• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation All Stars Battle Royale Discussion thread [Up: Leakfest #11]

Status
Not open for further replies.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I can't really see who a Demons Souls rep would be.

1286839520057.jpg

or this guy
K1WhZ.jpg

Really though, not having Ico, Wander or any DS character (all of whom practice combat in their games) is pretty bizarre.

I can't really see who a Demons Souls rep would be.

They could make it the bound soul and give him various weapons and magic attacks and dress him in the fluted knight armor that has kind of become the face of the game. Or they could put someone like ostrava or Bior in. Or a villian like King allant. Or Yuria for more feminine energy.

Also I just remembered that sony owns the rights to soul sacrifice. Could be fertile ground for a character.

DirtyLary

Something is odd. Why would a professional company just copy paste the art from previous games and not use their own artists who are re-imaging these characters into their artistic style of the game.

Seems fishy.

Boss Man

i bet we'll see sackboy and raiden at gamecon....i did like to see their move sets, still....
Yeah, if that site is anything to go by you're probably right. We're supposed to get 3-4 though, and I wouldn't be surprised if we saw more since the leak happened (although I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't either).

I want to see Ratchet & Clank in action.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Something is odd. Why would a professional company just copy paste the art from previous games and not use their own artists who are re-imaging these characters into their artistic style of the game.

Seems fishy.

Seems pretty common for web design to me. Hell a lot of companies just throw up a poorly photoshoped imagine as the boxart for their game (remember the IGN-Okami snafu?).

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, if that site is anything to go by you're probably right. We're supposed to get 3-4 though, and I wouldn't be surprised if we saw more since the leak happened (although I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't either).

I want to see Ratchet & Clank in action.

2 tekken characters plus sackboy plus raiden = 4 characters.

Raiden, Nariko, Dante, Ryu

Now having only played MGS and Heavenly Sword, I may have misinterpreted a character's playstyle but this seems like a lot of spin-style sword play here. In terms of gameplay (which I care more about than familiarity) this really seems unappealing to have so many of this type of fighter to me.

Boss Man

2 tekken characters plus sackboy plus raiden = 4 characters.
"See guys, we've been working on all of this other stuff since those early beta files!"

...nah, I really doubt all of those Tekken characters are going to be playable. ...I hope not anyway.

Now having only played MGS and Heavenly Sword, I may have misinterpreted a character's playstyle but this seems like a lot of spin-style sword play here. In terms of gameplay (which I care more about than familiarity) this really seems unappealing to have so many of this type of fighter to me.
In terms of gameplay the third party characters are actually pretty incredible. Plus, if the beta is anything to go by, they will all feel very unique.

I just happen to care a lot about their status as a PS All-Star, so it doesn't sit well. Will still be fun though.

I just realized something. Dante, Kratos and Ryu in the same game. If by the grace of God we get real Dante then we have the action game trifecta. Now all we need is Gene...

There is a complete lack of sword characters at the moment

Raiden and Ryu may be similar though, we will have to see

In reality, they should be able to differentiate them easily enough. There are hundreds of possible moves for each

Boss Man

Paul Gale? Where are you Paul Gale?

Talk to us about Tekken.

Someone shine the giant Paul Gale face light into the sky so he comes over here.

Gartooth

Jesus Christ the thing about Jin and Kazuya also being playable better not be real. 3rd party choices are just a mess with this game.

Oh well at least Ryu is in so that I can reminisce about the days that I played Ninja Gaiden on my PS2.
:p

Call me crazy, but I seriously think that picture is just pieced together from existing pieces of art. I don't know why SuperBot would do it, though. Perhaps they were pressed for time, or maybe they just didn't want to put their actual assets in a banner.

I'm going to ignore this for the most part. We'll just see what they have when they officially reveal it.

Call me crazy, but I seriously think that picture is just pieced together from existing pieces of art. I don't know why SuperBot would do it, though. Perhaps they were pressed for time, or maybe they just didn't want to put their actual assets in a banner.

I'm going to ignore this for the most part. We'll just see what they have when they officially reveal it.

It is pieced together from existing pieces of art lol. Ratchet, Ryu, Jin, Kazuya, Cole are all old art and Parappa is from the old retard face Title Fight era.

I think it's just some placeholder.

I really do get the sense they are toying with people. Lol. To them this keeps them in the news and talked about and it doesn't really say anything or confirm anything. If all this is intentional its some pretty brilliant viral marketing.

DirtyLary

My thoughts too. For THE GAME to represent the company , why so many shortcuts.

Something isn't right.

It is but they wouldn't be putting things in that weren't a part of the game in some capacity. I think the mishimas will be cameos or skins. But I think Ryu Hyabusa is basically confirmed. Which is awesome

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

I don't think its crazy to see some stock assets used for a single little banner on a website. I do find it weird though that Ryu Hayabusa would be thrown so far into the background when he seems like one of the biggest named characters they have right now, but I think that's still over thinking it.

Boss Man

3 Tekken characters shown, but not Evil Cole and Sir Dan , both confirmed. Yet another reason to think this is fishy.
I think more than that is missing. I don't think the picture is meant to show all of the playable characters. It's probably just a random ass, possibly old photo that someone used for a link because the design made sense.

Who knows. I certainly don't think it's fake though.

DirtyLary

wat

Just because they show off other characters doesn't disprove others

I can't believe they would spend 3 spots on 3rd party characters from the same game with such a huge pool of characters to pull from. Such a waste. If they are in, it's gotta be in some support cast role, like Little Sister.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Man, this game is god damn stacked. I know there are cherished characters that haven' been announced or leaked yet (Wanderer/Ico/Crash/Spyro/Snake), but all things considered this is a really well stacked game in terms of characters. I am damned impressed.

I think SuperBot just decided to use old assets of random characters to give the banner the impression of having a lot of characters.

They're not even using their own art of characters already revealed. If I had to guess, I think SuperBot didn't want to throw in images or shadows of secret characters, so they just picked some images off the Internet and set them in the background to give the illusion of quantity. They probably didn't think people would find the actual art they used to identify the characters.

It makes less sense now that I typed it out, but I find it hard to believe that there are three Tekken characters in this game.

scoobs

I guess I don't get what the big deal is. Why would you not buy the game just because there are tekken characters in it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom