• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Experience 2017 South East Asia - 5th August @ Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

PSX_1920X640.jpg

https://asia.playstation.com/en-my/events/playstation-experience/
https://asia.playstation.com/en-my/press-releases/2017/1h/20170707-playstationexperience2017SEA/

Malaysia, 7th July 2017 – Sony Interactive Entertainment Hong Kong Limited Singapore Branch (SIES) is pleased to announce that it will hold the PlayStation Experience 2017 South East Asia (SEA) in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on the 5th of August 2017.

This will be the first PlayStation centric show in South East Asia, and is modelled after the PlayStation Experience, which is held annually in the United States. PlayStation Experience kicked off in 2014 in Las Vegas, and since then has become an event much looked forward to by PlayStation fans around the world.

PlayStation Experience 2017 SEA brings hands on demos of PlayStation®4 (PS4™) and PlayStation®VR (PS VR) games from Electronic Entertainment Expo to the fans and media in South East Asian region.

Some of the confirmed game demos to be available at show floor include: Detroit: Become Human (PS4™), Everybody’s Golf (PS4™), Far Cry 5 (PS4™), Gran Turismo Sport (PS4™), Knack 2 (PS4™), and No Heroes Allowed! VR (PS VR). Other titles will be announced on a later date.

PlayStation Experience 2017 SEA will include Game Stage Events which will see developers or representatives of various games take the stage to share insight on their upcoming titles, as well as giveaways and other activities.

PlayStation Experience 2017 South East Asia will be held from 10AM to 10PM at KL Live in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

For more info please check out our webpage: https://playstn.asia/PSXSEA.

Date: 5th August 2017 (1 day event)
Time: 10am – 10pm
Venue: KL Live at Life Centre, 20, Jalan Sultan Ismail, Kuala Lumpur, 50450 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Entrance: Free

MalaysiaGAF represent.

Malaysia instead of Singapore? that's surprising lol. might go for a bit & look around (if i'm not that lazy to go out in the first place)
edit: kl live @ life center? why I never heard of that place before lol

Neonep

Woah. Notice how Detroit is going to be playable on the floor. This event is well.... A turn of events. Didn't see this coming at all.

Surprised they're having one in my country...and in the month where I leave the country to resume University studies. Just great.

MattAces

So no press conference?
PlayStation Experience 2017 SEA will include Game Stage Events which will see developers or representatives of various games take the stage to share insight on their upcoming titles, as well as giveaways and other activities.

hamchan

I guess since everyone in Malaysia used to have chipped PS1s and PS2s back in the day, buying burned discs for a few ringgit a pop, that PlayStation still has that popularity.

Wanna go but playable list is sad...

i don't expect alot (or any) new announcements....i just wanna play the games and possibly grab some PS merchandise..

I flew from singapore to SF for PSX2015 and was a blast then. Now this in Malaysia is so much nearer for me (just a car trip).

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
Malaysia instead of Singapore? that's surprising lol. might go for a bit & look around (if i'm not that lazy to go out in the first place)

I don't know, I feel like KL is pretty swanky.

tauke

Will drop by to try out PSVR.

30 mins walk from where I'm staying hehe.

The venue is still pretty accessible by walking from either Bukit Nanas station (KJ Line or Monorail), Raja Chulan station or KLCC.

To those asking why not Singapore?

You need to realise the cost of hosting such event in singapore versus KL...that's your answer.

Sinkie speaking here!

MattAces

Europe am cry, although we do have Gamescom.

This is pretty much the first ever big gaming conference officially available here in SEA. I'm sure it's going to be a small event with no press conference and stuff. At least I will finally get to buy some of the sweet goodies and t-shirts.

Yeah boi.... MalaysiaGAF represent!

Hmm... Life Centre is a strange spot to hold such a big event. It's a kinda run down place. Wonder why they didn't just hold it in KLCCC?

Oh, well, it's easy enough location to go to, might as well take a look.

P.S. for anyone planning to go, I recommend just taking the city monorail (LRT) to Raja Chulan station, which is just across the street from Life Centre. Knowing the KL city centre, it will be practically impossible to get to even the general vicinity by car that day.

Md Ray

So can we expect something from The Last of Us Part II at this event?
Isn't PSX usually held at the end of the year (Dec)?

Yeah, I expect it'll just be some booths with the same playable demos from E3, nothing big or new will be announced. I'll just be there for the gaming swag XD

sirronoh

So can we expect something from The Last of Us Part II at this event?
Isn't PSX usually held at the end of the year (Dec)?

No.

This will likely be purely about getting PlayStation games in the hands of local fans. Don't expect any new game announcements or any updates to major western-focused games. As any company trying to sell products in Asia should, this event will be designed for the local market.

AmanoBuff

Goddamn it why not Singapore :<

My first thought as well. Can not make it as I'm stuck with work here.

No press conference right? Only Showfloor with playable demos?

I suppose we'll at least get a couple of announcements, even though nothing major.

sakuori

Oh, cool a PSX SEA.

So are they going to recognize that Philippines is actually part of that or Sony will continue to ignore our existence? :c

Falk

that puzzling face
P.S. for anyone planning to go, I recommend just taking the city monorail (LRT) to Raja Chulan station, which is just across the street from Life Centre. Knowing the KL city centre, it will be practically impossible to get to even the general vicinity by car that day.

pls

ZsixYQ3.gif

Psykotik

got my flight tickets booked, flying in from brunei.

im not expecting this to be as great as the real psx but im hoping to score at least score some free merch from the booths.

lets see if sony asia can organize a proper gaming expo. at least its an official event.

Did Sony spin an atlas and plant their finger on some random spot or does PlayStation have a massive presence in Malaysia?

Bowl0l

Did Sony spin an atlas and plant their finger on some random spot or does PlayStation have a massive presence in Malaysia?
If Sony Asia decided on holding an event since January, they probably chose Malaysia because our currency was not doing well at that time and booked the venue immediately.

Thanks for the info.

Shin

Banned
Just noticed it said PlayStation Experience, did they have one last year for Sea?
That's a mouthful also, Playstation Hong Kong limited Singapore branch.

Top Bottom