• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation All Stars Battle Royale Discussion thread [Up: Leakfest #11]

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuuKyK

Why thank you!

Now all I need is tag that says The Prophet :D

Where is Lightning though?

iQeb8yAgyT8Wc.gif

LuuKyK

Shh, shh...in due time, my friend. In due time. :p

I have been playing through FF13 and soon FF13-2 so I think I am too hyped...I will fall hard if she isn't in, hahahah

Kind of embarrassing to see that you didn't platinumed them both yet. Shame Reign, shame.

Lol yeah my prophecy first needs to come true :p

Edit: Still 90% correct would be pretty good, but I wouldn't ask for prophet status if i got everyone but lightning.
I don't doubt lightning though.

If Lightning is in you will be promoted to God status automatically.

Gorillaz

Shh, shh...in due time, my friend. In due time. :p

I have been playing through FF13 and soon FF13-2 so I think I am too hyped...I will fall hard if she isn't in, hahahah
Love/hate thing with FF13 for me. But lightning sazh were the only 2 likable characters in the story to me lol.

Boss Man

Lol yeah my prophecy first needs to come true :p

Edit: Still 90% correct would be pretty good, but I wouldn't ask for prophet status if i got everyone but lightning.
I don't doubt lightning though.
Did you ever get to talk to him again about Musashi or if there are any remaining first party characters (beyond the leak)?

Did you ever get to talk to him again about Musashi or if there are any remaining first party characters (beyond the leak)?

Now I'm thinking about what if this is it. I don't think it is at all.
But who's in aside, do you think anybody will ever straight up tell us who is in the "Kat Picture"?? What if the game comes out and we still can't put our finger on it!?!?

Boss Man

But who's in aside, do you think anybody will ever straight up tell us who is in the "Kat Picture"?? What if the game comes out and we still can't put our finger on it!?!?
Maybe after we see some characters in action we'll be able to place it.

It was probably Sir Dan or Spike.

I NEEEEEEED Kat in this game!!!! SUPERBOT! HEAR ME!

I mean look

<-------------------------

How could you deny that!?

Boss Man

Yeah I guesso. Hmm maybe it's time I change my avatar to suit a desire character...I can't decide who I want in the most. A lot of good choices out there.
I still think a car from Gran Turismo should be a playable character.

I'd change my avatar to a cartoony car if I could.

k_Reign

Kind of embarrassing to see that you didn't platinumed them both yet. Shame Reign, shame.

If Lightning is in you will be promoted to God status automatically.

Well, I haven't beaten 13 yet but I will go for Platinum! As long as I can do everything like, right before the final boss. After 13 I'll play 13-2.......eventually. :p

But yeah, I have a grand total of 1 platinum and that is an easy one: Jak and Daxter

LuuKyK

Well, I haven't beaten 13 yet but I will go for Platinum! As long as I can do everything like, right before the final boss. After 13 I'll play 13-2.......eventually. :p

But yeah, I have a grand total of 1 platinum and that is an easy one: Jak and Daxter

Don't even bother with the platinum on XIII. As much as I love the game, there are some trophies there that are just masochism, really (Damn you Long Gui and your trapezohedrons). XIII-2 is easier though. Both are so much fun! As I talk about them, I just want to play it again for the forth (?) time. t_t

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I never played Jak 2, only 1 and 3. I never beat 3, because I was waiting for the inevitable HD remaster once those came in vogue.

I still have my PS2 copies of Jak 1 and 3.

Anyway, I rebought Heavenly Sword last week, and it finally came in today. I love that damn game, so I'm going to play it for a little bit tonight before bed. So much unnecessary hate for that title, just because it came out at a time when it was media and internet sanctioned to hate on the PS3 and all of its games, regardless of quality (and truth told, the PS3 had a really, really solid year one: Resistance: Fall of Man, VF5, Motorstorm, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Heavenly Sword, Warhawk, Folklore, Unreal Tournament 3, Ratchet and Clank: ToD, Uncharted: DF - that's a fricking good year one lineup!).

I really hope it's true that Nariko is in the game, because I'd love to see her in action. She ws a badass in HS.

Jeff-DSA

I would like to hear more. And what is "a lot" at E3?
For anyone: Is it weird I never go online to bash games? I don't want to talk about any games I don't like haha. And I am having a blast in the beta, really enjoying it. Telling me it isn't good/is a ripoff isn't going to make me enjoy it less.

I don't want to diminish anybody's enjoyment of the game through criticism. You simply asked how anybody who had a PS3 could dislike the game, so I gave my reasons.

The game just feels soulless to me. It's derivative, for sure, but it doesn't really do anything better. The characters were cool to see, but the battle system felt totally imbalanced (obviously there's time to fix this), but the supers were pretty lame in comparison to a well-timed smash. And there's no escaping the Smash Bros. comparisons here, which is unfortunate for this game because it falls short in just about every way aside from graphics.

I put in time with every character more than once. I just didn't walk away with any sort of excitement. I just feel that if you're going to ape another game's premise, you have to do better or at least on par with their offering or everything just falls flat.

I don't want to diminish anybody's enjoyment of the game through criticism. You simply asked how anybody who had a PS3 could dislike the game, so I gave my reasons.

The game just feels soulless to me. It's derivative, for sure, but it doesn't really do anything better. The characters were cool to see, but the battle system felt totally imbalanced (obviously there's time to fix this), but the supers were pretty lame in comparison to a well-timed smash. And there's no escaping the Smash Bros. comparisons here, which is unfortunate for this game because it falls short in just about every way aside from graphics.

I put in time with every character more than once. I just didn't walk away with any sort of excitement. I just feel that if you're going to ape another game's premise, you have to do better or at least on par with their offering or everything just falls flat.

Oh Okay you just didn't like it.
*adjusts score*

Crow eaters:100---
Crow dishers 3.

Endo Punk

Having too played the Beta I completely agree with Jeff, it does feel soulless and lacking excitement. I truly feel it has potential that may well be realised in a sequel but right now it just feels bad and a marketing tool for 3rd party developers.

This is not the Battle Royale I have been anticipating for 10 years.

cyborg009

Banned
Having too played the Beta I completely agree with Jeff, it does feel soulless and lacking excitement. I truly feel it has potential that may well be realised in a sequel but right now it just feels bad and a marketing tool for 3rd party developers.

This is not the Battle Royale I have been anticipating for 10 years.

Well it is a Beta :p

but I agree about the marketing tool for 3rd party characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom