• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Experience 2016 Thread: You Know, PSX, We Really Are 2016

In theory, yeah they should. The issue is that I don't think they have the content to back it up. Part of the reason Sony can do this is because of the sheer amount of software support they've managed to garner over the past few years. People may think little of titles like Nioh, GR2, Nier etc, but it's content like that which goes a long way in having the bandwidth to host multiple events a year.

The bolded is exactly what I was saying when I said "I don't know how it would work." I just don't know if they have the content.

I think this is probably one of the reasons why they don't have one yet. Microsoft simply don't have the studios or partnerships to have a content pipeline like Sony. You have a lot of people bitch that Sony doesn't have a bunch of AAA games for the holidays, but the reality is they've been steadily releasing games throughout the year for at least the past two years. And 2017 is looking stronger than ever for them. They have a ton of games coming.

Even still, I don't think it should preclude MS from having some kind of fan event. There doesn't need to be some bombastic conference.

Microsoft could have held a conference at Gamescom or PGW. They didn't.

True, which I guess goes along with what we're discussing above. They didn't have conferences because they don't have enough to show to make them worthwhile.

Where? I remember last year there seemed to be more talk about whether or not stuff was exclusive than the actual games themselves.

Yeah, I haven't seen any port begging in any of the threads. Only thing I've seen is people discussing the confusion around Nier 2 on its PC port.

What's the general consensus of what they showed today? Still here at PSX and haven't had time to even read GAF.

People on GAF at least loved it going by what I've seen. Personally, I think it was their best PSX conference yet.

I think this is probably one of the reasons why they don't have one yet. Microsoft simply don't have the studios or partnerships to have a content pipeline like Sony. You have a lot of people bitch that Sony doesn't have a bunch of AAA games for the holidays, but the reality is they've been steadily releasing games throughout the year for at least the past two years. And 2017 is looking stronger than ever for them. They have a ton of games coming
You'd think people would have realise this by now but you still get the only fall games matter rhetoric from time to time

Definitely felt like they really figured out what psx is and how to position it as both a half way house between e3s and as its own thing. One or two big deal things that could fit at e3 to bookend the show but lots of nostalgia payoff in between and of course indies. I could see people complaining about remakes and remasters at e3 but watching crash, wipeout, parappa, locoroco, patapon and even knack get announcements that they're coming out of the vault or footage of said games was fantastic and what psx should be about.

Also having lots of coming in the next year dates oppose to the e3 long game view makes sense, excluding the larger bookend announcements Best psx presser by far.

Judging psx and e3, they should really just do these two shows a year and load them as they have.

Tripolygon

Banned
Some impressive facial mocap tech here in the Panel
JVZ0e9x.gif

namabiiru

Any news on Dreams? That game seems to have fallen off the planet.

The last I heard (earlier this year), they have finished the tools and are now building the actual game. A LBP analogue would be finishing the Build mode and now they're making the rest of it.

Svejk

The last I heard (earlier this year), they have finished the tools and are now building the actual game. A LBP analogue would be finishing the Build mode and now they're making the rest of it.
That's good then.. just seems like it's been awhile and they've been pretty silent about it.

CREMSteve

Was busy today so just got a chance to watch the show. All I can say is wow. Still holding out for Syphon Filter one day though.

Velikost

So I just got out of work and am getting to watch this now.

Who's idea was it to invite the woman from the Bethesda E3 conference, and why did they put her right by the crowd mic?

No one can say Sony isn't killing it right now, lets be honest. If you told me I have to choose only one game from their upcoming lineup to play right now, I would just stare at you like an idiot.

Spiderman
Horizon
The Last Guardian
God of War 4
TLOU P2
Death Stranding
Ni no Kuni 2
P5
GT Sport

Honestly I don't know what I would pick. My only complaint is announcing games essentially a full year too early. They aren't the only one guilty of this of course, Zelda, Crackdown, Scalebound, etc but I wish they held off a bit. I mean they are always announcing new games, just shift the reveals a year over.

Otherwise, pure excitement.

Menitta

I think this show, overall was better than their E3 show. For me at least. TLOU2, MVC Infinite, and not one, but TWO Yakuza localizations.

Not to mention all the games

gio%2Bcorsi%2Band%2Bvita.gif

No one can say Sony isn't killing it right now, lets be honest. If you told me I have to choose only one game from their upcoming lineup to play right now, I would just stare at you like an idiot.

Spiderman
Horizon
The Last Guardian
God of War 4
TLOU P2
Death Stranding
Ni no Kuni 2
P5
GT Sport

Honestly I don't know what I would pick. My only complaint is announcing games essentially a full year too early. They aren't the only one guilty of this of course, Zelda, Crackdown, Scalebound, etc but I wish they held off a bit. I mean they are always announcing new games, just shift the reveals a year over.

Otherwise, pure excitement.
Unfortunately if Sony doesn't announce anything you have people on the internet saying they have no games or some other equivalent horsecrap; it's a lose-lose situation for them

I think today shows more then ever that no game series is dead.
Gimme dark cloud 3, i wanna turn my pistol into a laser/hand cannon

Just started watching recording of the conference... I wish I watched it live. Already seems like one of the better conferences from the past few years.

I always own more than one system, after watching that today and seeing what the other platform is doing or not doing, I grew tired of being disappointed and giving "feedback" it's given me the feeling the majority of my gaming time would be best spent on PS4.

PlayStation hasn't been my dominant play time since the original but the games they are offering going forward are really suiting my tastes more than ever. I just need a new Warhawk now.

I always own more than one system, after watching that today and seeing what the other platform is doing or not doing, I grew tired of being disappointed and giving "feedback" it's given me the feeling the majority of my gaming time would be best spent on PS4.

PlayStation hasn't been my dominant play time since the original but the games they are offering going forward are really suiting my tastes more than ever. I just need a new Warhawk now.
Exactly. We shouldn't reward companies that don't respect their user base.

/vita

Toli08

Before today was thinking of buying a Switch because I want to play Zelda and whenever a console pokemon game actually comes. However, I think that plan will get pushed back after today.

Horizon
Detroit
Nioh
Ni no kuni
Persona 5
Destiny 2
Spiderman
God of war
Uncharted dlc
Ys origin
The Yakuzas
Mass effect
Nier
And the list just goes on and on and I still have a huge backlog to play through. Heck I just don't see another system being actually possible and not because of money but because of time.

Loudninja

Fuck that I'm mad salty! Crash fans got something, wipeout fans,freaking parappa fans!! Ape escape wya!!!? I can't even get ape escape 3 as a ps2 classic which was rated ages ago. I'm crying
Still have a long way to go, needs me Some Legend of Legaia 3,Dark Cloud 3 and Azure Dreams 2.

But Man seeing all of those PS1 franchises pop up again was real nice even if I am not into all of them.

Seriously, Sony could even get through the licence hell to get Windjammers re-release. Anything is possible now. That #BuildingTheLists is no joke.
Yeah they do fantastic work.

Fisty

It is extremely nerve-wracking to play the new Housemarque game while Eugene Jarvis is watching you. He was an awesome guy and very approachable, feels good when you find out your heroes are pretty cool dudes behind it all

It is extremely nerve-wracking to play the new Housemarque game while Eugene Jarvis is watching you. He was an awesome guy and very approachable, feels good when you find out your heroes are pretty cool dudes behind it all

Oh man.

How was it? Stand out game of the conference for me.

You a fan of their other stuff?

samred

If you're in attendance:

SpaceBlood Alpha (vr)
Nioh
Wipeout
Windjammers
Housemarque's game
Loot Rascals
YOOKA-LAYLEE OMG quite good
Pyre (you have to try it, the most mechanically interesting game at show)

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Is there any mirror to download this psx? About to take a 2 hour train ride. Need something watch and my youtube red account isnt let me download this to my phone.

Seriously, Sony could even get through the licence hell to get Windjammers re-release. Anything is possible now. That #BuildingTheLists is no joke.

How about bringing Colony Wars to PSN? It's like a Sony owned and developped game!!1 Do it Sony and don't forget to make a new one!
Gonna have to start tweeting that building the list thing.

Top Bottom