• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Experience 2017 South East Asia - 5th August @ Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Singapore would have been cool...
But I wanted to visit KL anyway, flights are not so expensive mh. Maybe Saturday the event and on Sunday city exploring.

Looks like I might not be able to go due to having work in the afternoon.

Can a kind Gaffer get me some codes if they give those out during the event?

Just noticed it said PlayStation Experience, did they have one last year for Sea?
That's a mouthful also, Playstation Hong Kong limited Singapore branch.

Well, blame PlayStation for not having a dedicated office in Malaysia. and that even the Singapore office is an arm of the SIEHK region unit.

Falk

that puzzling face
At Least Sony has an office here. Nintendo doesn't even have a presence here.

Let's face it, Malaysia has always been a very high-risk region for official presence due to weak economy and high piracy.

Only one of those two has seen some form of measurable improvement over the past decade or so in a business sense, while the other has kinda tanked.

At least our game dev is starting to grow by leaps and bounds though!

sirap

Damn, I wish I was around that week. Would've loved to meet Gaffers and treat y'all to some epic food.

Play Dragonball FighterZ at PlayStation Experience 2017 South East Asia in just 9 days!

20369510_16438530256477sq4.jpg

I think this is the first time that it'll be shown playable on the PS4.

Psykotik

games line up so far:

https://asia.playstation.com/en-my/events/playstation-experience/game-titles/

Bravo Team
PS4 / PS VR
First Person VR Cover Shooter
Release Date: TBA

Everybody's Golf
PS4
Sport
Release Date: 2017.8.29

Detroit: Become Human
PS4
Interactive Drama/Adventure

Gran Turismo Sport
PS4
Sport
Release Date: 2017.10.17

Knack 2
PS4
Platformer

Matterfall
PS4
Sidescrolling Shooter

No Heroes Allowed! VR
PS4/PS VR
Puzzle/Strategy

Stifled
PS4/PS VR
Thriller

The Inpatient
PS4/PS VR
Horror

Dragonball FighterZ
PS4
Fighting

Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom
PS4
RPG
Release Date: 2018.1.19

Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum Session!
PS4
Music/Rhythm

Marvel VS. CAPCOM: INFINITE
PS4
Fighting
Release Date: 2017.09.21

FIFA 18
PS4
Sport
Release Date: 2017.09.29

Dissidia Final Fantasy NT
PS4
Fighting

Final Fantasy XV: Monster of the Deep
PS VR
Fishing

Far Cry 5
PS4
First Person Shooter/Action-Adventure
Release Date: 2018.02.27

Man, this kinda snuck up to me, I had almost forgotten about it since there's no mention of it anywhere in the news, ads, social media, whatever. At least the presentations seem okay...

https://asia.playstation.com/en-my/events/playstation-experience/booth-map/

Kazunori Yamauchi will be there talking GT Sport, Ryozo Tsujimoto talking about Monster Hunter World, Tomoaki Ayano/Kansuke Sakurai talking about Marvel Vs. Capcom Infinite, Wan Hazmer (Square Enix guy who's actually Malaysian) talking about FF15 Monsters of the Deep (that weird Fishing VR thing).

Will try to be there tomorrow to hear about GT Sport and Monster Hunter World, then try out some of the games and maybe get some gaming swag if available. The only games I'm really interested to try out is Ni No Kuni 2 and Dragon Ball Fighter Z, so I'll probably hang around the Bandai Namco booth area most of the time. Any gaffers going too?

tauke

The queue starts at 7am? Oh dear I might need to leave early to be part of the first 300 to grab the goodies bag--

Typical 1Malaysian culture of wanting free stuff

There will be more Monster Hunter World footage but it will likely just be another playthrough of that same demo

Possibly using different weapons as has been the case with all follow up footage so far

Might get some new info but I think they are saving the next big infodump for Gamescom

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Perfect opportunity now for Shawn Layden to walk onstage with a Spyro shirt on lol Is he going to be presenting, or at least be there?

Macnair

Man their FB page are telling people to come early like 7am but they open the gate at 10am. I really want to get a goodie bag...

Maybe I'll leave around 8am. I'm getting really excited and this is my first PS event ever.

Edit: Holy shit I'm a member now!

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Whoever planned to go to Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite Presentation at 3:45, can you keep us update with what's going with the presentation. No Pressure if y'all couldn't. Thanks in advance.

So... anyone managed to get in yet?

I was initially tempted to come but my sixth sense tells me the 1st time for a big event like this will usually be a disaster. Case in point: STGCC (Singapore Toy, Games & Comic Convention).

Oh wow that's a long cue.
Should have done the event in Singapore, that line would have been everyone's wet dream :p

Doing it in Singapore would probably cost a hell of a lot more than in Malaysia. But ya, I do agree.

tauke

It's packed like a sardine or like a KTM Komuter.

Make sure to go to the toilet and bring your own bottle drinks since you need to leave the hall to join back the queue for reentry.

tauke

I just got out in one piece.

Will upload pics and vids of the queue later when I'm back to my room.

Neonep

I remember the lines for opening day of PSX Anaheim. They had to set up a jumbotron to show the outside world the opening panel.
Yeah that was pretty stupid, hopefully this year it's bigger. The floor space was nothing compared to the year before that.

Psykotik

managed to get a priority pass and be within the first 300 in line for the goodie bag. we got there a little late (630am, people were already queuing from 530am) but somehow managed to skip the huge queue by talking to some sony people by telling them we had priority passes. the sony dude then told us to get into a different queue. initially we were lining up in the public queue. there wasnt any indication of where the priority queue was supposed to start.

our group got our photo taken by some newpaper reporter dude while we were in line (12 of us from brunei) and once we got in, i managed to get some hands on time with gt sport (wanted to try out the new thrustmaster wheel, i already played the beta) and played detroit.

also stood in line and got a signed poster from kazunori yamauchi.

only got a playstation badge thing from the lucky draw.

left the hall and got interviewed by a dude from gameshub/edge asia.

all in all a pretty good experience! (for me, im sure it was hell for most folk)

space was an issue though, way too many people and not a big enough venue. hope they improve for next years event, if there is another one.

ill put up some pics later.

Top Bottom