophies might encourage disconnecting but if they have a good system in place to punish disconnecters, I think it would work out.

I really wish that they would add the scores people are on throughout the match, it would really increase the meta game that is points gained for kills versus deaths. People with a Big lead would become targets, and you'd know who you need to focus on to gain first place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom