• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation All Stars Battle Royale Discussion thread [Up: Leakfest #11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
iOEcPWqzCLgVb.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0y6l5EgvI0I

Now I want him in the game. :(

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
You guys can't defend evil cole by say he's not a full character and then keep adding him to your character list numbers. Going by you guy's definition of evil cole, this game had 19 characters after the beta leak and Ryu H. would make 20.

New title says "Up: Leaftest 11" but I didn't actually see an update to the OP.

What was leaked? I see some mentions of a bunch of Tekken characters. I'm confused.

I am not so sure about anything anymore.

There's definitely a lot more to this game than what you'd think at first glance. Before the minion leak a while ago, I thought the amount of characters/cameos in the final game would be a bit disappointing, but when you see leaks like this, it throws those worries out the window and they make you keep guessing on what it is they're even gonna do with them.

SSReborn

New title says "Up: Leaftest 11" but I didn't actually see an update to the OP.

What was leaked? I see some mentions of a bunch of Tekken characters. I'm confused.

The OP has never been updated since the announcement of the game because the thread starter has never come back. So that is the reason for that.

Shahed

Meh to more tekken characters. Namco has the Naruto license its a long shot but it would be cool to see a character from there in the game. The Ultimate ninja series was exclusive to PS for a long ass time and sold millions on PS hardware.

Having Ryu is kickass though.

I may like Naruto, but I think Bleach is the more likely of the two.

Would not want either though

SSReborn

It seems that there may be more Third Parties then we initially anticipated. From what I can tell they aren't making this just a "Sony Brawler" and instead are going the with its a fight among stars from Playstation games. They are also playing up the who would win in a fight aspect of this game.

If we go by the Rumors/Leaks we have a cumulative third party list of:

Concrete Leaks
Big Daddy
Heihachi
Raiden
Dante
Ryu Hyabuza
-----------
Strong Rumors
Lightning
Connor
Snake

(Gonna ignore Kazuya and Jin for now)

Which again raises that issue that I brought up last time about the inevitable sequel. How will they be able to ensure these people get brought back into the next installment of the game. If I really like Ryu Hyabuza as a character basically I'm screwed if he isn't in the sequel?

What will you players who are planning to main a third party do? Have a third party and first party favorite as back up?

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
It seems that there may be more Third Parties then we initially anticipated. From what I can tell they aren't making this just a "Sony Brawler" and instead are going the with its a fight among stars from Playstation games. They are also playing up the who would win a fight aspect of this game.

If we go by the Rumors/Leaks we have a cumulative third party list of:

Concrete Leaks
Big Daddy
Heihachi
Raiden
Dante
Ryu Hyabuza
-----------
Strong Rumors
Lightning
Connor
Snake

(Gonna ignore Kazuya and Jin for now)

Which again raises that issue that I brought up last time about the inevitable sequel. How will they be able to ensure these people get brought back into the next installment of the game. If I really like Ryu Hyabuza as a character basically I'm screwed if he isn't in the sequel?

What will you players who are planning to main a third party do? Have a third party and first party favorite as back up?

My only reservation with Ryu H being concrete is that what if the web designer didn't really know about the absolute final roster yet, and just threw up some random pics he had, either assuming it wouldn't be looked at so closely, or wanting to cause trouble just like with the guy causing trouble with the ssb tag thing on that youtube vid.

I can see the web designer knowing a week in advance the stuff that needs to be revealed, like with Raiden and Sackboy for gamescom, but would they really tell him stuff that won't be revealed for a while now? And if the two tekkan characters and Ryu H were to be revealed at gamescom, wouldn't they have a bigger presence on the leaked site?

Shahed

I'm not so sure about having so many third party characters. When this game was first announced, I was looking forward to a mesh of loads of Sony characters, with a few odd iconic 3rd parties thrown in

Too many 3rd party characters could ruin that

SSReborn

My only reservation with Ryu H being concrete is that what if the web designer didn't really know about the absolute final roster yet, and just threw up some random pics he had, either assuming it wouldn't be looked at so closely, or wanting to cause trouble just like with the guy causing trouble with the ssb tag thing on that youtube vid.

I can see the web designer knowing a week in advance the stuff that needs to be revealed, like with Raiden and Sackboy for gamescom, but would they really tell him stuff that won't be revealed for a while now?

Well, we could take it with a big grain of salt I meant concrete in the way of we actual have a visual image from him directly from the dev. Whereas the other characters have been rumored but not in a way that links back to the developer.

In the case of the SSB thing I really don't think that was an accident I think Sony wanted All Stars to come up when people searched SSB on youtube but it ended up backfiring on them and they promptly pulled it down.

I'm not so sure about having so many third party characters. When this game was first announced, I was looking forward to a mesh of loads of Sony characters, with a few odd iconic 3rd parties thrown in

Too many 3rd party characters could ruin that

I'd rather have a cool third party character with close relations to PS than a lame first party one.

Shahed

I'd rather have a cool third party character with close relations to PS than a lame first party one.

I'd agree with that, as long as they actually have a close relation with PlayStation. I'm worried that might not always be the case though, a la Big Daddy. Ryu would be the same to a lesser extent

Loudninja

Wow we hit 18,000 posts!

If Ryu is a character thats would be really awesome.

Raiden,Ryu,Dante,Kratos, Nariko hmm that's delicious.

Jawmuncher

Ryu does makes sense thanks to the 2 Sigma versions on PS3.
I seriously can't wait to see the final roster since there seems to be some surprises in store for everyone.

Loudninja

PS blog comments:
+ Ray Ray Shen on August 8th, 2012 at 10:52 pm said:
Being a core part of combat, all levels of super are being balanced and tweaked to reward skillful play.
As for preorder information, more announcements should be coming soon!

+ Ray Ray Shen on August 8th, 2012 at 6:48 pm said:
Stay tuned for our future announcements. There are a lot of exciting things to be shared!
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...-stars-parappa-strategy-video/#comment-742436

I'd agree with that, as long as they actually have a close relation with PlayStation. I'm worried that might not always be the case though, a la Big Daddy. Ryu would be the same
Why does that matter? Really.

I'd rather an awesome cast of the best possible third party characters than a half assed list of characters with some imagined bond to Playstation. I'd rather they go all out. Let Smash Bros dip a toe into the river of potential that third party characters offer. What other game could potentially let you put Dante, Kratos, Ryu and Raiden in the same battle?

Loudninja

Why does that matter? Really.

I'd rather an awesome cast of the best possible third party characters than a half assed list of characters with some imagined bond to Playstation. I'd rather they go all out. Let Smash Bros dip a toe into the river of potential that third party characters offer. What other game could potentially let you put Dante, Kratos, Ryu and Raiden in the same battle?
I agree with that,having Big Daddy is very awesome to me and I am glad he is in it.

BadWolf

Raiden,Ryu,Dante,Kratos, Nariko hmm that's delicious.

This would be so amazing if true, something I would have pretty much thought impossible to ever happen previously. Still surprised Sony was able to secure the new Dante and Raiden (before their own games are even released).

They're lucky Jean (God hand) can't make it though, he would kick all of their asses into the milky way easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom