• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation All Stars Battle Royale Discussion thread [Up: Leakfest #11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is one of the few times I'll ever say this sentence, but... where are the lists, people!? A thread like this needs lots of lists where everyone gives a reasonable, feasible roster of characters they'd like to see.

Quick, before E3 sucks away the fun speculative dreams!

Welp if I had to guess the roster and it would be the rumoured 24 here is my list. :3

1.Kratos
2.Fat Princess
3.Sly
4.Radec
5.Parappa
6.Sweet Tooth
7.Drake
8.Cole
9.Snake
10.Jak&Daxter
11.Ratchet&Clank
12.Crash Bandicoot
13.Spyro
14.Chimera
15.Sir Daniel
16.Sackboy
17.Assassins Creed Guy
18.Tekken Guy. Maybe Heihachi or Paul?
19.Lara Croft
20.Lightning/Cloud
21.Dante
22.Rayman
23.Nariko
24.Kat

KalBalboa

Banned
I'm hoping for a Solid Snake/Gabe Logan meetup during the campaign at some point. My inner eleven year old would squeal with joy.

Think we'll get a vague number for the amount of characters to expect? Over twenty, ideally?

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
flow-pc-game-screenshot-7.jpg

I would rather Raiden be included instead of Snake but if he is going to be in the game it needs to be Old Snake with his Octocamo.

And as for KevinB it makes no sense for him to be a playable character, he should be a stage announcer or character bio voice over.

KB would be perfect to narrate the characters story between bouts. Maybe not narrate everything but it would be awesome.

If he is a playable character, " pew pew" is all I'm saying.

TripOpt55

This is one of the few times I'll ever say this sentence, but... where are the lists, people!? A thread like this needs lots of lists where everyone gives a reasonable, feasible roster of characters they'd like to see.

I'm in. Here is the list I made up at some point (not sure if I posted it here):

Sweet Tooth
Parappa
Sir Daniel Fortesque
Gabe Logan
Crash
Lara Croft
Spyro
Snake
Final Fantasy Character
Legend of Dragoon Character
Kratos
Sly Cooper
Jak and Daxter
Ratchet and Clank
Wander
Jennifer Tate (Primal)
Rau (Mark of Kri)
Dark Cloud or Rogue Galaxy Character
Dante
Fat Princess
Radec
Ellen (Folklore)
Nathan Drake
Cole McGrath
Sackboy
Nariko
Kazuma Kiryu (Yakuza)
Kat (Gravity Rush/Daze)

I am not familiar with the rpg franchises, so not sure who'd be best to pick from those.

I've already engaged in a dream line-up in the thread, but what the hey. I think this is a pretty comprehensive list, with 24 characters (as rumoured, par the information Paul Gale has released), all from individual first and second party franchises, with no secondary clones acting as filler to the roster...

Sweet Tooth
Parappa The Rapper
Radec
Fat Princess
Sly Cooper
Kratos
Robbit (Jumping Flash!)
Nariko
Nathan Drake
Cole MacGrath
Sackboy
Kat (Gravity Daze)
Sir Daniel Fortesque
Jak & Daxter
Ratchet & Clank
Spike (Ape Escape)
Wander
Ico
Rose (Legend of Dragoon)
Gabe Logan
Tomba
Toro And Kuro
Chimera (Resistance)
Vibri (Vib Ribbon)

Third-party

Solid Snake
Cloud
Crash Bandicoot
Lara Croft
Kazuma Kiryu

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Tomba, please.

DIMBr.jpg

No head-bite, no sale

shink

Yeah, it might be just me but the R&C stage looks more colorful. Still looks kinda blurry but that might be because it's cam footage.

It does indeed look better, now my one big issue with the game is gone (Hopefully that rain stage doesn't look so hazy too)

Sponge

Banned
I understand the people suggesting Old Snake since that differentiates him from Snake in Brawl, but if it were me I'd choose Big Boss from MGS3.

Big Boss is literally the best Snake.

Drencrom

I understand the people suggesting Old Snake since that differentiates him from Snake in Brawl, but if it were me I'd choose Big Boss from MGS3.

Best would be if they made three diffrent Snake skins (hehe). One for Solid Snake, Naked Snake/Big Boss and Old Snake.

Could at least be potential
DLC
later on.

Sponge

Banned
Loving the skin idea you have there.

Also, this guy's been suggested before, but no harm in a friendly reminder.

237218-sdf_large.jpg

EDIT: Another thought just occurred to me

256px-TonyHawksProSkaterPlayStation1.jpg

I played this game to death on my PS1, this would be the king of WTF characters.

BadWolf

Not after MGS4, and especially Peace Walker.

MGS4 made me see Solid Snake in a whole new light, so well done.

Game looks great but Parappa seems very unbalanced. He reached power level 2 before everyone else was half way to one by using that boom box. Could be as simple as making each bubble that comes out give less to the power meter. Hard to say until you get to play yourself obviously, but judging from the videos he fills power meter way to fast in relation to the other characters.

yencid

oh god make it cross platform. We already have a ps3 so if i can play my vita and my brother the ps3 and fight each other that would be sweet.

I understand they are trying to make money and everything, but really with the Vita struggling in sales they should be packing a download voucher for the Vita version with the PS3 version all for $60. At least for the first run that hits store shelves.

Wishful thinking...

Agree, looks WAY better now. I wonder if they sharpened it up since the initial release and this press-only event that happened a few days ago? Is there any other videos elsewhere, fellow gaffers? I'm dying for more footage, really hating the seeming limit they gave for IGN ... that Gamespot video was like 6 or 7 minutes long though.

Luigiv

looks like the contrast was noticeably increased.

Impossible to say based off this footage. Being captured off-screen means the colours go through two additional stages of distortion that direct feed footage does not, therefore you can't compare the two.

Direct feed goes from, source -> screen, so that's only one level of distortion.
Off-screen goes from source -> screen -> camera -> screen, so that's three levels of distortion.

Every different screen and camera distorts colour in it's own unique way too, so the only way to legitimately make a colour comparison is to view only direct feed screens/footage on the same screen.

Welp if I had to guess the roster and it would be the rumoured 24 here is my list. :3

1.Kratos
2.Fat Princess
3.Sly
4.Radec
5.Parappa
6.Sweet Tooth
7.Drake
8.Cole
9.Snake
10.Jak&Daxter
11.Ratchet&Clank
12.Crash Bandicoot
13.Spyro
14.Chimera
15.Sir Daniel
16.Sackboy
17.Assassins Creed Guy
18.Tekken Guy. Maybe Heihachi or Paul?
19.Lara Croft
20.Lightning/Cloud
21.Dante
22.Rayman
23.Nariko
24.Kat

That's an acceptable list. I mean, some people would still complain but it's a really good list. I wouldn't care if it was the real roster.

Mh... I also want to throw in my character list. I tried to be reasonable :p

First Party:

PaRappa the Rapper series:
1) Parappa the Rapper

Killzone series:
2) Radec (alt. skin/clone = Sev?)

Twisted Metal series:
3) Sweet Tooth

Fat Princess games:
4) Fat Princess (pink and blue skins)

Sly series:
5) Sly Cooper

God of War series:
6) Kratos
7) Ares or Zeus

inFamous series:
8) Cole (good and evil versions)

Uncharted series:
9) Nathan Drake (alt. skin/clone = Sully and/or Elena)

Doko Demo Issyo / Toro games:
10) Toro (alt. skin/clone = Kuro)

MediEvil series:
11) Sir Daniel Fortesque

Heavenly Sword:
12) Nariko

Ratchet & Clank series:
13) Ratchet (&Clank?)
14) Dr. Nefarious

Jak and Daxter series:
15) Jak w/ Daxter

Primal:
16) Jennifer Tate

Resistance series:
17) Chimera (alt. skin/clone = Hale?)

Ape Escape series:
18) Spike

Syphon Filter series:
19) Gabe Logan

Shadow of the Colossus:
20) Wander

Crash Bandicoot series (if licensing works out):
21) Crash

Spyro series (if licensing works out):
22) Spyro (youngest version)

White Knight Chronicles series:
23) Leonard (alt. skin/clone = Black Knight)

LittleBigPlanet games:
24) Sackboy / Sackgirl (can mimic any of the other characters)

Third Party:

Metal Gear Solid series:
25) Solid Snake (alt. skin/clone = Old Snake and Big Boss)

Yakuza series:
26) Kazuma Kiryu

Final Fantasy games (if SE plays along):
27) Either Cloud or Squall or Tidus

Tekken series:
28) Either Jin or Kazuya or Heihachi

That's not even all possible franchises yet... I just can't imagine they will put in 30+ characters (not even counting clones). It's especially tricky if they want to put in a high amount of "real" villains as well (especially as many are not really suitable imo).

Stage-only franchises:

- Patapon
- Buzz
- Gran Turismo
- ICO
- Flow/Flower/Journey
- MotorStorm
- Siren
- echochrome
- Demon's Souls
- Wild Arms
(could be playable, but hard to pick one stand-out character?)
and more... the mixed stages allow a lot of stuff to put in...

Do we know how they handle it when people want to choose the same characters? 4 different outfits? or just colors?

I said this back on the original thread for speculation about this game before it was announced: I would absolutely love to have Yurt the Silent Chief or Blacksmith Boldwin from Demon's Souls as characters.

If I was going to go with any though, I'd say Blacksmith Boldwin just for the comedy factor. His introduction could be him raging with "I am Boldwin, and I am not going down without a fight!"

Very reasonable roster, Dave. I also hope the Gran Turismo and Motorstorm stages will be moving ones, just like the race tracks in Smash Bros. Imagine this mash-up: you're fighting in a regular Gran Turismo track, but on top of Big Rigs and Monster Trucks, with suicide boosters trying to ruin the fight, hahaha.

Those new gameplay videos are great. SuperBot Entertainment is seriously awesome if it already listened to community feedback and decided to tweak the colour palette. I mean, that was my primary concern following the game following the announcement.

Super reassuring to know that they're seriously tuned into their fanbase.

Nakiro

Why?

There are enough 3rd-Party-Franchises which made Playstation successful and have to be a part of this game.
I can't really think of many that made the Playstation successful as opposed to just those that happened to be on Playstation.

Metal Gear, Final Fantasy, Crash, Spyro and... yeah.
I'd rather have Tomba, Spike and Kat than go into obscure 3rd party lineup like Lara Croft or something silly like Tony Hawk.

Then again this is an All-Stars game not a game that's supposed to pay "respect" to franchises that happened to be on the system so who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom