• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Experience 2016 Thread: You Know, PSX, We Really Are 2016

We have entered the age of Sony, they are killing it with their announcements/games.

Truly feel bad for MS, I own an Xbox but at this point it's pretty much getting WiiU'd.

Yeah it's pretty crazy. It's to the point that there are literally so many games on PS4 alone coming in 2017 that I will have to compile a list not only just to keep up with them, but decide which ones I want to get around launch. Because there is absolutely no way I'm going to be able to play all of these games next year. I'll have to put quite a few off for a later time.

At this point, even if I wanted an Xbox I simply wouldn't have the time for it. Luckily, all of the upcoming Xbox games I'm interested in are coming to PC, so I can buy the games at my leisure and I'll get to play them eventually.

Xb1 is a great system, but I honestly wish they would do an event similar to this. I don't know how it would work out or if they'd have enough to show, but they gotta try and do something similar.

They gotta have a fan even like this. While I know there is a huge monetary reason for PSX. It breeds community. Showing what the showed, seeing the crowd get hype. You'd be hard pressed to just up and leave the Playstation ecosystem.

Agreed. I think it's a brilliantly calculated move to have PSX in early December where millions are still doing Christmas shopping. The 2-3 weeks of attention surrounding PSX probably has an effect on mindshare. I bet it really puts the idea into a lot of people's minds when they see the announcements and all the hype. It's like "look at all this cool stuff Playstation is getting. Maybe I should pick up PS4."

You are absolutely right that MS needs some kind of fan event like this. The PS Experience has become a big event that brings a lot of hype and attention and all of it solely focused on Sony/Playstation. Nobody is talking about Xbox right now. And I don't mean that in a bad way or anything, but like I said, it's a smart PR move on Sony's part. Not to mention the sense of community it creates like you said.

Having these conferences spread over the year instead of one big one at E3 means that you're constantly keeping your product in the minds of consumers, especially with fresh new announcements.

Skux

It's a good conference but very little I will actually buy.

Uncharted DLC,
The Last Guardian
The Last of Us Part 2
Ni No Kuni 2
Horizon
Crash Bandicoot

Are the only ones shown I will buy.

"Very little I will actually buy"

Lists 6 games

LurkingFear

You are absolutely right that MS needs some kind of fan event like this.

Biggest Megaton Reveal at #MSX16:

IZWjHK5.gif

CazTGG

So...does the new Parappa the Rapper has Dred Foxx involved in some capacity? I searched this thread to see if anything came up but I got no results and i'd prefer not to support any game that came within a hundred feet of such a reprehensible trash heap.

Biggest Megaton Reveal at #MSX16:

IZWjHK5.gif

lol I remember this

that shit was so cringey.

What was MS thinking?

So...does the new Parappa the Rapper has Dred Foxx involved in some capacity? I searched this thread to see if anything came up but I got no results and i'd prefer not to support any game that came within a hundred feet of such a reprehensible trash heap.

That's a good question. But I'm thinking they're just using the original audio, but then again, I don't know much about PaRappa, so you might want to check with a fan of the series.

Hopefully "Drop Dead" Fox is nowhere near this remaster.

Trakan

Why does Naughty Dog keep messing with character faces? I get it, Ellie is supposed to be older, but she shouldn't look like a completely different person.

Fisty

Hopefully the Parappa announcement means we'll get an Ape Escape 1 remake. I'm all for redoing those PS1 games, I'll rebuy stuff like that all day

Xb1 is a great system, but I honestly wish they would do an event similar to this. I don't know how it would work out or if they'd have enough to show, but they gotta try and do something similar.

They gotta have a fan even like this. While I know there is a huge monetary reason for PSX. It breeds community. Showing what the showed, seeing the crowd get hype. You'd be hard pressed to just up and leave the Playstation ecosystem.

I can totally see them doing one down the road. Maybe next year or the year after.

I think MS is kind of sitting back until the Scorpio is the focus. That will essentially be a new gen for them perception wise and I bet they try and use that reset to try and appeal to their hardcore audience the same way Sony has been doing with the PS4 basically since it was revealed.

You are absolutely right that MS needs some kind of fan event like this.

In theory, yeah they should. The issue is that I don't think they have the content to back it up. Part of the reason Sony can do this is because of the sheer amount of software support they've managed to garner over the past few years. People may think little of titles like Nioh, GR2, Nier etc, but it's content like that which goes a long way in having the bandwidth to host multiple events a year.

You know Sony did a good job when everyone is port begging again which happened.

Where? I remember last year there seemed to be more talk about whether or not stuff was exclusive than the actual games themselves.

Boke1879

In theory, yeah they should. The issue is that I don't think they have the content to back it up. Part of the reason Sony can do this is because of the sheer amount of software support they've managed to garner over the past few years. People may think little of titles like Nioh, GR2, Nier etc, but it's content like that which goes a long way in having the bandwidth to host multiple events a year.

The bolded is exactly what I was saying when I said "I don't know how it would work." I just don't know if they have the content.

RedHill

Banned
Pretty disappointing that we still don't have a name change announcement. I'm starting to get tempted to make another account because this is ridiculous

venom2124

Am I the only person that can't get this to start at the beginning? It says it's 5 and a half hours long, but when I click the video it's only 4 hours and starts after the keynote.
I just got home from work and would like to watch the entire conference. This link starts at the last of us panel for me too. Any other link?

Did a search and didn't see it pop up. The MLB The Show 17 trailer is up,
featuring a quick glimpse at "Retro Mode", or "RBI Baseball Mode" as it looks to be.

Link

Fisty

Just talked with Shane Bettenhausen for a bit, I put in a vote for Spy Fiction and Yakuza 2 PS2 Classics. Here's hoping we get them one day

Elios83

This was definetly the most interesting conference of the three PSX editions so far.
Many great announcements and interesting updates, even the indie section had a few standouts and didn't suck!

Bishop89

*Wakes up*

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy announced
Wipeout Omega Collection announced
Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite announced
Marvel vs. Capcom 3 available on PS4 today
Street Fighter V Akuma trailer
Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy trailer, coming in 2017
Resident Evil 7 story trailer
Nex Machina announced
Knack 2 announced
Gran Turismo Sport trailer
NieR: Automata trailer, coming March 7, 2017
Ys Origin coming to PS4 and Vita in February 2017
Danganronpa V3 trailer, coming in 2017
Garou: Mark of the Wolves releasing today on PS4+PSV
The Last Guardian trailer
Gravity Rush 2 free Raven DLC trailer
Windjammers coming to PS4
Ace Combat 7 Trailer
Ni no Kuni II trailer, announced for 2017
The Last of Us: Part II Announced

HOLY FUCKKKK

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
This was a fine conference. Only way it could have been better is if FF7R or KH3 had been there x)

Neonep

As far as the event itself goes, there are way more people than last year and it is less organized than last year. Sony needs to learn that this can sell out.

Camjo-Z

He's not involved, so feel free to enjoy.

Top Bottom