• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation is sponsoring London Pride 2017 (24th June - 9th July)

Replicant

<3 U Sony for doing this.

Quick, what is the gayest game on a PlayStation platform at the moment?

First party: TLoU, very inclusive despite the post-apocalyptic nature of the story.
3rd party: NieR: Automata - sort of, it's hinted here and there, Japan-style.

Quick, what is the gayest game on a PlayStation platform at the moment?

This is the first one that comes to mind for me.

81t6QKuY9xL._AC_SL400_.jpg

Edit: beaten :p

sphinx

the piano man
anyone got a link to the tweet?

I went to to the PS's account but can't see it anywhere.

EDIT: duh,nevermind, I was looking iatthe american account

_Ryo_

Awesome. :) Good job, Sony & PS! Represent us and paint the world in rainbows

Awaiting redpill/gamergater/Putin's cock holsters take on this.

Theory: Contains high levels of sodium.

_Ryo_

BTW, since an LGBT member is the lead of one of Sony/Playsation's biggest, most popular and best selling IPs, it would be kinda weird to not do anything for Pride. Especially if
The Last of Us 2
is gonna be shown at E3, which is in June, same as Pride. There is a nice synergy going on.

Spoilered game title in case people havent played it all yet.

addik

I remember Sony changed their Twitter pic to the PS logo with LGBT colors, and making a few posts about sending their support to the LGBT community. It's cool that Sony is doubling on their efforts this year!

Lady Gaia

Kudos to Sony. I'm amused that the dystopian future writers have been predicting in fiction for so long might fail to come about because the corporations have more of a social conscience than our governments. How odd is that?

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I'm surprised only 3 people cried about politics in video games in the comments!

I'd like to say something like,"Maybe they're finally realizing its a losing battle they're fighting!" but I think I'll just go with,"Give it time".

xrnzaaas

Life is Strange is up there.

Possible spoiler for a certain indie game that takes place in a house:
Gone Home too.

I don't play weird Japanese games but I've seen some of their trailers (by mistake ;)) and LiS doesn't even come close. ;)

Theonik

Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkuni
Hmm...

First party: TLoU, very inclusive despite the post-apocalyptic nature of the story.
3rd party: NieR: Automata - sort of, it's hinted here and there, Japan-style.
Played N:A already. You know, I never picked up TLOU. Might get the remaster sooner rather than later.

Senran Kagura tbh
Hmm... Kinda like VD I'm kinda torn. I like the SK games but I they kinda push the more gatyas a form of straight man titillation? Not that I mind. Still appealing!

Life is Strange is up there.

Possible spoiler for a certain indie game that takes place in a house:
Gone Home too.
Might bump a touch higher on my backlog.

Nights of Azure
Never heard of it!

fantomena

It's funny how so many people don't understand that all games has their developers political views and beliefs influences into them, wherever it's open or subtle. There's a reason AC games has this statement before the game starts:
fq2hvmn.jpg

MattAces

That @spacedelete guy is sending some toxic comments

Good lord. I'm fine if you are someone who disagree with this entire thing but keeping your mouth shut. But to type it out and make it a point for the public to see, what is wrong with people.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
This probably did more damage than good perhaps for PlayStation?

I mean damage with whom? Ignorant bigots are going to be ignorant bigots whether Sony supporst LGTBQ or not. This is just another thing in a long list of many they'll lash out for being inclusive and if anything just makes Sony UK look better.

This probably did more damage than good perhaps for PlayStation?

Nah, this is probably a case of bad publicity = good for Sony.

Damn I'm gonna want a rainbow PS logo shirt now. Microsoft does this every year in Seattle, think they had a rainbow colored Warthog one year IIRC. It's cool that even though the gaming community is pretty toxic, the industry leaders and devs themselves are pretty inclusive.

Supporting LGBT is not political, it's respect for other humans where you agree with the idea or not. We are all humans on one planet and should be working together not excluding and killing each other. Good on Sony and all other companies that show support. The bigots will not win, love will.

Top Bottom