• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation All Stars Battle Royale Discussion thread [Up: Leakfest #11]

Status
Not open for further replies.

KalBalboa

Banned

Around a minute into that video, there's a focus on how we'll see characters who might not be best suited for fighting in the game via environments and backgrounds.

kevin_butler_8001050f-2.jpeg

Good to know.

KillGore

What do you guys think Chan was talking about when he said "something the fans are going to like" ? Famous third party characters?

my bingo board
lVMr2.jpg

I omit the semi confirmed like Nathan Drake and Cole, I include Snake, but I think it's gonna be Naked Snake and not Solid Snake.

I think Loco Roco will at least get a level cameo, and Toro/Kuro will be there in SF X Tekken US release so I think they're trying to expand it to worldwide instead of keeping it in Japan only.

I think I may be alone in thinking this, but I don't want Snake in PASBR. It seems like if he was in it that he would play the same as he does in Brawl,
and since I was absolutely devastated when I found out he was going to be in that
I would really rather anyone else get that spot.

I'd rather get a different 3rd party character: Dante, Sora, Laura, Ty, Tak, The Prince, Cloud, Aya Brea, ect. So basically everybody but Snake.

Acrylic7

Im going to go on record stating that I wont buy this game if it has any Sony characters as DLC.
That would be straight up bullshit.

Acrylic7

looks like you will not be buying this game

Not about to give my hard earned cash to leaches who cant fit characters on one BluRay disk for some BS reason like "it wouldn't fit" or "we forgot to put these characters in the game".

Willing to bet the next Smash game for WiiU wont have DLC unless Nintendo doesn't own the characters. Or a new IP is made after the game is released.

If I have to pay for Jak (probably not him because he is popular enough), Carmelita Fox or something then I'm out. Cant support things like that.

Drencrom

Im going to go on record stating that I wont buy this game if it has any Sony characters as DLC.
That would be straight up bullshit.

Why does it matter that much if they're Sony or 3rd party characters? If the DLC chars are legitimately made after the game's realase and not withhold as DLC or already on the disc i see no problem with them taking a fee. Having them for free would be great but not realistic with the current DLC trend.

Edit: Murray and Bentley from Sly would be cool in this game.

Nakiro

Why does it matter that much if they're Sony or 3rd party characters? If the DLC chars are legitimately made after the game's realase and not withhold as DLC or already on the disc i see no problem with them taking a fee. Having them for free would be great but not realistic with the current DLC trend.

I haven't seen it yet but from what I've heard from the people that did play it, it seems like Murray is Sly's lvl 2 super.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
So correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't SOCOM one of the premier sony franchises? I mean it's not like there are a ton of sony franchises that made PS2, PS3, and PSP. I can only think of 4 other franchises like that excluding the vehicle games. If so I wonder if it'll get a character spot. As boring as a SOCOM Navy SEAL sounds, it actually sounds kindof cool if you look at it as a squad instead of a single character. It does fit the game's style too.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I actually haven't played them since the PS2 ones, and all I remember of it is the 3 AI squad mates that was commanded by the packed in headset, and the early console online multiplayer gameplay that reminded me of counter strike except in a forest and without bombs. Really the squad-based thing is all it has going for it as far as I know but there has been 10 games since the PS2 one and plenty of advertisements so I figured it had to be represented somehow.

Raonak

Banned
Not about to give my hard earned cash to leaches who cant fit characters on one BluRay disk for some BS reason like "it wouldn't fit" or "we forgot to put these characters in the game".

It's not disk space that determines characters. It's the budget of the game.
just because a game has DLC characters doesn't nessicerly mean they were removed from the core game.

SmithnCo

I don't think sackboy will have a clone ability, since the costumes don't actually change his skills in LBP. Would be cute though.

Ran rp

Was this posted already?

Would you "LIKE" to see these characters?

PSASBR Facebook said:
This is an opportunity for the fans to "LIKE" their favorite characters. We at Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale will take considerations of the most popular characters to maybe get a spot in this upcoming brawler.NOTE: If a character appears in this section, it does NOT mean they will make an appearence in Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale. We want to listen to the fans through this source, as well as many others, to find out which they want to see. Remember that if a character you wanted does not make the cut once the game is released this Holidays, we will still support the game with a big amount of DLC.Keep supporting your favorite characters! and tell your friends to support them as well.

jiggle

is that an official channel?

did not expect sora at all
what a bargain he'd be though
they can get 4 characters out of him

SykoTech

Goku on there makes me highly suspicious of that account being real.

But if Sora actually gets in (and the KHII version of him no less), consider my hype multiplied by 100 fold.

Acrylic7

first off they shouldn't be following trends, Sony has a bad track record with their trends being successful. Just because DLC is a trend you should follow it.
and what do you mean why does it matter? If Sony doesn't have the rights to certain characters like Cloud or Snake, I can see Devs and Publishers wanting cash for someone else using their characters. But if its just Sonys characters then they should already be free. Even if the characters were actually developed after the game launched. The point of the game is to duke it out with Sonys Characters is it not? Once I give the guy at Gamestop my $65 then I expect to be done spending cash unless they offer other things like Tournament entry fees or non Sony/Playstation things being in the game.
just my opinion.

It's not disk space that determines characters. It's the budget of the game.
just because a game has DLC characters doesn't nessicerly mean they were removed from the core game.

well in this case wouldn't it be better to have the DLC characters for free? More people would actually purchase the game if they see it being supported in such a manner.

KillGore

PSY・S;38337005 said:
Yeah, this is just too poorly done to be official, but who knows.

I know everyone has their own opinion but fuck, it makes me mad that Sora isn't #1. He would be perfect for this game (yes I know, the chances of Sora being there is 0%)

Edit: LOL Goku is on the list, no thanks.

.la1n

Never even thought of Rayman but hell yeah get him in on this. One of the first games that I thought was gorgeous on PSone was Rayman. Only thing that rivaled it was when I saw Astal for Saturn (gorgeous game but so shallow and short.)

Drencrom

first off they shouldn't be following trends, Sony has a bad track record with their trends being successful. Just because DLC is a trend you should follow it.
and what do you mean why does it matter? If Sony doesn't have the rights to certain characters like Cloud or Snake, I can see Devs and Publishers wanting cash for someone else using their characters. But if its just Sonys characters then they should already be free. Even if the characters were actually developed after the game launched. The point of the game is to duke it out with Sonys Characters is it not? Once I give the guy at Gamestop my $65 then I expect to be done spending cash unless they offer other things like Tournament entry fees or non Sony/Playstation things being in the game.
just my opinion.

It sucks but it is how it is. Just vote with your money and don't buy games with DLC that cost money then. Also, stop buying your games at Gamestop.

Was this posted already? Looks like sony registered a domain name for BATTLEROYALTHEGAMEVITA.COM.

Edit: oh it's just the old vita domain they registered last month.

Was this posted already? Looks like sony registered a domain name for BATTLEROYALTHEGAMEVITA.COM.

Holy shit, Vita version confirmed. Also, I love your boards guys. I just seriously hope ring outs and or some sort of health/damage system is implemented on top of the super system. If they did that, it would be amazing.

Raonak

Banned
well in this case wouldn't it be better to have the DLC characters for free? More people would actually purchase the game if they see it being supported in such a manner.

Like I said, budget.
If you're going to make DLC characters, you have to put more time and resorces developing the chars. that money has to come from somewhere.

the general consumers don't really care about DLC until after they've bought the game. so free DLC is unlikely to get enough extra sales to pay for the development of the dlc.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Ideally, I'd want both Spike and Specter (Ape Escape) to make the final cut. It'd be a shame if it's an "either/or" type of deal.
Both characters have their own distinct set of quirks and abilities that would add great variety to the mix.

Spike - gadgets galore! Stun club, dash hoop, flyer, etc. But the trademark Time Net could be used in interesting ways. Catching other players' projectiles in the net could either add to your super meter, or instantly teleport the projectile back in your opponent's direction. If you manage to capture a stunned opponent in your net, it automatically teleports them to the most hazardous area of the level (like above a spike pit).

- level 1 super: Time Net upgrade. For a limited time, catching other players is an instant K.O.
- level 2 super: Magic Glove is the most powerful weapon in Spike's arsenal, iirc. It packs a devastating extended punch.
- level 3 super: I'm thinking the little tank he gets to drive on occasion.

Specter - A powerful psychic. Mind control, PK blasts, teleportation, telekinsis, and dopplganger illusions. And yes, an army of crazy iconic monkeys at his disposal.

- level 1 or 2 super: Flies around in his chair dealing psychic blasts from above.
- level 3 super: Monkey army GO! (similar to Fat Princess' Lvl 3, I guess)

As a neat bonus, if Spike nets one of Spectre's monkeys, it should add even larger chunks to his super meter.
Actually, I'd like to see quirky little connections and easter eggs like that amongst all the other characters too.

hJyr1.png

tumblr_m3uck987SY1rq5uu8o1_100.gif

I totally don't expect to score a bingo :<. I don't think it will be a full info blowout yet, maybe ~6 chars and few stages like the initial reveal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom