• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Experience 2016 Coming to Anaheim on December 3-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sesha

Anything regarding PSX, TGS, Jump Festa, Paris Games Week, Igromir, or whatever, that talks about DMC5 is gonna be fake as shit. After RE7 and DR4 were shown at E3, it'll only ever be revealed there, or on a random Tuesday. SFV was special because of the Sony involvement and because it coincided with the Capcom Pro Tour. Even if Capcom made some kind of deal with Sony like with SFV and RE7, it would be shown at Sony's E3 press conference instead of PSX or elsewhere.

Another reason why DMC5 wouldn't be shown is that it would be a late 2017 or early 2018 release at the absolute earliest, and Capcom generally doesn't reveal major titles early anymore. See RE6, RE7 and DR4.

I don't know, I think DmC could be a PSX announcement. I don't necessarily see it as a E3 type announcement anymore. Just like SF. Those genre aren't as big as they once were.

Sesha

I don't know, I think DmC could be a PSX announcement. I don't necessarily see it as a E3 type announcement anymore. Just like SF. Those genre aren't as big as they once were.

SFV was shown when it was because PSX coincided with the Capcom Pro Tour finals, and because it needed stuff like the online beta testing. The popularity of the genre doesn't really matter to Capcom regarding its reveal. DMC is bigger than Dead Rising, which was shown at E3.

Who knows. Maybe a new DMC game could be revealed outside of E3 or randomly on a Tuesday, but I feel confident based on the factors I mentioned that it wouldn't.

Anything regarding PSX, TGS, Jump Festa, Paris Games Week, Igromir, or whatever, that talks about DMC5 is gonna be fake as shit. After RE7 and DR4 were shown at E3, it'll only ever be revealed there, or on a random Tuesday. SFV was special because of the Sony involvement and because it coincided with the Capcom Pro Tour. Even if Capcom made some kind of deal with Sony like with SFV and RE7, it would be shown at Sony's E3 press conference instead of E3.

Another reason why DMC5 wouldn't be shown is that it's would be a late 2017 or early 2018 release at the absolute earliest, and Capcom generally doesn't reveal major titles early anymore. See RE6, RE7 and DR4.
Well, when it comes to RE7 it's more like Capcom doesn't reveal anything about that game at all.

Anyway, I guess for DMC5 it depends on how far the game is in development and what is Capcom's marketing plan for that game. DMC5 will be a revival of an old series after almost a decade. You can't announce and market that game the same way that you do for your other regular series like RE and DR that have had new entries in recent years. Lots of new generation gamers probably don't even know what DMC is. They need to market that game much more than their regular series that you mentioned.

Shin-Ra

Fingers crossed, as a "side-scrolling shooter" Housemarque's gone the Resogun/SSHD 60fps arcade responsiveness route for Matterfall.

matterfall_concet_art-1.jpg

Sesha

Well, when it comes to RE7 it's more like Capcom doesn't reveal anything about that game at all.

Anyway, I guess for DMC5 it depends on how far the game is in development and what is Capcom's marketing plan for that game. DMC5 will be a revival of an old series after almost a decade. You can't announce and market that game the same way that you do for your other regular series like RE and DR that have had new entries in recent years. Lots of new generation gamers probably don't even know what DMC is. They need to market that game much more than their regular series that you mentioned.

I doubt Capcom looks at it that way. They probably consider DMC to have had its most recent entries in 2013 and 2015. I also don't think they would spend a long while marketing it, since 1) that's the approach they took with DmC with multiple trailers and previews and event showcases and a demo over 2.5 years, which didn't work out, and 2) it's more cost effective to have a few showcases with a more grassroots marketing approach in-between.

I don't think they would need a large-scale marketing campaign at any rate. But this is getting off-topic. Let's keep discussions like this in the OT.

Mikey Jr.

I hope Sony has learned how to organize their conference lineup this year.

Don't end on some bullshit. I mean, Paragon? Come on. You had nnk2 for fucks sake.

And no gamescom or Paris games week this year, so I really hope PSX isn't disappointing.

Unknown?

Don't end on some bullshit. I mean, Paragon? Come on. You had nnk2 for fucks sake.

And no gamescom or Paris games week this year, so I really hope PSX isn't disappointing.

Maybe they listened to people saying they spread conferences too thin with Paris TGS and PSX so they consolidated it to just two?

Some Nobody

Thankfully and Hopefully, No One.

I can't understand this. Why are people so eager to be lead along by a company's marketing machine? False info sucks, but leaks are fun.

PSX 2016 shouldn't be BAD. The PS4 Neo presentation wasn't anything special, Gamescom and PGW didn't do anything, and they outright said they were holding no less than one game back at TGS for Playstation Experience.

We know DW9 is there. I'd expect an update on NNK2. Either Yakuza Kiwami or Y6 will get hopefully confirmed for localization.

Besides that who knows? But I'm thinking it'll be decent.

ZarKryn7

Sony introduces an initiative where there's these set of tech demos you can play. Kinda like an equivalent to TV pilots. You play them and let Sony know you like it to be a full game and give devs feedback.

Got this idea seeing how Kara eventually became Detroit.

I don't expect this at PSX or anytime soon but eh uh, it's just an idea I'd put out there.

For anyone planning to attend, FINAL DAY to sign up for NeoGAF community meetup badge / lanyard and also last day to add The Game Awards ticket for only $10 more on PSX ticket site.

RwKLbug.jpg
qr7zyW6.jpg

(example of front side and reverse that I designed)

Also, for those of you not going - I will be filming my entire adventure, and have friends flying in from two different states. If there is anything you want me / us to try and do, like asking specific questions or whatnot, please let me know :)

I'll definitely be filming a snippet of the NeoGAF meetup.

hope for a big Horizon Coverage around PSX - i wan't to see the tribes and cities in this game, and maybe show some RPG Elements (apart from one quest we didn't see that much iirc)

Also looking forward to Ni No Kuni 2, Days Gone, Spiderman, Uncharted 4 DLC

don't think we will see FF7 on the PSX

NNK2 update with even a vague release timeframe (since they'll probably reserve exact date reveal for a JP trailer) would be great.

You know me so well *cries. It's time
There's been hints of two teams coming together and celebrating their respective series.
I'm expecting at some point in this gen and fully believe

Wild arms ps4
Ape escape reboot

I need these two, especially a brand new Wild Arms.

Damn it Verendus. Why you gotta let your demon take control of you... look at what you have done.

Yeah, damn that sucks. He generally seemed to know his stuff for most of these years. I'll miss him.

wapplew

hope for a big Horizon Coverage around PSX - i wan't to see the tribes and cities in this game, and maybe show some RPG Elements (apart from one quest we didn't see that much iirc)

All that and some good side/villain characters.
I'm more looking forward to showfloor impression from fellow gaffer, assuming Horizon is playable.

BlizzKrut

Banned
My expectations are non existent, which is most likely for the best.

A bit unrelated, but were you the guy who knew about the Robin game? If not, sorry then.

I'm curious to see if any of the WB DC projects are going to be shown (Superman game, Suicide Squad, the Robin one...).

Edzi

Guys, we're going to get a new Ape Escape announcement, along with a surprise visit from Kojima informing us that Sony has bought the rights to MGS and that they'll be making a standalone Snake vs. Monkey 2 exclusively for the PS4. He'll also say that MGSV and PW weren't canon, and apologize profusely for their existence. I can feel it in my bones.

BELIEVE.

sora87

I can think of plenty of excuses.

Such as "they don't want to show it"

Well then they suck, they should be making a much bigger deal about their first party games that aren't Uncharted or Horizon.

Yeah I'm hoping for a proper "one last thing" this year.

My hopes:
- PSN name changes announced on PS I Love You XOXO
- Crash Remake footage
- PS1 BC
- Uncharted 4 single-player DLC shown
- Destiny 2 trailer
- 2 or more Playstation Now games available free every month with PS+
- And I will post this until it finally happens, new game announced: Playstation All-Stars Kart Racing based on the CTR engine with Sony IPs and guests.

A bit unrelated, but were you the guy who knew about the Robin game? If not, sorry then.

I'm curious to see if any of the WB DC projects are going to be shown (Superman game, Suicide Squad, the Robin one...).
I don't know anything about reveal plans, but afaik there is no Superman game, but I also don't know what Rocksteady is working on.

Neoxon

With Street Fighter V getting featured in the event, do you think we'll finally learn the truth behind this?

01_squarecapcom01.jpg.pagespeed.ce.wAJmhEqkb2.jpg

It has been a dream scenario of mine for a while that this year's PE shows a new FFVII Remake trailer to introduce a certain character, then follow up by having her revealed as a guest character for SFV season 2....
I believe Square-Enix helped out with the cutscenes for the Cinematic Story Mode.

I know it won't happen yet but a first look at RE2 would be ballin'.

Shit was announced well over a year ago. They could potentially have something small but even if they did RE7 is coming out in a month after so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom