• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation All Stars Battle Royale Discussion thread [Up: Leakfest #11]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmithnCo

I would personally love Big Daddy to be in. Bioshock is one of my favorite games of this gen.

He doesn't strike me as a very 'Sony' fighter though but hopefully they can balance the 3rd party choices to get some iconic ones in.

Also, the possibility of a Rapture stage is exciting.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Big Daddy isn't exactly my favorite character, but I could see it working i guess. My feelings about him making it in kindof relies on if they get a couple more iconic 3rd party characters in alongside him.

i posted this in the other thread, but felt it was more appropriate here.

this is what I was telling my friend. "this is a perfect game to get characters from different series. imagine snake vs drake" He says they'll pick guys THAT STARTED in PS, thus, no snake. So I asked "So... Snake wont be in it?" He says no..

Then I asked... "Cloud?" Still said no...

:lol

is it just me that thinks hes a bit retarded?

KillGore

LOL where is that guy who posted in here saying sony won't allow random third party characters to be in the game, instead only third party characters that we could identify with "playstation"?

Now my theory of Ryu and Scorpion being there is highly possible

LOL where is that guy who posted in here saying sony won't allow random third party characters to be in the game, instead only third party characters that we could identify with "playstation"?

Now my theory of Ryu and Scorpion being there is highly possible

THIS. I even said to him "Hmm. it'd be perfect to have Ryu. And then throw in Kazuya for fun (tho this one was just for the sake of the rivalry)." then he said.

"dude.. SF started in nintendo.. he wont be in it. Kazuya has a bigger chance since it started in sony."

then i replied. "yeah, i think theyre getting characters that would have a unique play style, and that has a large/known fanbase."

again, he said "dude. theyll pick sony characters. no snake. no cloud."

ughhh. i got so pissed at him. we were drunk arguing.

KillGore

THIS. I even said to him "Hmm. it'd be perfect to have Ryu. And then throw in Kazuya for fun (tho this one was just for the sake of the rivalry)." then he said.

hahaha yeah, I got equally frustrated as well. Now we know that ANY third party character can be on the game, as long as the game has been on playstation, which opens a lot of doors to be honest. I mean if someone asks me what console I identify Bioshock with, my first thought would be "Xbox 360" since it was released first on that console.

hahaha yeah, I got equally frustrated as well. Now we know that ANY third party character can be on the game, as long as the game has been on playstation, which opens a lot of doors to be honest.

yes yes yes yes. this is what i was telling him from the beginning. let us now contain our anger, and wait for superbot to confirm Snake, Cloud, Ryu, Scorpion and... Mega Man. :p

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
No, please don't bring up mega man. His recent death weighs to heavily on my broken heart to stand another disappointing non-inclusion.

shink

I don't mind the inclusion of Big Daddy, but I feel like we're going to get Lightning instead of more deserving FF characters.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I agree Lightning is most likely. 7 out of 8 characters reviled so far has something to do with the PS3. Makes me feel they are gravitating toward the newer characters if they can.

I agree Lightning is most likely. 7 out of 8 characters reviled so far has something to do with the PS3. Makes me feel they are gravitating toward the newer characters if they can.

I feel they have to throw in some more classic characters at E3. Its a core gamer event and it would get a better response than to randomly announce them closer to launch.

It is likely that we'll have all these characters from that Micheal ad.

i'm also disapointed that Radec, best hand to hand fighter in Helghan, is a distance focus character now

I really don't mind random 3rd party characters. As long as they are uniquely their own i'm up for it.

I would personally love Big Daddy to be in. Bioshock is one of my favorite games of this gen.

He doesn't strike me as a very 'Sony' fighter though but hopefully they can balance the 3rd party choices to get some iconic ones in.

Also, the possibility of a Rapture stage is exciting.

Possibilities of a Rapture stage does sound exciting. Or even a Bioshock Infinite stage.

I know everyone has seen the conference but I wanted to post the trailer/gameplay here of Drake and Big Daddy:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...attle-royale-expands-ps-vita-drake-big-daddy/

When they showed the trailer during the conference it curiously didn't show off the gameplay tail end, which would've been a LOT better than the embarrassing beginning with that cheesefest music, seriously who the hell said that music was ok? I hope to GOD that isn't the music for the game's opening, or that it's the game's theme song.

The gameplay shown in that trailer was pretty fast, it kind of worried me, like they were trying to glance over Drake and Big Daddy's moveset and stuff. I hope they're still taking this seriously and not just throwing characters in now and not focusing on balancing them, although they did look pretty good.

Any actual direct feed or cam gameplay off the show floor yet?

Loudninja

Some impressions from a fellow gaffer Figboy:
PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale Vita: Visuals were super impressive and sharp. I played against PS3 and other Vita players (2 Vita, 2 PS3). Controls were nice and smooth. The combat was fun and hectic, and the KO with supers only wasn't bad, and was actually kind of fun, as you need to have an opening to pull of the super, but you can be interrupted by people. It was hilarious yelling at the other people to gang up on the Kratos that had a full Level 3 super, and was trying to unleash it on all of us.

First round, I played as Kratos on Vita, and got served. Second round, I played as Sly Cooper on PS3 and got even more served (Sly feels like an advanced player character; he's super quick and agile, and his various skills seem like they have some strategy to using them). Third round, I played as Kratos again on PS3, and that time I came in first!

I'm a huge Smash Bros fan, and this feels similar, and yet, different. I really enjoyed it, and they mentioned that they are looking to do a two pack deal like with MLB The Show, where you pay $80(USD) or something, and get the PS3 and Vita versions.

If so, then sign me up. I'd probably get the Vita version, if I only had to choose one, because it looked amazing on that screen.

The colors are a lot more vibrant on both PS3 and Vita.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=38586634&postcount=20

From Anihawk
played playstation all-stars twice. first it was on the vita against my friend on the ps3. the vita controlled pretty well, but the images were too small on the screen. i can't imagine how a smash bros. will look if it's already so tiny on the vita. i eventually started looking at the tv screen for reference and somehow won despite not knowing what to do.

the four player session i played later was much more successful. i couldn't do anything as parappa or fat princess, but i was a fucking beast as kratos. sweet tooth was also okay, but the rankings were 4th place with -2, 3rd place with -1, 2nd place with 0, and then me with 9. his supers were great. the levels were mostly good, but the jak and daxter level kinda sucked if you wanted to do a downward attack (and wind up going through four floors straight to the water below). it got annoying. however, the god of war/ratchet & clank level that you see in the trailer, and the hades level were both pretty neat. lots of different obstacles to add to the craziness.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=38586830&postcount=24

Endo Punk

Think my fears are resting again for now. Attacks may not do damage but the fact they build up Super meter without the need of AP means at least they serve a purpose, and I guess the AP just maks the meter grow faster in addition to attacking. And I can see how emphasis on Super kills allows for a variety of play styles to shine not just up close ones.

Really enjoying Nate Gameplay and despite Big Daddy feeling random at least he is a unique looking character, I just hope SuperBot doesn't leave out niche PlayStation franchises. As interested as I am I will certainly not purchase Day 1 if Ape Escape, Primal and MediEvil are not represented. Bonus points for Drakan and Dragoon characters.

BTW I just saw ign demo and the controls scheme was revealed:

Square - Attack 1.
Triangle - Attack 2.
Circle - Attack 3.
Xross - Jump/Double Jump.
L1 - Block.
L2 - Taunt.
R1 - Item Pick/Drop.
R2 - Supper Attack.
R3 - Holds/Throw.
L3/Dpad - Movement.

Loudninja

Big Daddy level 3 super puts the level under water lol.

This is awesome
I got a chance to try out Kratos, Nathan Drake, and Big Daddy, and while they were all fun, I probably had the most fun with Drake. He’s a cool mix of melee and range, and his moves are all nifty 2D translations of the cool platformy stuff he can do in his own games. I was pleased to discover that firing my gun in the air caused me to shoot while swinging from a rope, which just felt badass
http://www.gamezone.com/products/pl...2-playstation-all-stars-battle-royale-preview

yencid

Yeap will definitely buy the bundle for 80. I wanted to get them both so my bro could play on the ps3 and i on my vita.

The vita players might actually get an advantage since we can train while we are out of our homes.

shink

Colours still appear muted to me. They really need to consider making it brighter. The same with LBPK. They both look a little dull.

I hope they announce a couple more characters before the next big conference. Otherwise it's going to be a long wait.

Drencrom

Thanks for the impressions guys, sounds great and reaffirming!

I was a little disappointed that they didn't reveal anymore characters (except the ones I found on fb lol) or stages but I'll just have to wait.

Big Daddy looks good. Drake looks drab, give him his UC3 outfit and a rocket launcher, that stands out a bit more

The rocket launcher from Uncharted (RPG7) is already a pick-up item.

One of the trailers looked like the Big Daddy had picked up either an Auger shield or Bubbleshield from Resistance 3.

Needs moar Resistance weapons as items!!!!

Raonak

Banned
Is there any video online that shows drake gameplay?

hope he has a U3 desert alt costume.
hope theres alt costumes at all.

Man

Damn you SappYoda. I believed you for a second.
I blew minds (including my own) with that thing back in 1995.

Drencrom

IGN Live Demo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0asaJlx5TQ

Includes Drake and Big Daddy Gameplay

Drake looks so cool

Drake's supers:

Lvl 1: Throws a explosive gasoline tank.
Lvl 2: Pushes over a big ass statue that crushes opponents.
Lvl 3: All the opponents turns into the descendants from Uncharted 1 and Drake gets his hands on Eddy's golden gun.

Various attacks/moves: Zipline gliding, kicking fuel-barrels, grenade launcher, regular pistol etc

Edit: Looks like he's got a gatlin gun too :lol
Edit2: Also an AK47.

Loudninja

Drake's supers:

Lvl 3: All the opponents turns into the descendants from Uncharted 1 and Drake gets his hands on Eddy's golden gun.

Various attacks/moves: Zipline gliding, kicking fuel-barrels, grenade launcher, regular pistol etc
Yeah Drake is great,I like how they didn't just give him regular moves as supers.

SSReborn

Just a random thought The Beast from InFamous 2 vs The Fire Titan from God of War 3 in the background of a stage fighting would be so cool

Dragnet

Do we know Drake/Big Daddies full movesets yet, along with their Level 1, 2 and 3 supers? Drake looked like he had some cool moves!

Edit: Just seen the post about Drakes moves, rad! What about Big Daddy?

BadWolf

So they had Drake and Big Daddy in playable form at the show and a trailer containing them and yet only showed pictures of them at the conference? So smart.

After seeing footage I'm glad they went with big daddy, haven't played Bioshock but he seems like a cool character and a great addition to the roster.

Drake looks awesome. Incorporating Uncharted gameplay into his play style is such a cool idea, I was wondering how they would work around not having him overlap with the Killzone guy (since they both use guns etc.).

Also really like the fact that there are a lot of haters and ppl screeming rip-ff but the people who actually get to play it pretty much all walk away with positive impressions.

What about Big Daddy?
LV3 floods the stage.

So they had Drake and Big Daddy in playable form at the show and a trailer containing them and yet only showed pictures of them at the conference? So smart.

After seeing footage I'm glad they went with big daddy, haven't played Bioshock but he seems like a cool character and a great addition to the roster.

Drake looks awesome. Incorporating Uncharted gameplay into his play style is such a cool idea, I was wondering how they would work around not having him overlap with the Killzone guy (since they both use guns etc.).

Also really like the fact that there are a lot of haters and ppl screeming rip-ff but the people who actually get to play it pretty much all walk away for positive impressions.
Agree. Drake's moveset just screams Uncharted.

Tizoc

So when can we expect more character reveals?
IIRC, Crash is/was popular in Japan, so I hope he gets revealed during TGS =3

Tizoc

Does anyone know what Drake's level 3 super is yet?

It was posted above in this page:
Drake's supers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom