• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Boss Teases PS5 Will Have More Multiplayer Exclusives Than PS4

Toe-Knee

I believe once Sony sees the profits from exclusive online multiplayer games, less and less of effort and resources would be placed on single player games.

The "Call of Duty" effect I'm talking about is how the latest one does not have a campaign mode.
But the next one does...

The only reason blops4 doesn't is we fact that it didn't come together in time to hit the deadline.

Non existent? Uncharted, Killzone, MLB the Show, bloodborne, SFV, Drive Club, Soon Dreams, Tlou Remastered Mp, GT Sports, and others besides third party games. A slew of VR games that I don't need to mention.

Your stretching it. But yes their focus hasn't been on FPS games.
I’m going to go out on a limb and guess you are a Playstation fan first and foremost? Lol

Drive Club? Killzone? Uncharted? TLOU Remastered? Soon Dreams?

Are you trying to prove my point?

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned
I’m going to go out on a limb and guess you are a Playstation fan first and foremost? Lol

Drive Club? Killzone? Uncharted? TLOU Remastered? Soon Dreams?

Are you trying to prove my point?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you are either a troll or naive and like to move goalposts? The whole post was asinine or let me guess because it isn't an FPS mp machine the other games don't count? Let's remove them and just say Gt Sport, Star Trek Bridge Crew, Firewall, MLB the Show, SFV, Bloodborne (still crazy active), Nioh, etc and don't know why someone wouldn't count Tlou or UC4 mp as it's better than most and ppl still play it.

The fallacious post was about Sony not having mp games so why get plus. That premise is so full of holes and i made a short list disputing that and it could have been longer. But again it doesn't fit the forced narrative.

Last edited:

Toe-Knee

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you are either a troll or naive and like to move goalposts? The whole post was asinine or let me guess because it isn't an FPS mp machine the other games don't count? Let's remove them and just say Gt Sport, Star Trek Bridge Crew, Firewall, MLB the Show, SFV, Bloodborne (still crazy active), Nioh, etc and don't know why someone wouldn't count Tlou or UC4 mp as it's better than most and ppl still play it.

The fallacious post was about Sony not having mp games so why get plus. That premise is so full of holes and i made a short list disputing that and it could have been longer. But again it doesn't fit the forced narrative.
I'm guessing they're meaning mainly mp or mp only games and gaas crap.

But that still doesn't exclude gt sport & firewall

Gamernyc78

Banned
I'm guessing they're meaning mainly mp or mp only games and gaas crap.

But that still doesn't exclude gt sport & firewall

Probably but then if u don't have plus you still can't play the great mp portions of other games so tht makes no sense. And tht still includes games like Star Trek Bridge Crew, Rigs, SFV, Firewall, Etc lol I mean they act like Microsoft or Nintendo have more mp centric games. The post just didn't make sense.

Let's remove them and just say Gt Sport, Star Trek Bridge Crew, Firewall, MLB the Show, SFV, Bloodborne (still crazy active), Nioh, etc and don't know why someone wouldn't count Tlou or UC4
There’s literally dozens of us! Dozens!

Sony will be so relieved to hear that they’re already such a major force in the online multiplayer arena. Why did they even need this announcement I wonder?

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned

Sony will be so relieved to hear that they’re already such a major force in the online multiplayer arena. Why did they even need this announcement I wonder?

Who said major force? Goalposts moving I see lol. Righttttt I see how you get down. Your cool and edgy broski lol u sure proved your point. It's weird having psplus on live bcus there aren't any mp games /s lol lol 👌

Alright consumers cancel your subscription "The Great" said it makes no sense, there are t games tht need online on ps4 hahaha

Who said major force? Goalposts moving I see lol. Righttttt I see how you get down. Your cool and edgy broski lol u sure proved your point. It's weird having psplus on ps4 bcus there aren't any mp games /s lol lol 👌

Alright consumers cancel your subscription "The Great" said it makes no sense, there are?nt games tht need online on ps4 hahaha

I believe once Sony sees the profits from exclusive online multiplayer games, less and less of effort and resources would be placed on single player games.

The "Call of Duty" effect I'm talking about is how the latest one does not have a campaign mode.
http://www.ladbible.com/technology/gaming-the-next-call-of-duty-will-have-a-campaign-mode-20190213

Just turning the camera around already tells you if the controls are right or not
This makes zero sense. Literally. Camera != aiming mechanics

You love UC4 and MGS MP, cool
Where did I say that I love MGSV MP? I was merely talking about the shooting mechanics.

Even UC4 MP is not my favorite Uncharted MP... I had over 2200 hours in UC3 MP vs 1500 hours in UC4 MP. Probably even more in UC2 MP... that should tell you something.

but that's just your personal opinion, that is not shared by the whole majority of the gaming community.
Why should I care about what the majority thinks? Perception != reality

The majority behaves like herds of sheep, it's called herd mentality. Human Psychology 101

UC2/3 remasters? I'm not sure TBH - UC2 MP was a blast, and the Plunder mode was one of the best MP inventions ever IMO, but this game was single-handedly destroyed by its god-awful matchmaking, that took literally 20-25min. to find mere 10 people
ND matchmaking is overengineered to accommodate n00bs that cannot git gud.

Ping-based matchmaking (not skill-based one) is the fastest one that yields the least amount of lag.

Every ND game starts with ping-based MM and then they tweak it towards SBMM... whose fault that is?

only to put lowest level people in one team vs highest level people on the other
Randoms are mixed. Maybe you should try getting some friends.

which was a slaughter because of that one perk that doubled the guns accuracy which low level people didn't have
DTI did not double aiming accuracy.

You're talking to someone who used Evasion/Sure Foot religiously. I started with a 0.60 KDR (zero former experience in shooters, let alone in PvP) and brought it up to 1.30 KDR.

Did I get slaughtered as a n00b? Yes? Did I cry about it? No. Noobs have to get slaughtered to learn how to play. I didn't even know what corner shooting was when I started playing back in 2009...

You need to learn to have patience. Pain is necessary for learning new & hard things (not just in video games).

hence they were leaving the matches like crazy, and incompetent ND instead of fixing their garbage matchmaking decided to punish such people for leaving those pointless matches.
I have zero respect for rage quitters. Millennials are entitled enough to think that they can quit whenever things don't go their way. Sorry, but no. This mentality is awful (not just in video games).

UC2 MP didn't have late join, so a penalty system was necessary (XP is useless, just time-based penalties).

UC3 MP added late join, but it introduced tons of bugs and many people complained about joining lopsided matches (it was fun when you would turn the tides though).

They removed penalties, but we had a rage quitting epidemic. I'd rather have UC2 MP's system. Even Splatoon punishes rage quitters and nobody complains.

UC3 on the other hand had this retarded system that rewarded bad players with some killstreak-like bonuses.
No, it didn't reward bad players. Kickbacks were much better than mysticals & sidecocks in UC4 MP.

And looking at series like UC, KZ, Res etc., that have completely different MP with each instance clearly shows how Sony's studios are incompetent in that regard, they cannot make a good formula that simply works and they can stick with.
Uncharted MP was ruined because of idiots like Robert Cogburn listening to UC MP casuals that only played the MP for like 2 weeks, he listened to their god awful feedback (nerfing vital mechanics), those people left and UC MP veterans were left playing a gimped version of the game.

Democracy clearly doesn't work in video game development...

Btw, this is the single biggest problem in ND MP games that no one mentioned in this thread:

https://www.pcgamer.com/netcode-explained/

15 Hz tick rate is god awful. It's 1/2 of the graphics framerate (30 fps) in PS3 and 1/4 of the graphics framerate (60 fps) in PS4.

Why do people ignore technicalities like this? Brazilian/Arab lag + 15 Hz = recipe for disaster = people with good connections (US/EU) abandon the game and then only the 3rd world is playing = more lag = slower matchmaking = less fun.

Have you played UC2 MP recently? It's full of BRA/MEX/KSA.

ND needs dedicated servers (they reduce upload requirements a lot).

Last edited:

Ten_Fold

I wouldn’t mind seeing socom or a new killzone, I can possibly see a new ps all stars that hopefully don’t play like smash lol.

NO.

No, because Sony's competitive advantage is top-notch single player games. Shifting their focus to become god-knows-what makes zero business sense. Sure, couple of multiplayer games don't hurt, in fact they are good additions to the library and if one or the two become somewhat successful, it's a big win. But there's a huge difference from developing some MP games to shifting their focus altogether. The executives have been very clear in their plans for next gen and first-party MP is not a priority.

Thedtrain

Ok look Sony, I won't even charge for this one. Re master Warhawk from the PS3. Don't change a thing. Just make it look balls out amazing. Also, remake MAG but improve on the gunplay and add destruction. BOOM done!
Junior year of college saw a lot of smash and Warhawk in my apartment.

I really loved Warhawk, I’d LOVE a remaster.

Just remaster socom 2 with hd textures and possibly a few new maps and i would be happy. No adding "extra" features like knifing or weapon attachments. Just a good competitive teamwork game that relies on aim skill and communication. Its Exactly how successful esport games like csgo have stuck around so long

Top Bottom