• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars joined by Heihachi and Toro

xptoxyz

yeah im hoping they give those cutscenes actual locations and not just that blue background grid.

I could see it staying and being a in-between worlds sort of situation story wise though.

So Polygon Man or something like that, likely for the boss? As they seemed to point to being something for fans "OF Playstation"

Edit:

Oh, ok. That makes sense :p

Also, do you know where I could find the footage from the streams? I missed almost all of it.

Doesn't twitch auto save it after the stream ends? http://www.twitch.tv/srkevo3

xptoxyz

This game has a story mode? I've been really out of the know for this so excuse my ignorance...

Not completely clear, I think it's probably an arcade style progression with some background story and cutscenes. I'm not expecting that platforming style thing that Brawl had.

Drago

Yeah MGS representation is all but confirmed with Snakes voice working on the game (apparently) and someone saying 'Metal Gear' on accident.

barrin87

You really think it's only the Nintendo fanboys who are calling this game a smash bros. clone?

I never said they are the only ones saying it. They definitely seem to be the most vocal about it though. Hundreds of games have been copied so this is hardly anything new. I am going to enjoy the game for what it is.

Takao

Banned
Snake is a whore for these crossover fighter so he'll be in.

but will tyson from beyblade and optimus prime?

OmegaZero

Sigh.

The art style makes me puke in my mouth each time I see screens and videos.

I have no doubt it'll be fun to play, but watching the game in motion is a chore. :/
At least add some more color and tone down the Fancy Effects™ a bit. Seriously.

test_account

XP-39C²
Sigh.

I have no doubt it'll be fun to play, but watching the game in motion is a chore. :/
The game is out in like 3 months, so you wont see any major changes to the graphics or art style. And the Parappa level is pretty colorful. I guess that the game unfortunately wont be for you if you react this strongly to the art style, but like with every game, you cant please everyone.

Darknight

Why is it hard to believe Snake/mgs stage is in? He appeared on a ps2 brawler before SMB. He is a PS icon, he will be there.

I remember in the beginning of the Sony conference, Jack was talking about its great franchises or something and a picture popped up with Drake,Cole and Snake. I'm pretty sure it was a hint to Battle Royal characters being revealed in the future. Why would snake/mgs be mentioned in 2012? First thing I thought of was Battle Royal when I saw these games being mentioned. Maybe I'm wrong but to me its so damn obvious at the meaning of mentioning these characters/games.

img_2421_enspecial-e3-2012-sony-press-conference-hd.jpg

Does anyone else think that Zeus from GoW would be a cool fit? I know that they haven't announced any other characters yet where there's more than 1 character from the same franchise. Maybe as DLC?

Though he might be somewhat similar to Cole...hahaha

barrin87

Sigh.

I agree that the game seems a little bland in color from what I have seen so far. I hope that changes before the game comes out.

Not bad additions, but not great ones either. I sincerely hope Cloud, Alucard, Lara Croft, or other third party characters of their caliber are in this game. I still fully expect to see Cole, Jak/Daxter, Ratchet, Sackboy, and a few other Sony staples.
One of these things isn't like the other - at least in terms of calibre of popularity/recognition.

Then again, most of Sony's first-party characters aren't either I guess.

If Snake isn't in, it'll be absolutely outrageous.

Hes pretty much confirmed in some way as David Hayter is said to be doing voice work from the game. It could be Big Boss, but I hope it would be Old Snake. If its Old Snake is level 3 super should be controlling Metal Gear REX and fucking shit up! His stage should be the revisited Shadow Moses from MGS4 too. who else thinks those would be awesome inclusions for Snake/metal gear franchise? :)

xptoxyz

I could see Solid+Old+Naked Snake all being the same character with costumes(then they could really choose whichever as default)

Khezu

I don't mind it having less then stellar graphics, but the art is very plain, there is no charm or style to it. It just looks weird.

The super kill mechanic could be problematic, but I'll wait until I play it to see whats up.

test_account

XP-39C²
I don't mind it having less then stellar graphics, but the art is very plain, there is no charm or style to it. It just looks weird.

The super kill mechanic could be problematic, but I'll wait until I play it to see whats up.
All the stages we've seen so far are very Playstation branded, so i'd definitelly say that it has charm and style to it. The characters looks like i'd expect them to look.

I dont think that the level 3 super is going to be a huge problem to be honest. I'm under the impression that it is only possible to get it one time during one round, maybe two (due to time constrain). Using level 1 and 2 seems to be a better move strategically.

Ryce

I did a little research on Toro because I like how he's depicted in this game, and I found the origins of his various personas.

In "TORO! Let's Party," you change into a variety of costumes as you complete different tasks in order to become more human. This is replicated in PlayStation All-Stars with the ability to change forms.

Torobi form - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBVckuMkZ4Y
Oni form - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-5O8KZ2CF0&t=7m46s
DLC costume (garçon) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-5O8KZ2CF0&t=1m27s

That's some really awesome work by SuperBot. I'm not sure where his "justice" karate costume comes from, though.

Ploid 3.0

I saw somebody make this connection over at another forum:

[u//www.youtube.com/watch?v=v77RwbxaLog&t=0m40s]Oni form[/url] - Street Fighter homage

It makes a ton of sense that they'd reveal him at Evo. He's a love letter to the fighting genre.

This will be my main hopefully. The akuma thing sealed it.

Drago

I could see Solid+Old+Naked Snake all being the same character with costumes(then they could really choose whichever as default)
If Jak is in, I hope they do something like that and he has his designs from the original trilogy for his costumes. Give Jak 1 a more physical based moveset and Jak 2 and 3 a more gun based moveset. Don't know if they would put the effort in though... :(

7517011930_e6e68cd863_z.jpg

I think this shot shows off the art style and color much better. The game will look better in motion since its 60fps.

SSReborn

Found a link to rewatch the panel its from a banned site so just ask me for it and I'll inbox

edit: nevermind it wont show over inbox either

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
How did Drake look? In the videos and screens his clothes look really low rez.

I didn't get to see Drake up close and personal, or play with him, because I was only at the PS3/Vita cross play kiosk, which only had the 6 revealed characters playable.

I only got to look at him from a short distance when I was watching the people playing it in the center kiosk, where they also had LBP Karting, Sly: TiT, and God of War: Ascension MP playing.

From what I could tell, Drake looked like a cartoony version of himself. Definitely better than what we've been seeing in these trailers, but that's because it was running on a system, and not some compressed youtube video.

The game is impressively detailed and vibrant.

I personally like the way the characters look. I think, especially when it comes to a character like Drake, is how well he moves, not so much his level of detail. I think they've nailed his signature animations, from the way he punches and kicks, to taking cover and swinging on ropes. That's Nathan Drake, at least to me. Even so, I'm glad that his Tibet skin will be in the game, as I think that look, and his Uncharted 3 desert look are really great. I do like his old school, debut look though; the one with the "baseball" style shirt with the red sleeves.

I like that they are really focusing on the individual nature of the characters, and putting that into their movesets. A lot of their personalities come through.

So who wants to guess what the next character reveals will be next week at Comic-Con?
My guess is Jak and Ezio.

Cole and Jak
or
Cole and Snake

Coles because 1.) he confirmed it himself. 2.) a superhero character revealed in a comic convention is appropriate.

Jak because of the leaks (i think they were true)

Snake because 1.) was leaked with cole. 2.) I think david hayter always (usually?) goes to comic con. could be a nice way to reveal snake.

RPGCrazied

Still can't believe nobody from Final Fantasy is in, watch it be lightning if they include any at all.

They have many characters to choose from too. VII, VIII, IX, X, XII and XIII I guess. Gimmie Tidus or Squall!

Sora from Kingdom Hearts would be really cool too, but that would never happen.

New threads for new info.

We always fall back to the mega topic after awhile though.

It's just silly that this thread has not been about Heihachi and Toro for a while when we have another general discussion thread being active at the same time :D.

That IGN footage is the first time I think where Radec was the winner. I wonder if his long ranged playstyle translates well to 1vs1. His combo in the combo video looks awesome.

Still can't believe nobody from Final Fantasy is in, watch it be lightning if they include any at all.

They have many characters to choose from too. VII, VIII, IX, X, XII and XIII I guess. Gimmie Tidus or Squall!

Sora from Kingdom Hearts would be really cool too, but that would never happen.

I'm almost willing to bet Lightning or Cloud is playable. TGS reveal maybe? If they make Lightning playable I can only imagine the shitstorm it causes. I'm ok with it being Lightning but personally yeah, gimme Cloud, Squall, Vivi or Yuna over her.

SSReborn

The character select screen looks fine.

You know what I think it is? Its the wavy line in the background that supposed to look like the thing on the xmb; it kind of makes everything look weirder then it actually is. Kind of distracting in a sense.

Loudninja

It's just silly that this thread has not been about Heihachi and Toro for a while when we have another general discussion thread being active at the same time :D.

That IGN footage is the first time I think where Radec was the winner. I wonder if his long ranged playstyle translates well to 1vs1. His combo in the combo video looks awesome.
Its a good way to keep discussions going.

They really nailed Drake in this game, everything from is jumping to his fighting style is on point.

Takao

Banned
I'm sorry about not uploading the panel. The video file is an FLV, and for some reason no matter how hard I try the audio keeps going out of sync. I've been tinkering with it for hours trying to manually edit it, convert it to different formats, and more without avail. I'm currently DLing a 1.5GB version of the stream. Hopefully that'll work this time.

Top Bottom