• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Island announced for iOS / Android / Coke Zero [Free / Summer]

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
:)

ihVp64E.jpg

SGi4kGv.jpg

Wow, Yosp got pwned bigtime.

Seriously the most confounding part is that its literally a year late. This would have made sense as a tie in to an actual game coming out. Instead it follows up an already dead IP. Okay.

Yeah, it's bizarre that they're using the PSAS logo/branding given how badly it bombed.

I also think it's silly to read much into this re: Vita. Now, if Bend's next game is for iOS, then we can talk.

I can't imagine the backlash if Microsoft tried pulling this stunt. This is a pretty poor way to lose all respect people had built up for some of Sony's most memorable franchises this gen. Oh well, they'll go out this gen the way they started, with a series of bad decisions. At least there is a new start around the corner.

Pretty obvious attempt by Sony to advertise their franchises to casuals, though I'm not sure why so many people in this thread have missed this.

miksar

It shows Sony being a forward-thinking company, as they always were. Their competitors are afraid to put their games on iOS because of the fierce competition on the platfrom. There are even some who probably deliberately sabotage 3rd party support, so that their games don't face much competition. But Sony realizes the importance of promoting their games to different audiences and also that the Uncharted branding is strong enough to sustain iOS competition.

Top Bottom