Xbox supporters don’t realise they are never gonna have a console like the 360 again and they will probably never sell more than 50–60 million units again.
1. It launched 1 year ahead of PS3
2. Was cheaper than PS3
3. Was easier to develope than the PS3
4. Took a bunch of Playstation centric games and ”exclusives“ or titles more associated with Playstaion like Tekken, Final Fantasy, Devil May Cry etc
5. 360 had a far better online service and started the trend and popularity of indies and DLC and timed exclusive Cod maps etc
6. 3rd Party games mostly ran better on 360
7. Playstation launching horribly and all the bad press it got those days.
Depite all this, the PS3 still sold 80+ million units and outsold the 360.
Not gonna ever be close again
Agreed. The ps3 vs 360 era was the best. I had both machines because of exclusives. It was actually Dead rising that convinced me to buy a 360,not because of anything to do with MS just the fact it was a Capcom game I couldn't play on playstation.
MS are making a huge mistake this gen by not securing more exclusives to XsX. Because of this I don't actually need a Xbox console because I have a PC that just obsoleted it.
MS don't seem to understand that exclusives drive sales, I mean look at the switch. Every meaningful console develops its own stable of exclusives that say: buy me if you want to experience this.
Right now XsX is saying to me: HI will never look as good as PC.
But if HI was an exclusive to XsX...you're goddamn right I'm buying one. Gimme an excuse to buy another toy MS!