• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Gold Wireless Stereo Headset

Excellent. I actually use them for everything, (since they come with a standard audio cable) like my Vita, 3DS, etc since they are so comfortable.

Wait, the Gold headphones are stereo?? This whole time I thought they were surround headphones.

They use Virtual Surround Sound on PS3/PS4. Every other device it's regular stereo.

Castcoder

Banned
I just got them last week and I LOVE them. Best headset I've used. I lost my Pulse Elites and bought these. Battery isn't the best, but I can keep it plugged in with a long USB cable.

sebco

I bought mine when they came out for $100 and I'm very happy with them, definitely a good deal at $70. Sound is good and they're super comfy, like a couple pillows covering my ears. I just recently used the mic function, while playing Destiny, which worked really well too.

glottis8

Banned
They are Surround, Virtual surround sound.

In wolfenstein NO on the ps4 i noticed the the main character would have a muffled voice and with a slight echo. i turned off the virtual surround and it fixed it. Generally i don't have any issues with them tho. Played Destiny and had tons of fun, clear audio feedback, and talking with my brother was great.

Tetranet

I have them and they're fairly decent all around.

Very good build quality
Isolation (sound inside, noise outside)
Easy controls
Good Battery
Signal/Reception is flawless for several meters
Microphone is great
Very comfortable design & pleasing too

Sound I'd say is good. This is quite hard to quantify, though. Moderate quality would be most appropriate.

The Virtual Surround (which you can turn off) can be really cool for some games, especially TLoU, but off-putting in games with a lot of music like Ni No Kuni.

They are well worth it even at their original price.

Something else I haven't confirmed is that you can use... voice commands with the PS4. Not sure if that's true.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I ordered this from Newegg a day or two ago for $55 shipped. (on sale for $70, and buying with Newegg app and Google Wallet gave $15 coupon).

Going to use them in the interim until I get the headphones I've been saving up for.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
I absolutely love mine. I use them on my Vita and even iPod.

Everyone I've talked to has said that I come through really clear when I talk and the battery life is pretty good (like 6 hours per charge)

TheBoss1

Anyone know about this one?

Sony MDR10RBT Bluetooth Wireless Headphones
61%2ByRh-TTZL._SL1500_.jpg
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FJISZ8M/?tag=neogaf0e-20

B_Raw

Neo Member
So the mic and every thing work for the XB1? I haven't tried them yet but I hate the stock headset, would much rather use the golds. I've got the headset adapter, too.

Also OP, yes they are worth it.

Yup. I use the golds when I use my XB1. Friends have said they hear me loud and clear.

zewone

So the mic and every thing work for the XB1? I haven't tried them yet but I hate the stock headset, would much rather use the golds. I've got the headset adapter, too.

Also OP, yes they are worth it.

Yeah, with the adapter, the headphones work awesome. Really nice time using them with Titanfall.

Top Bottom