• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Classic’s Full Lineup of 20 Games Revealed

Zog

Banned
Really though, to avoid the cost of a wifi/ethernet adapter they could just include an SD Card slot and then sell PS1 games on the PS store on the PC and load up the SD card with what you buy.

anthraticus

Banned
I would think most people that have any serious interest in playing older console games would have other means and not be waiting on one of these new systems, hoping that the said games they want to play is on there.

Zog

Banned
I would think most people that have any serious interest in playing older console games would have other means and not be waiting on one of these new systems, hoping that the said games they want to play is on there.

Do you think that the people who bought the NES Classic had no other way to play those NES games?

Last edited:

Chastten

Banned
Battle Arena Toshinden? Wow, I didn't even know someone besides me still remembers that game. The music in that game is still 90's awesome.

No I kinda wished we had Destrega on that thing as well.

Daniel Thomas MacInnes

GAF's Resident Saturn Omnibus
Do you think that the people who bought the NES Classic had no other way to play those NES games?

For many people, it's an issue of price and accessibility. The Virtual Console is available, but software titles are limited to a specific system (Wii, Wii U, 3DS), and many titles that are available at one location are unavailable at another. Secondly, the price to download a single game is rather expensive, at $5 per NES title. Third, Virtual Console suffered from a lack of exposure. Nintendo and other software developers never offered any promotion beyond the occasional press release. Finally, I don't know what the online shop on Wii U and 3DS was like, but the Wii shop channel was poorly designed and not very user-friendly.

For the average consumer, the NES Classic is an easy way to play classic videogames at a reasonable price. And you get a pair of oldskool controllers as well, which is very nice (I especially enjoy that the NES/SNES controllers can plug into your Wiimote).

Zog

Banned
For many people, it's an issue of price and accessibility. The Virtual Console is available, but software titles are limited to a specific system (Wii, Wii U, 3DS), and many titles that are available at one location are unavailable at another. Secondly, the price to download a single game is rather expensive, at $5 per NES title. Third, Virtual Console suffered from a lack of exposure. Nintendo and other software developers never offered any promotion beyond the occasional press release. Finally, I don't know what the online shop on Wii U and 3DS was like, but the Wii shop channel was poorly designed and not very user-friendly.

For the average consumer, the NES Classic is an easy way to play classic videogames at a reasonable price. And you get a pair of oldskool controllers as well, which is very nice (I especially enjoy that the NES/SNES controllers can plug into your Wiimote).
I was responding to a poster who said that people should get the games they want elsewhere instead of hoping to get the games they want on a mini console. I was pointing out that the people who bought the NES Classic probably had access to those games in various other places and still wanted the NES Classic.

Last edited:
I’ll be honest, that is a weak lineup. No Legends of Dragoon? No throwing money around to get Grandia, Lunar, Xenogears, FF anniversary, FF8, Chrono Cross?

Where is Jet Moto and Gran Tourismo?

How about SF Alpha?

Lazy lineup tbh.

Last edited:
Top Bottom