• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Experience 2016 Thread: You Know, PSX, We Really Are 2016

I'm overall really hyped about everything they showed and never felt better about the PS4 platform.

But the lack and meh-ness of the PSVR showings, and no name changes or PS1 titles to PS4 disappointed me.

I think PSVR is going to be winding down in 2017. I wonder if all VR will really be looking bleak by end of 2017.

wapplew

I'm overall really hyped about everything they showed and never felt better about the PS4 platform.

But the lack and meh-ness of the PSVR showings, and no name changes or PS1 titles to PS4 disappointed me.

I think PSVR is going to be winding down in 2017. I wonder if all VR will really be looking bleak by end of 2017.

Dino frontier look super cool tho, western Dino God sim, are you kidding me?

meanspartan

Sony is notorious for not sticking by products like this.

If they really wanted VR to work theyd be funding ambitious exclusives. Right now, its looking not great...

Yet I still expect Sony to turn around one day and drop them the moment they stumble.

They did stumble - both Killzone 3 and Killzone Shadowfall were not huge sellers and were not very well loved by the press. Killzone 2 was a huge success but also got them a lot of crticism for comparisons and "Lies" about the E3 Demo, as well as control issues.

kyser73

Franz Brötchen;225923309 said:
I think this is the point where Nintendo fans defending mediocre Directs are called 'Nintendo Defense Force'?
It was available for me to watch, flooded my Twitter timeline. I take a look as a potential yet-to-be-convinced customer and am less than impressed.
Again, bad presentation for me. If this statement isn't allowed here, maybe we can ban some obvious trolls in Nintendo threads?

There are over 1000 titles available on PS4, if there's nothing in that list to convince you already, one dedicated confers aimed at Sony fans isn't going to change your mind.

You're simply a poseur. Even if you subjectively don't like the games,to call a conference that showed almost all games across pretty much every single genre in video gaming 'a bad conference' because it didn't change a mind you've already made up is ludicrous.

jadedm17

If they really wanted VR to work theyd be funding ambitious exclusives. Right now, its looking not great...

Sony has a bad history for support, sure, but it's been a month : Do we need to light the fires so soon? Damn.

Cartho

This is such an exciting collaboration. The technical wizardry of GG - all of their games have been pretty bleeding edge visually, combined with the bonkers story telling and gameplay focus of Kojima.

So hyped.

prwxv3

Funding expensive big vr games is the last thing they should be doing. The market for VR us not big enough to support such games

Thats why I skipped launch - I don't believe in VR as a long term thing but I'd be willing to play a few games with it. I think the low stock of PSVR is on purpose - they've sold much of their first production run, and aren't certain that a second run will move so quickly and are being cautious.

n766lgM.png

That can be a sign of demand or a sign of cautiousness on the part of retailers and sony.

Top Bottom