• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation and sequel fatigue.

ReBurn

Gold Member
New IP's are riskier than ever. The best chance of success if you're spending AAA budget is to make something people have a connection with.

aries_71

My main concern is not so much sequel fatigue as development times. Games are reaching such complexity from a development standpoint that you can only expect one game per console generation. Example: GoW launched a few months ago. When would you expect the next main GoW? By the end of this generation or the beginning of the next? The same can be said of any major franchise title: Halo, GT, Gears, TLOU, etc…

Ev1L AuRoN

On the top of my head.

Santa Monica Studios:
I felt that fatigue with God of War Ascension, didn't even bother with that game, then SMS gave us the Amazing GOW 2018 and Ragnarok. I'm very pleased with those games.
Hoping they aim for a new game, or if they stick with God of War, they make it fresh like the Northern saga.
Guerrilla Games
I think Horizon is growing better at each release, a trilogy is more than acceptable. After that, I wish they try another genre.
Naughty Dog:
TLOU3 would be more than enough. They need to work on something else, hopefully.
Sucker Punch:
Ghost of Tsushima is amazing and new, please give us more!
Polyphony Digital
It's a specialized developer and GT is an amazing series, just like Turn 10 they need to keep doing the god's work.
Media Molecule
They are always trying something new, being the most experimental studio under Sony, no one can blame them for that.
Bend studios
A talented bunch, I think they will have their moment.
BluePoint
Nothing to complain.

Top Bottom