• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Island announced for iOS / Android / Coke Zero [Free / Summer]

salromano

HYvm8Jx.jpg

Screenshot Galleries
General: http://imgur.com/a/ZllUe
LittleBigPlanet: http://imgur.com/a/etKiQ
Uncharted: http://imgur.com/a/1Or09

Q&A

What is PlayStation All-Stars Island?

PlayStation All-Stars Island is a joint promotion with Coca-Cola Zero offering FREE to download mobile games for IOS and Android.

The game takes place on the PlayStation All-Stars Island and consists of a collection of smaller game experiences using themes from various PlayStation franchises. Games are based on successful PlayStation IPs – Uncharted, LBP Karting, inFAMOUS and Gravity Rush. Players will be able to earn special Coke Zero moves within the game that ‘make the impossible possible’ e.g. Drake and Cole enter the LBP world.

Who developed the game?

Zoink Games is the developer

Which game characters are included?

The four main characters are Sackboy (LittleBigPlanet Karting), Nathan Drake (Uncharted), Cole MacGrath (InFAMOUS Train Ride) and Kat (Gravity Rush).
In addition to the above, four bonus characters (Jak & Daxter and Ratchet & Clank) will also appear in the Coke Zero Moves.

How does the game play work?

The ‘All-Stars Island’ is a fictional, fantasy island that has been created to host the best and most exciting characters from PlayStation games. The Island is divided into 4 zones, with each zone representing one franchise (Uncharted, LBP Karting, inFAMOUS and Gravity Rush) and containing a mini game.

All the mini games are based on successful mobile game play and are endless, allowing the player to keep going until they fail.

Players are tasked with collecting Coke Zero orbs that are used to unlock special Coke Zero ‘MAKE IT POSSIBLE’ moves. There is one experience bar per mini game, per character and the player must fill all of the board to have all of the special moves.

On what device can I play the game?

The game is available to download free across iOS and Android platforms starting this summer.

How can I access the game?
A QR code on the label of participating Coca-Cola Zero bottles will offer players exclusive downloads as well as access to Coke Zero booster moves (market dependant, markets to amend as necessary).

Symthic

Banned
I cracked up when I saw the giant Coca Cola logo in the center.

And now I want a Coca Cola. Damn you advertising.

I don't...I mean...wait..what?

EDIT: "Players are tasked with collecting Coke Zero orbs that are used to unlock special Coke Zero ‘MAKE IT POSSIBLE’ moves. There is one experience bar per mini game, per character and the player must fill all of the board to have all of the special moves."

hahahah, oh man...

Gamerloid

Day 1

I guess it was a good thing to call it Playstation All Stars. That way it's not tied down to being a fighting game. It can be anything with that name! iOS gaming gets better and better.

Silky

Banned
I'm sick of Coca-Cola and I'm not even a week into living in GA.

Good news: Playstation All Stars is officially a brand!

Da fuck? First, Zoink is the Kore Gang folks, random as hell.

Also random as hell; how is this on iOS? o_O Sony have the Vita and their own PS Mobile service right? I don't know, you'd think this would be as unlikely as Nintendo making iOS games (not that they have put nothing on iOS though, they did release Pokedex 3D Pro and that iOS exclusive... thingie, it was free I think).

I R Confused.

Symthic

Banned
I don't...I mean...wait..what?

EDIT: "Players are tasked with collecting Coke Zero orbs that are used to unlock special Coke Zero ‘MAKE IT POSSIBLE’ moves. There is one experience bar per mini game, per character and the player must fill all of the board to have all of the special moves."

hahahah, oh man...
WAIT IT'S MORE THAN JUST ADVERTISING ARE YOU SERIOUS

And people complain about Xbox 360 having advertisements...

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I was just saying earlier that this companion stuff on iOS/Droid is what Nintendo needs to be doing.

Wonder what kind of unlockables this will have?

Thorakai

What an unnecessary endeavor for these franchises. If Sony is allowing their IPs to be associated with low-budget Coke Zero iOS/Android games it's no wonder Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale was handled so badly.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I am crying tears of happiness, this is literally my dream game. This is the greatest game ever made. Thank you so much Sony and Coke! Amazing. I am truly in awe.

All the mini games are based on successful mobile game play and are endless, allowing the player to keep going until they fail.

Interesting way of saying "four shameless Temple Run clones in Sony IP skins."

Top Bottom