• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Experience 2016 Thread: You Know, PSX, We Really Are 2016

Thats why I skipped launch - I don't believe in VR as a long term thing but I'd be willing to play a few games with it. I think the low stock of PSVR is on purpose - they've sold much of their first production run, and aren't certain that a second run will move so quickly and are being cautious.

n766lgM.png

That can be a sign of demand or a sign of cautiousness on the part of retailers and sony.
Every indication we have is that PSVR was selling extremely fast. Unless you think that Sony did all of this with the intention of not following through, they have no reason to stop, and every reason to continue.

The only realistic reason for an intentional pause on their part would be if the reports of some defective units were true, and Sony wants tighter quality controls or a minor redesign. Otherwise the simplest and most likely cause of the lack of supply is that production wasn't high enough to keep up with demand. Sony even admitted this was likely the case back at launch. They said that demand was 'massive' and that they would be increasing production for the rest of the year and into 2017 in order to keep up.

DieH@rd

Banned
PSX 2016 was really solid. U4 spinoff, Knack and TLOU2 were really big news, but there was also a healthy dose of nostalgia and trailers for previously announced games.

Sony is on a roll, their games are so varied and ambitious!

Zok310

Banned
Just got home from work trying to catch up, so far the best way to sum this up is Sony just took a big dump on anything trying to compete with them in 2017.

sphinx

the piano man
is the open panel with the TLOU cast happening right now???

can someone please please please give me a link to the livestream? I can't find it :(

Guys, before I start watching the conference, are there any spoilers of Uncharted 4 or The Last of Us in those respective announcements/trailers?

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Serious question: how do you get a tattoo in the apocalypse?

They went back to Tommy's town which had a running hydro electric dam. I'm sure somebody there could figure out how to give someone else a tattoo if not already knowing how to.

Top Bottom