• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation All Stars Battle Royale Discussion thread [Up: Leakfest #11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
even then tekken hasn't been a ps3 exclusive in a while

T6 was on the xbox iirc
TTT2 is PS360
Tekken was also on the 3DS

lastly heihachi looked insanely boring at EVO.

SmithnCo

So for those in the beta, with objectivity please, how is the game right now? Good, okay, awesome, crappy, problematic?

There are a good amount of annoying glitches and the UI and sound effects are not final, but the base gameplay is pretty satisfying. The combo and super system are really fun. Some of the presentation and sound definitely needs to be worked on, and for the final game I hope they make landing supers feel more eventful than they do now, probably through more polished sound design.

So for those in the beta, with objectivity please, how is the game right now? Good, okay, awesome, crappy, problematic?

Great with limited characters, stages and items. Great netcode when it works but there are ton of glitches (tho the type that 100% will be fixed). The game itself is solid but it shows its still a beta.

And you guys got it all wrong. Heihachi is Soul Calibur rep, Kazuya is Tekken rep and Jin is Namco x Capcom rep.

lastly heihachi looked insanely boring at EVO.
He looks like 90% how he is in Tekken with few joke moves included lol. I think he looks awesome.

even then tekken hasn't been a ps3 exclusive in a while

Does this count? :p

TekkenHyrbid_PS3_CvrSht_092611boxart_160h.jpg

Noi

ehhhhhhhh I guess kinda? But if thats the case then you can say nintendo has had a tekken exclusive on the 3ds

Well, MOST of Tekken has a history with Sony consoles at least, to the point where Heihachi was the guest character in the PS2 version of Soul Calibur II. The younger form is totally a PS All-star from way back in the day too, so I do think he's fine as part of the roster.

Khezu

I can kinda understand having 3 tekken characters(not really) but why choose the 3 fucking mishimas? Should have went paul or nina, or the chinese girl who's name I'm not even going to try to spell.

Having Raiden, Ryu, Dante(fake), Kratos, and Nariko all in the same game is pretty cool. Only missing Bayonetta, though I doubt this game could do her justice.

Hero

3 Tekken representatives would be unnecessary. If you have to get more than one Namco representative at least pull Mitsurugi or Sophitia or Ivy from Soul Calibur.

I also don't see how Ryu Hayabusa is associated with the Playstation brand at all other than getting late ports of the first two games in the series.

Metal B

I can kinda understand having 3 tekken characters(not really) but why choose the 3 fucking mishimas? Should have went paul or nina, or the chinese girl who's name I'm not even going to try to spell.

There easy to make clone characters or characters in general, because they already have an set of moves. It could be just laziness ...

Having Raiden, Ryu, Dante(fake), Kratos, and Nariko all in the same game is pretty cool. Only missing Bayonetta, though I doubt this game could do her justice.

You must of missed http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=485438

Ploid 3.0

Bayonetta is Sega's property, like V.Joe, Dante, and Amataratsu is capcoms. Also Dante is in this game apparently and he created Dante too. Though I doubt Bayonetta would fit here, the port for Bayonetta was worse on PS3 (still playable, it's the only one I own). Though it probably wouldn't matter, Bioshock is here so why not.

I would like Bayonetta in this, or Rodin.

because they are just alternative costumes for Heihachi? Taking the game's more simple approach to a movelist, all Mishima characters use the same moves.

Paul should definately be another Tekken character if they add more of them. And Ling Xiaoyu, just say Ling :D

Mush

I hope the Tekken characters are part of this whole "minions" thing because if they can get 3 slots and my boi Wander doesn't make it in I will be very very very very very unhappy.

Ploid 3.0

I hope they aren't dlc. Screw dlc before the game is even finished, if they are planning to work on it in the future like LBP's plans for Disney and Square fine.

Hypereides

Gold Member
Thinking about it, Paul did mention the photo of him in fighting stance was a hint. So I guess Jin/Kazuya is "confirmed".

I think those tekken characters are playable but dlc only.

Thats what I'd like to believe aswell. 3 tekken characters from one franchise is pushing it, compared to all the potentially cool 1st party characters gallery they've yet got to choose from.

Hypereides

Gold Member
Reading some of the last few pages, I gotta say some of you are rushing to conclusions.

Its looking like this roster is going to be huge, I think we're nearing the high end of 25+. Maybe even 30 characters total, or above.

Jawmuncher

Well brawl had what 35 characters?
(Though that was of course the 3rd game in the series)

Then it included 41 stages.

I think PSA may be bigger than a lot of people are thinking.
Since it really does look like for once that the leak from a HDD actually doesnt contain the whole story.

Zabuza

Banned
Well brawl had what 35 characters?
(Though that was of course the 3rd game in the series)

Then it included 41 stages.

I think PSA may be bigger than a lot of people are thing.
Since it really does look like for once that the leak from a HDD actually doesnt contain the whole story.

I hope it's big, as long as it leaves room for a sequel.

Hypereides

Gold Member
I'm almost willing to bet the roster will be under 25

Well thus far we have hypothetically approx, 20 characters total. Throwing Jin, Kazuya and Ryu in there, we're reaching somewhere around 23.

If Paul's hint about a (J)RPG character is correct - that we've yet got to see - we're counting 24 characters.

Also, excluding the unlockable characters that may exist and presumebly the last boss we may surpass above 25.

But thats just my theory anyway.

Well thus far we have hypothetically approx, 20 characters total. Throwing Jin, Kazuya and Ryu in there, we're reaching somewhere around 23.

If Paul's hint about a (J)RPG character is correct - that we've yet got to see - we're counting 24 characters.

Also, excluding the unlockable characters that may exist and presumebly the last boss we may surpass above 25.

But thats just my theory anyway.

Some of the leaked/known characters might be unlockable. And I still don't think Jin and Kazuya are playable characters.

I-hate-u

I hope the Tekken characters are part of this whole "minions" thing because if they can get 3 slots and my boi Wander doesn't make it in I will be very very very very very unhappy.

Same goes for Kazuma Kiryu. Yakuza has been integral to the PS2/psp and PS3. Not to mention the fact that it is an exclusive third party franchise. He just has to be in the game

HiiiLife

I sure hope you guys are right about the two Tekken characters being background minions cause the thought of two other IPs being replaced liked that is disappointing.

Drencrom

Damn, another leak. Ryu is a surprising and great addition, Nariko, Sackboy and Rathcet&Clank are no-brainers.
Hopefully the two new Tekken characters are costumes to Heihachi or something, otherwise it's just ridiculous.

Pein

Banned
Meh to more tekken characters. Namco has the Naruto license its a long shot but it would be cool to see a character from there in the game. The Ultimate ninja series was exclusive to PS for a long ass time and sold millions on PS hardware.

Having Ryu is kickass though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom